Magic: the Gathering vol. Nerds, Where You At?

I played this card game when I was a kid; probably a bunch of you guys did too. I was probably eight years old when I first picked this up and played it until I was probably thirteen of fourteen. Once high school rolled around, I became preoccupied with other things. School, video games, sports, painting, etc. Another reason I stopped playing was because the circle of friends I played with kind of drifted apart. Now in my third year of college, I moved into a new house with roommates that actually play this game and it sparked my desire to play again. The game is a lot more complex now than I remember it ever being but it's still a ton of fun. I feel ******ed though because I don't know as much about the game as these other guys do.

So mostly nerds play this game. Whatever
laugh.gif
, I feel like as long as I don't cross the line into spending Friday nights in dimly-lit comic book shops playing this game, I'm good.

Anyone trying to admit they play this? 
nerd.gif
If there are, maybe we can get a discussion going.

I seen dudes play it at my school on the 6th floor, looks too boring so I never bothered learning and I doubt I'll ever play it.

Glad you made this post

I used to play this for about 2-3 years in middle school. Great times. We used to all go down to the local comic shop and play in the back after school. We'd have Magic Parties at peoples houses on the weekends. Used to be so much fun.

When Madden 07 came out, a few hours before the midnite release, we played. Me and 3 of my friends took all of our old common cards, took about 45 minutes and each made a deck. Was mad fun.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Glad you made this post

I used to play this for about 2-3 years in middle school. Great times. We used to all go down to the local comic shop and play in the back after school. We'd have Magic Parties at peoples houses on the weekends. Used to be so much fun.

When Madden 07 came out, a few hours before the midnite release, we played. Me and 3 of my friends took all of our old common cards, took about 45 minutes and each made a deck. Was mad fun.
pimp.gif

I use to only play this with friends at our houses and didn't do the comic book shop thing. I went with some of my roommates recently to play in a tourney (got my #@@ handed to me
laugh.gif
) and it's a completely different experience. Now when we do homework at the local coffee shop, we take Magic breaks. It definitely helps the study process.

Played the hell out this game during middle school. Only types who play it at my school now though are mad creepy so i'd rather not play w/ them lol.

used to play this game too, the last expansion pack at the time i stopped playing was i think mirrodin? ( the expansion pack with lots of artifacts and where they introduced affinity )

I think that one of the best aspects of the game is the creativity one can put into it. It's a ton of fun coming up with ridiculous deck ideas and it's even better when they end up working.

I personally run a deck that turns goblins into zombies and all kinds of fun effects and combos happen.

I guess with all the negative connotations associated with those that play this game, it's going to be hard for some to accept it
laugh.gif
It's a lot of fun if you can get past that.

I had the cards except I had no idea how to play neither did any of my friends so we just moved to yu-gi-oh spent all of my Grade 5 lunchs playing it
laugh.gif

Still got these, yugioh, and pokeman cards up in the closet somewhere, ne1 kno some place I can sell em? Invested alot of money into those peices of cardbaord when i was lil.

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Still got these, yugioh, and pokeman cards up in the closet somewhere, ne1 kno some place I can sell em? Invested alot of money into those peices of cardbaord when i was lil.
ebay or cardshark

used to play in middle school. Sold my deck on eBay for a lot less than I spent on it. I ended up DLing the xbox game. I was then called a nerd by all my friends on xbox live.

laugh.gif
I played this game heavy in 4th and 5th grade. I actually just found the last deck that I made. Angels
pimp.gif
sick.gif

I don't even wanna know how much I spent on cards back in the day
smh.gif
It was fun though and I think it helped my brain develop into the strategic powerhouse that it is now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
I played this game heavy in 4th and 5th grade. I actually just found the last deck that I made. Angels
pimp.gif
sick.gif

I don't even wanna know how much I spent on cards back in the day
smh.gif
It was fun though and I think it helped my brain develop into the strategic powerhouse that it is now.
laugh.gif
Dude, if you played angels back in the day, you don't even want to know what kinds they have out now
sick.gif

Damn when I was I jhs 94 - 97 I used to collect some of everything that I thought might b worth something in da future. From all 4 major sports cards,pogs,magic, marvel & dc overpower cards what ever it was I collected it. Ima have to see how much these cards are worth now.

I was hooked on this and pokemon during my jhs years. I remember going to card shops playing other people
laugh.gif
Wasted so much money on these, and baseball cards when I was young. I still remember going to 1 of the stores when i was a kid bought 2 packs of pokemon cards 1 pack was a charizod and the other was a venasaur(however the hell you spell it) I was going buckwild
laugh.gif

Too bad I never sold them the right away a lot of money could of been made there.

Back
Top Bottom