Mac Miller's Blue Slide Park is expected to debut at #1 next week at 175K

According to Hits Daily Double, the XXL Freshman’s recently released Blue Slide Park is expected to land on top of the Billboard 200 with sales estimated between 175,000 and 185,000.

The projected numbers will make for an impressive debut for the Pittsburgh native, who’s years of hard work has amassed him a large social network following of 2.7 million on Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace.

Haven't heard the album yet but damn, that's pretty good. Could end up selling more than Wale's Ambition.

Got to chop it up with him yesterday. Real dope.

That's wild…he's going to debut at number 1 as a legit independent artist. Crazy

Is it just me or are record sales A LOT better recently? People are really supporting the artists.

I don't listen to Mac Miller, but MAJOR props for doing those numbers independently.

eek.gif

True meaning of self made. I gotta cop some albums this month. That album is purchase-worthy.

The homie is trash, but I have a lot of respect for his and his teams work ethic

Originally Posted by awwsome

The homie is trash, but I have a lot of respect for his and his teams work ethic
Pretty much.

I've heard very little from him. I don't think he's terrible or anything, I just don't feel like I'm missing out
on anything by not checking him out. Major props though as a truly independent artist. I guess that's
what having nearly 1.5 million twitter followers will do for you.

pimp.gif

straight $@%%$!* on these new cats, who else you know could do this in the rap game independently these days?!  show the kid love.

He sucks imo.. surprised he sold that much.. I don't know anyone that listens to Mac on a regular basis. Props to dude though 

I had no idea he had an album coming out!

Damn, everybody in hip hop selling 150k+ these days first week!

Good stuff, props to him.

not surprised one bit. I'm actually surprised he didn't break 200k-250k actually...Thats what you call a following

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Is it just me or are record sales A LOT better recently? People are really supporting the artists.

I've been saying for the last few months, buying CDs is "cool" for now. That's why, I don't know if it's Twitter and their followers but it's cool for now. If this was 2-3 years ago, Cole, Wale and Mac wouldn't have sold half of what they did. 

Back
Top Bottom