Macbook Won't Connect to Wi-fi

So i posted this similar question a few days ago but no one answered my post. Basically i've had my macbook for almost a year and a half and have never had problems getting onto my wifi at home. Suddenly my internet stopped working yet under airport i'm still connected to my network. My desktop pc is hooked up via ethernet to my router and works perfectly fine, my dads windows laptop connects to the wifi perfectly fine, even my iphone can get on, it's just my mac that doesn't. I reset the router to factory specs and started a whole new network and still the same problem. I've tried three different browsers and still nothing. I'm thinking of buying a new router and testing that and if it doesn't work i'll just return it. I'll sometimes be able to connect it'll run fine for a few minutes then drop back off. I haven't tried connecting to any other network as all the networks around here are secured. Hooked the mac through ethernet to my router and works perfectly fine. I've run out of ideas and if anyone can offer any insight i'd appreciate it.

might be your wireless card has malfunction inside the laptop, hope you got apple care on that thing. oh btw...GET A PC.

Yeah, it connects to my network and i get an ip address yet the internet or any internet related program doesn't work. Under network settings under TCP/IP configure IPv4 using DHCP is enabled. Configure IPv6 is set to automatically. Firewall is set to allow all incoming connections.

Back
Top Bottom