Mac Miller's Blue Slide Park is expected to debut at #1 next week at 175K

Being born in Pitt, I have to root for Mac, obviously his music isn't groundbreaking but def feel good lay back music.. LUV IT .. props to him and his success..

Not a fan of his but congrats, that's huge. Only thing is, I imagine with the minimal radio play he gets and no real advertising, this first week sales are all his real fans and the numbers will drop drastically by next week. But still those numbers are big, no, huge, for an independent today.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

lolz the hate in here is strong, i think yall see the teeny bopper fan base and shy away.

cuz i dont see how you cannot like at least a few mac songs..

Cause we're not 12. 
In regards to Mac though,

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Mac knows his audience, makes good-sounding music they like and can relate to, and they actually purchase it. Every person 19 and under with a Tumblr probably got Blue Side Park. Dude sold his last tour out off a mixtape... and he was doing venues the size J.Cole and Big Sean are doing now--with their albums out. His upcoming show here sold out over a month in advance.

This.
RealRubirosa wrote:
Also, if you think about it, he doesn't really have any competitors in his niche. Who else is as big as him and making music for the young people who live average lives and don't think they're Big Meech? Srsly. The kid has rapped about losing/dealing with family, driving a civic, going to school, partying, and smoking. Somewhere, Asher Roth is wishing he had more charisma than a paper bag so he could have been in this position right now.

This.
This is why I dont understand the Drake hate. Honestly MOST of the posters on here ain't living the life even Rick Ross raps about so to act like being relatable is a bad thing is beyond me.

Yall so focused on "keeping it real" that ya'll forget that dudes like Diggy Simmons wouldn't have a job if his dad didn't rap about the hood to make it OUT of the hood...isn't that what ya'll want for ya'lls kids anyways? 

Ya'll want to blow up in the hood to stay in the hood? 

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

lolz the hate in here is strong, i think yall see the teeny bopper fan base and shy away.

cuz i dont see how you cannot like at least a few mac songs..

Actually I think most people on here who don't really listen to him aren't paying attention to his fanbase, it's
the actual music they're paying attention to. He's not awful or anything, there's just not much on the table. But
at his age, he has plenty of time to grow.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Not a fan of his but congrats, that's huge. Only thing is, I imagine with the minimal radio play he gets and no real advertising, this first week sales are all his real fans and the numbers will drop drastically by next week. But still those numbers are big, no, huge, for an independent today.
thats the crazy thing about it. Thats all fans. Imagine if he had real crazy advertising or a big radio single (which he coulda had easily but I think he swayed away from it)

sillyputty wrote:
RealRubirosa wrote:
Mac knows his audience, makes good-sounding music they like and can relate to, and they actually purchase it. Every person 19 and under with a Tumblr probably got Blue Side Park. Dude sold his last tour out off a mixtape... and he was doing venues the size J.Cole and Big Sean are doing now--with their albums out. His upcoming show here sold out over a month in advance.

This.

RealRubirosa wrote:
Also, if you think about it, he doesn't really have any competitors in his niche. Who else is as big as him and making music for the young people who live average lives and don't think they're Big Meech? Srsly. The kid has rapped about losing/dealing with family, driving a civic, going to school, partying, and smoking. Somewhere, Asher Roth is wishing he had more charisma than a paper bag so he could have been in this position right now.

This.

This is why I dont understand the Drake hate. Honestly MOST of the posters on here ain't living the life even Rick Ross raps about so to act like being relatable is a bad thing is beyond me.

Yall so focused on "keeping it real" that ya'll forget that dudes like Diggy Simmons wouldn't have a job if his dad didn't rap about the hood to make it OUT of the hood...isn't that what ya'll want for ya'lls kids anyways? 

Ya'll want to blow up in the hood to stay in the hood? 

laugh.gif
 Where the hell did this come from? 
roll.gif

But he does have a solid & loyal fan base, plus the Wiz connect, so good for him 

eff what you heard, son's disc KNOCKS! I been listening to cats like curren$y (since no limit, CM days) and got hip to wiz in 08, and bought Asher Roth's asleep in the bread isle, and Mac Miller>Curren$y, Wiz, and Asher. When i first heard mac, i thought he was one in the line of the many pot-infused rappers but, son got content. And, he's only 20 y/o! Asher is 25+, wiz 24, and curren$y turned 30 this year, Miller is NICE! I underestimated son in the beginning which is something I NEVER do, I give every emcee a listen before I pass judgement. I was wrong w/mr. miller. Dude is a pure emcee.

He knows his lane and he has some ill beats....

that Frick Park Market goes HARD.

No hate from me....glad he's doing his thing.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now that I think about it, that's exactly what Asher Roth is doing. Had he debuted in the past year
instead of when he did (09 ??), he'd probably be doing what Mac Miller is doing. People just stamped Asher Roth
as "a guy who sorta sounds like Eminem" and moved on.

No, he was just boring as +%%%, and he stopped making songs like "I Love College". Had he stayed in that lane then he'd still be around in the mainstream.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

dudes saying he did 25k? is this true
laugh.gif

@ 50% in hes only at 25k
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hip hop would officially be dead if he actually did sell 175k

laugh.gif

damn I was totally off at 175k - 200k