Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

I'm glad we got to see Alison Brie again. Been wondering if we were ever gonna see her anymore and ends up being in this episode.

Loved the shot of Don and Peggy dancing and that last scene of it panning out with Pete, Peggy, and Don as a "family."

Yeah, been too long now.. just thinking it would of been cool to insert him back into the fold. Would of been ideal when they first started SCDP.

wonder what happened to Sal :lol:

They fired him according to my sister. Apparently Don said something along the lines of "you should leave before we deal with you"

i was hoping he'd make a return at some point

The creator of the show said he wasnt ever coming back and doesnt know why people keep asking about him. Unless he changed his mind I dont think Sal will make it to any episode before the end of the actual season

:smh: **** this season split ********.

Pete's girl,
Megan with no wig and less make up (looks way better like that)
Joan with her hair down.
TRUDY APPEARANCE.
Thank you Mad men for this episode.

very well written ep.

Hated the way peggy got crapped on but glad they bounced back.

I wonder if/ and when she'll ever tell pete about that baby. and how he'll react.

My man Benson.. proposed the life to Joan.. smh son, but gotta respect the attempt

^She told pete about the baby before.

He was shocked. She casually reminded him she could've owned him and ruined his life. But then they moved on and act like it never happened.

Also I am glad Peggy and Don are becoming friends again. She would have none of this if it wasnt for him. Hell he even found her when she was in a mental hospital and told her to get well and come back to the company despite being gone for so long. That should be the type of thing that would make you friends for life.

Last edited:
I'm glad we got to see Alison Brie again. Been wondering if we were ever gonna see her anymore and ends up being in this episode.

Loved the shot of Don and Peggy dancing and that last scene of it panning out with Pete, Peggy, and Don as a "family."

We'll probably see more of her now, with Community being cancelled.

pete's side(?)chick :pimp:

^She told pete about the baby before.

He was shocked. She casually reminded him she could've owned him and ruined his life. But then they moved on and act like it never happened.

Also I am glad Peggy and Don are becoming friends again. She would have none of this if it wasnt for him. Hell he even found her when she was in a mental hospital and told her to get well and come back to the company despite being gone for so long. That should be the type of thing that would make you friends for life.

Now I remember. Thanks

and no more alison brie then what we'vve been getting, she really has no purpose on the show to be completely honest. plus its the last season and only like what 6-7 more eps when it comes on again.

doubt we'll get a heavy dosage of her.

which is sad

For seven seasons Ive been trying to get my friends to watch this show.. and they say it looks boring. This is the best written show on television hands down. I will miss it dearly.

For seven seasons Ive been trying to get my friends to watch this show.. and they say it looks boring. This is the best written show on television hands down. I will miss it dearly.

I told my boy he wouldn't like it because there is no action. But I also said that it is by far the best written show and has the best character development and acting. The dialogue is phenomenal

^When the entire box set comes out I will cop. Second show I ever felt the need to own every season (first was Chappelle show and I don't consider "the lost episodes" a season. Never watched that trash)

Easily the best written show. This will be hard to top. Now all the shows that I watch, except GoT, are coming to an end. The next generation of shows I am into(OITNB and House of Cards) don't come close to touching this.

That final scene 
nerd.gif

They are the family. Don, Pete, and Peggy are the only 3 in the office that all share some kind of personal connections outside of work. Really great seeing them come together

Countdown to Don smashing Pete's girl?

She been tryna throw that box at him since they met.

Man before the whole "make up" scene, I thought Peggy was getting ready to jump out a window lol. Her jimmies were getting rustled so hard

Megan walking in on them making whoopie? :nerd:

I was wondering if there was more meaning to the airplane scene where it showed Megan and Pete's new girl on the same plane... Or was it just the emotions on their faces that was meant to be shown? If that makes sense...

Last edited:
1. we need that gif of Don's celebration after Peggy tells him to present

2. Roger lookin like he did 1 too many bench presses when he was young

Man before the whole "make up" scene, I thought Peggy was getting ready to jump out a window lol. Her jimmies were getting rustled so hard

Megan walking in on them making whoopie? :nerd:

I was wondering if there was more meaning to the airplane scene where it showed Megan and Pete's new girl on the same plane... Or was it just the emotions on their faces that was meant to be shown? If that makes sense...

The other beautiful little moment that capped a complicated scene is that interstitial bit on the plane back to Los Angeles, where Bonnie is at a window seat, face blotchy from crying, while Megan is across the aisle and a few rows back, sipping red wine while smoking. Both are lost in their own thoughts, as happens on a plane. Bonnie is mourning something. Megan seems secretly happy. And then the stewardess snaps the first-class curtain shut, and it’s over. Again, I don’t really know why we see that, or what it means. But I like that we see it.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/mad-men-strategy-204813

One take on it from the AV Club. It might just be two sides of a potential breakup. Megan is happy and ready to move on from Don; Bonnie is upset that Pete cares more about his work than her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom