Mac Users, Snow Leopard or Lion?

I have no problems with Lion. I'm running on 8gb of ram and an OWC SSD.

I have battery issues but that's more due to the fact that my battery has gone through 854 cycles. I already bought a replacement from Apple, planning to throw it in by the time the new semester starts.

I would assume that Lion would make everything smoother in terms of syncing, icloud, and the like when it comes to one's iphone.

There also may be some important security features that come with Lion that is not implemented in SL.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

I regret Lion. Terrible Battery, Wi-Fi issues, and it has affected my battery health. Stay with Snow Leopard
all of this 
tired.gif

only thing that Lion is a lil bit more pleasing to the eye but still SL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>L 

way too many issues with Lion, I get the beachball far too often, fan be going nuts a lot more and several programs lag

anyone know how to downgrade back to Snow Leopard?

i may be the only one but Lion is so smooth. the only thing i regret is Tweetdeck isn't Tweetdeck anymore.. it's sad.

all i can say is SL is like Windows XP was the best for Windows.. SL had it right... but I'm on Lion and i like it but i think SL is better but i only like Lion because all of the gestures i can do makes using my Mac a lot easier

Im able to use adobe, blackboard, no battery or wifi issues as a lot of you guys are saying on my lion. Maybe mbp 2.8ghz i7 ftw?

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Maybe mbp 2.8ghz i7 ftw?

23kuih2.png

I downgraded back to SL and all my pirate programs are working and battery life is at least 30% better.
I feel its running more smoother too
pimp.gif

I use filemaker pro and it needed rosetta to be able to open spreadsheets with excell. Its flawless now.

Thanks for convincing me guys

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Thanks Fellas. Keeping SL

Yeah, that no adobe prog is a deal breaker.
Which Adobe programs won't work with Lion. I have CS5 master collection and that works fine on Lion.
It really comes down to what you want. If you are still running Leopard. Get to Snow Leopard at least.  Lion has been good to me since the release date. Haven't had any of the problems that so many people claim to have...Like Office 04 and Quickens no longer working. It's pretty simply to understand that if you are going to upgrade to the newest OS, you will eventually have upgrade your software to the newer version as well. People tend to be cheap or blame Apple when their old software no longer works.

And to check what OS version you have just click the Apple on the top left corner, click about this mac, version is listed under Mac OS X.

Maybe mbp 2.8ghz i7 ftw?

23kuih2.png

I downgraded back to SL and all my pirate programs are working and battery life is at least 30% better.
pimp.gif

I use filemaker pro and it needed rosetta to be able to open spreadsheets with excell. Its flawless now.

how do i downgrade back to SL??
nerd.gif

would i still have all my files and programs?? excuse me *Apps* ??

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Maybe mbp 2.8ghz i7 ftw?

23kuih2.png

pimp.gif

how do i downgrade back to SL??
nerd.gif

would i still have all my files and programs?? excuse me *Apps* ??
You'd have to do an erase and install (meaning all your files and programs will be wiped out. Unless you have a back up source. IE Time Machine) in order to downgrade to Snow Leopard. That is if your Mac did not come with Lion pre-installed. If your Mac had Lion pre-installed, you cannot downgrade.

When using apple, I don't think it's the best idea, to upgrade an os, mostly, because it was designed for different hardware and SL is very good in my opinion.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

you guys who can't run adobe programs must have bootleg programs are no clue what your talking about. i have no problem running my photoshop on my macbook with lion

Back
Top Bottom