MACBOOK >> MACBOOK PRO Vol. Unibody MacBook +%%##.

The title says it all IF.......you aren't a graphics design PROFESSIONAL or a PRO video editor. I payed$2500 for my current MBP a few years ago and I found out that I didn't even scratch the surface of this thing. But at the time the plastic MacBook justwasn't enough for me. Now that the Unibody MacBook has better specs and has a nice overall package, not to mention a decent graphics platform (I knowit's shared, but it's a whole lot better than the Gen 1 MacBook), I'm getting a Unibody MacBook for $1249 with student discount.

It's funny because last gen I preferred the MBP, but for current Gen I want no parts of the MBP. MBP= one the mostoverpriced for specifications on the market today.

Ehhhhhhh all macbooks are overpriced in my book
laugh.gif

I agree, not a fan of the new MBP, typing this from my old 2GHz Intel core duo and still loving it.

Actually Apple prices their laptops quite competitively, their Mac Pros not so much. If you compare your $1249 macbook to the refurb $1699 ($1799 with studentdiscount new) macbook pro that $450 gets you a ***dual GPU***, backlit keys, faster processor, larger ram capabilities, larger screen with better quality,Firewire 800. To call the current Macbook pro overpriced is not quite accurate. I had a 2.53 unibody macbook pro but sold it because of hard times
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rillo561

I agree, not a fan of the new MBP, typing this from my old 2GHz Intel core duo and still loving it.
best computer in the world
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
1 more year of applecare too

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The title says it all IF.......you aren't a graphics design PROFESSIONAL or a PRO video editor. I payed $2500 for my current MBP a few years ago and I found out that I didn't even scratch the surface of this thing. But at the time the plastic MacBook just wasn't enough for me. Now that the Unibody MacBook has better specs and has a nice overall package, not to mention a decent graphics platform (I know it's shared, but it's a whole lot better than the Gen 1 MacBook), I'm getting a Unibody MacBook for $1249 with student discount.

It's funny because last gen I preferred the MBP, but for current Gen I want no parts of the MBP. MBP= one the most overpriced for specifications on the market
Why are you getting a new computer if you haven't even scratched the surface of what you have now? Why upgrade if you haven't even usedthe full potential of what you have?

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

The title says it all IF.......you aren't a graphics design PROFESSIONAL or a PRO video editor. I payed $2500 for my current MBP a few years ago and I found out that I didn't even scratch the surface of this thing. But at the time the plastic MacBook just wasn't enough for me. Now that the Unibody MacBook has better specs and has a nice overall package, not to mention a decent graphics platform (I know it's shared, but it's a whole lot better than the Gen 1 MacBook), I'm getting a Unibody MacBook for $1249 with student discount.

It's funny because last gen I preferred the MBP, but for current Gen I want no parts of the MBP. MBP= one the most overpriced for specifications on the market
Why are you getting a new computer if you haven't even scratched the surface of what you have now? Why upgrade if you haven't even used the full potential of what you have?
QFT

i dunno. spec wise... the MBP and new MB are pretty similar.

but if you look at them jawns side by side... the MB just looks cheesy. i thought the same thing about the airbook when it first dropped. i think its thekeyboard/speaker setup. dunno.

cant hate on any of the new notebooks though, they area all beasts.

that said... still lovin my 2.4 core duo i copped last summer.

Originally Posted by supra97RX7

Why are you getting a new computer if you haven't even scratched the surface of what you have now? Why upgrade if you haven't even used the full potential of what you have?
QFT
Cause I normally do a two year cycle on my laptops AND I want a smaller form factor withbetter battery life AND I'm going to sell my MBP at a VERY reasonable price to someone who will actually appreciate it and use it.

I Copped the unibody MBP for 1600$ sealed last month.... unibody MBP > unibody MB ... there is no comparing the screens .... I cant be squinting my eyesfor that 13 inch screen

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Actually Apple prices their laptops quite competitively, their Mac Pros not so much. If you compare your $1249 macbook to the refurb $1699 ($1799 with student discount new) macbook pro that $450 gets you a ***dual GPU***, backlit keys, faster processor, larger ram capabilities, larger screen with better quality, Firewire 800. To call the current Macbook pro overpriced is not quite accurate. I had a 2.53 unibody macbook pro but sold it because of hard times
laugh.gif
The New Gateway gaming computer has a E-Sata port, 4 USB, HDMI port, 1GB NVIDIA 9800M GTS(which has the dual graphics card set-up like the MacBook Pro...yes 1GB, 4GB of RAM, 320GB 7200 RPM HD, full keypad with numbers, True HD Output, Bluetooth,Wireless N, for only.......$1149. So yes Apple is quite overpriced, and this is coming from somenone who buys Apple products. And the reviews have been nothingbut stellar.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Actually Apple prices their laptops quite competitively, their Mac Pros not so much. If you compare your $1249 macbook to the refurb $1699 ($1799 with student discount new) macbook pro that $450 gets you a ***dual GPU***, backlit keys, faster processor, larger ram capabilities, larger screen with better quality, Firewire 800. To call the current Macbook pro overpriced is not quite accurate. I had a 2.53 unibody macbook pro but sold it because of hard times
laugh.gif
You can easily get an HP AND get better specs than that base model mbp for cheaper.

MBPs are nice but anyone who defends their pricing without being someone who needs osx is plain ******ed.

QFT
Its the apple logic. They release a "new" version every year to make people think there current product is out of date.

QFT
Cause I normally do a two year cycle on my laptops AND I want a smaller form factor with better battery life AND I'm going to sell my MBP at a VERY reasonable price to someone who will actually appreciate it and use it.
give me your old macbook then.

^^^^ And that's with the new Nehalem Centrino 2 platform, DD3 RAM,and 1066 mhz FSB.

The nehalem laptop counter part isnt even out yet....

macbook pro unibody is better. i've owned both. i only have the 13" for size and weight purposes...

Originally Posted by hella handsome

QFT
Cause I normally do a two year cycle on my laptops AND I want a smaller form factor with better battery life AND I'm going to sell my MBP at a VERY reasonable price to someone who will actually appreciate it and use it.
give me your old macbook then.

Yo, just got the Unibody MacBook. Very satisfied, and this is coming from someone that currently has a MacBook Pro. I likethe solidness of the unibody and the form factor of the smaller 13.3 size. Very light, and small and portable. Dude told me at the store that I can sell my MBPfor up to $1400. I'll let it go for $1000 and that will subsidize the price I paid for my Unibody MB.

Back
Top Bottom