Magic's Pietrus to Ditch Kobe-Endorsed Hyperdunks for....

If he did switch to Js, he'd probably wear the jumpman elite like the rest of Team JB did in the playoffs.

I thought in the Finals vs. boston KOBE wore ZK3 MVP's @ home and ZK3 Black GR's on road

Just heard on espn news that Pietrus is gonna be rocking a "special edition kobe bryant endorsed sneaker"

As long as he doesn't rock a GR Team Jordan shoe.
smh.gif

I was expecting the orlando 7's from the pack coming out, but some penny 2's would be hot. Someone on his team has been wearing penny 3's, not sureof his name though.

Originally Posted by PR SUPERMAN 247

I was expecting the orlando 7's from the pack coming out, but some penny 2's would be hot. Someone on his team has been wearing penny 3's, not sure of his name though.

That's Courtney Lee.. He rocked it against the cavs during there home games,IMO Pietrus will def wear True flights or Jumpman Pro IDs..

^that would be Courtney Lee, sir.

And my bet is that Pietrus wears the Jordan 60+ Orlando colorway.

^ LOL....

i am so disappointed that he backed out of this gesture! it was totally fitting and even on a marginal scale spiced up the finals imo, from a sneakerheadperspective...

Originally Posted by bundy9

^

i am so disappointed that he backed out of this gesture! it was totally fitting and even on a marginal scale spiced up the finals imo, from a sneakerhead perspective...

It's probably not his fault though, JB probably got wind of it and told him to back off.
I've heard JB has a way of controlling which players gets to wear Jordans in the NBA.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by bundy9

^

i am so disappointed that he backed out of this gesture! it was totally fitting and even on a marginal scale spiced up the finals imo, from a sneakerhead perspective...

It's probably not his fault though, JB probably got wind of it and told him to back off.
I've heard JB has a way of controlling which players gets to wear Jordans in the NBA.
Well from what I'd assume, he's probably got a very low-key, minimal shoe deal with Nike (I say minimal, but it's probably in therange of $50,000).

So technically, they were probably "No, you can't wear Jordan Brand, you've got to continue to push these Kobe's". He's probably justassumed since Nike owns Jordan, it'd be all good.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

I don't understand, how are hyperdunks KOBE endorsed? Doesn't Kobe endorse his own sig shoe? I thought that the Hyperdunk was just a part of the Nike Basketball Line.
Kobe wore Hyperdunks in the Finals last season, and they were his primary shoe through most of the first half of this season. If I'm not mistaken, his Hyperdunk home and away colors were special in that they were available as a GR Hyperdunk colorway. He only switched to ZKIVs around their release, which was in February I believe.

Dark Chocolate wrote:
Understood. But since they were NOT his sig shoe, how are they known as Kobe's shoes? Maybe I am missing something, but when did a special makeup of a Nike Basketball shoe constitute being the sig shoe? I thought that there were many players who had special makeups of the shoe, which included Tony Parker during that same time last year. Didn't they release a video game with his version?

the hyperdunks were not frobe's sig shoe persay, but nike thought he would push the product for them (duh). frobe was pushing hard for a low top and atthat time, nike just came out w/ the flywire and lunar foam technology. so nike fed frobe the hyperdunk w/ the "it's the lightest bball shoe evercreated" message and frobe went w/ it. at the same time, nike also pushed the hyperdunk through the nike athletes in the olympics. frobe continued to wearthe hyperdunk after the olympics; just before all star weekend, nike produced the hybrid hyperdunk for frobe before switching to the zkiv. there were 3 cw madefor the hybrid (2 away and 1 home). and the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom