..:: Lyor Cohen Lists Upper East Side NY Home for $28 Million ::..

Via The Real Estalker.
LyorCohen_PICS.jpg

LyorCohen_FP.jpg

SELLER: Lyor Cohen
PRICE: $28,000,000
SIZE: 6 bedrooms, 7 full and 2 half bathrooms

Property records show that Mister Cohen bought his historic townhouse in November of 1999 paying $9,175,000 for the limestone mansion. Listing information indicates the house was built in 1892 but the now elegant and austere façade was re-designed in 1921 by high class architect Cass Gilbert who occupied the house in the early decades of the the 20th century. Mister Gilbert, for those not familiar with the architectural history and lexicon of turn of the century New York City, was a pioneer of the sky scraper and is the man responsible for–among other buildings–the outrageously gorgeous and intricately articulated Neo-Gothic style Woolworth Building in lower Manhattan.

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wish i had the income to afford something like this
frown.gif

needs some serious redecorating though.

I could never live in that house. Its too huge. Unless like my entire family moved in with me I would be afraid a bum would be living on one of the floors and I would just never run into him.

Why would you pay 28mil to live in a house in NY where you get no backyard, no beach front property, and the weather sucks 70% of year. CA > NY

Originally Posted by gORJESS

I could never live in that house. Its too huge. Unless like my entire family moved in with me I would be afraid a bum would be living on one of the floors and I would just never run into him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
fear of large houses? or of bums?

I understand why it's that much, but for $28 million it doesn't seem like a lot. You could get a ridiculous sized house somewhere else for a lot less, with tranquility and privacy galore.

Damn I've always heard about the Upper East Side and $$$$$$ on Property but good grief.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I understand why it's that much, but for $28 million it doesn't seem like a lot. You could get a ridiculous sized house somewhere else for a lot less, with tranquility and privacy galore.

Your pretty much paying for the location. 

$28 Million? You can CLEAN UP in the real estate and some other ventures. Especially here.

28 mil for that???? even in the bay area and LA there are much nicer homes than that for MUCH cheaper, AND with huge @#$ backyards.

Its a nice place but 28 million?

I understand these people want to live in the greatest city in the world and be involved in the scence. Wouldnt 15-18 million be a more reasonable price since he paid 9 million just 11 years ago.

anybody know what street this is on?

this is what's crazy about nyc real estate..there can be a house like this, then next to it a dinky apartment complex with average tenants.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

Via The Real Estalker.
LyorCohen_PICS.jpg

LyorCohen_FP.jpg

SELLER: Lyor Cohen
PRICE: $28,000,000
SIZE: 6 bedrooms, 7 full and 2 half bathrooms

Property records show that Mister Cohen bought his historic townhouse in November of 1999 paying $9,175,000 for the limestone mansion. Listing information indicates the house was built in 1892 but the now elegant and austere façade was re-designed in 1921 by high class architect Cass Gilbert who occupied the house in the early decades of the the 20th century. Mister Gilbert, for those not familiar with the architectural history and lexicon of turn of the century Los Angeles > New York City, was a pioneer of the sky scraper and is the man responsible for–among other buildings–the outrageously gorgeous and intricately articulated Neo-Gothic style Woolworth Building in lower Manhattan.

Cool place.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

for that price, can I atleast get a backyard?

i know right???
as much as I hate it here in Alabama I could own a couple plantations for that price
laugh.gif

Damn cohen was eating real good I see but UES is like a upscale area so someones gonna buy it

Years ago he originally purchased it for $9M, put a few million into it for renovations, and now he's re-marketing it. And yeah UES is overpriced, but there's overpriced real estate everywhere from The Bay to LA to Texas to Florida to Georgia and everywhere in between. Even in Las Vegas there's a home that was just listed for $18M.

Back
Top Bottom