Lupe Fiasco's Michael Young History - The breakdown of "The Cool" Story

I know we grave dug this thread but don't if this was mentioned

Michael Young History = My Cool Young History

The name itself shows Lupe's introspection maybe saying that he was a lot like the cool growing up.

I'm still confused by how people didn't listen to the songs ad gather this themselves
laugh.gif

...to each their own...

At the end of the day Lupe Is that Dude.. IMO hes underrated, and Till this day, he hasn't got any credit. Once the new album drops, people will appreciate him. Hopefully.
grin.gif

Just came across this today. I always thought her = fame.

When he starts off saying, "I love the Lord, but sometimes I love myself more" was his way of saying that he made a "decision" that he know he shouldn't have made and that God wouldn't be happy about. Which is why I thought he said, "I hope God has sympathy.............

DCAllAmerican wrote:
Just came across this today...  
Darn good rapper,.. In my top 5, hands down 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Came across this as well:

"I expand on the story, I introduce two other characters, the Game and the Streets. The Streets is a female. She's like the action personification of the streets, the street life, the call of the streets. The Game is the same way. The Game is the personification of the game. The pimp's game, the hustler's game, the con man's game, whatever. Then they've got supernatural characteristics. Like the Cool, his right hand is rotted away. The only thing that rotted away was his right hand. It represents the rotting away of his righteousness, of his good. And the Streets and the Cool kind of have a love affair going on. So she's represented by this locket. And the locket has a key and it's on fire. And as a gift to the Cool on his rise to fame, she gave him the key. And the key represents the key to the Streets. So she wears a locket around her neck at all times. And the way the story goes, she has given that key to tons of people throughout time. Al Capone, Alexander the Great, whatever. She's giving them the key to the Streets. Fame and fortune — but also the prices. The Game, he's represented by a stripped-down skull, a skull with dice in his eyes and smoke coming out of his mouth. The billowing smoke is actually crack smoke. It's not a full concept album; it's more spread over like five [tracks], really abstractly."[sup][8][/sup]

^ I've got faith that F&L2 will see Lupe returning to what he originally set out to do. Just hope it doesnt take forever to come out...

Good dig DC, I missed this the 1st time around. I pretty much figured the story out a while back, but it's cool to read it and connect everything more solidly. Never connected 'He Say, She Say' to the Michael Young History story either, so
pimp.gif
to you OP.

1.) He Say, She Say: The intorduction of Michael Young History2.) Real Recognize Real: He meets The Game and The Streets3.) Streets On Fire: Him talking about the Streets(her distructive nature)4.) The Coolest: He falls for the Streets('Streets got my heart Game got my soul")5.) The die/ hello goodbye (uncool) 6.) Superstar:He gets denied enterance to heaven and helland realizes that he was never a good person7.)The cool:Realizes that the Game set him up(rebuilds his life)

I have a feeling that the streets is mentioned in gold watch

Got my, gold watch and my, gold chain
With my fancy car and my diamond ring
With my fancy broad and she foreign
So its no words and its no slang
And I'm no trick and I'm no lame
Its just so slick that she's so game, and its
Yea, yea she love it over here
Its just yea, yea she love it over here x3

[Hook 2]
Got my, gold watch and my, gold chain
With my fancy car and my diamond ring
With my, ghetto broad and she
So plain got couple scars and one of those long names
She a fight a %$@+% and cusses with no shame
And her Ex-man had her bagging up Cocaine but she
Yea, yea she love it over here

Lupe is dope. 
pimp.gif

Do you guys think Michael Young History being resurrected and his last name being history is a metaphor for History repeating itself ?

Also how he went back to is old neighborhood and tried to get back in The same Game that got him killed in the past 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

He's honestly one of the greatest lyricists in the history of hip hop...

...''best rapper alive'' if you let me tell it.

QFT

as Lupe said himself at roseland ballroom last night, "Im the greatest to ever spat words on a microphone" (something along those lines.Ill see if i have it on video)

show was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does anyone know the order of the songs that the story would be told in? I've been flip flopping them all around.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

He's honestly one of the greatest lyricists in the history of hip hop...

...''best rapper alive'' if you let me tell it.

QFT

as Lupe said himself at roseland ballroom last night, "Im the greatest to ever spat words on a microphone" (something along those lines.Ill see if i have it on video)

show was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hold up. Is Kick, Push II about Michael Young History as well?

Verse 1:

Look at what we did, came a long way from Dirty Ghetto Kids (Uh, yeah)
Look at what we did, came a long way from Dirty Ghetto Kids (Yeah)
You know what it is (Haha, uh, uh, come on)
When the cops didn't find him for grindin' though
They kinda blew the vibe, figured it was time to go
Plus, he had to at home a long time ago
And he had made like ten dollars off the sign he wrote
It read: "A little hungry, and need a little money, it's for my little sister, and her little tummy."
Wasn't lyin' though didn't go buy hydro
Went to the restaurant and bought two gyros
'Cause he knew they wasn't cooking where he lived
Da-kook-akook-akook's now took him to the crib
A little hurt from the rail he took into the ribs
Right bast the pushers who couldn't underdig
"What's the use of pushin' if you ain't pushin' none of this"
If i kick with y'all I'm just pushin' for a bit
But, what was on his mind had pushed him to the lid
They best customer wasn't cooking for a kid
Yes sir

Back