Maison Mihara Yasuhiro

Surprised this thread doesn’t exit.
Interested in these. Anyone have some on foot shots of some of their shoes?

I mean you are paying $3-$400 for essentially converse with more rubber on the soles lol. It's a joke IMO. Legit canvas is the same is one of the cheapest, crappiest and most uncomfortable materials and then just loads of rubber around it. These brands be laughing all the way to the bank with your money :lol:

I mean you are paying $3-$400 for essentially converse with more rubber on the soles lol. It's a joke IMO. Legit canvas is the same is one of the cheapest, crappiest and most uncomfortable materials and then just loads of rubber around it. These brands be laughing all the way to the bank with your money :lol:
I suppose if you were going on a comfort scale, you’re probably not wrong and better off going with new balances. But style is subjective and some of us think that these are nice. Doesn’t have to be your cup of tea.

I suppose if you were going on a comfort scale, you’re probably not wrong and better off going with new balances. But style is subjective and some of us think that these are nice. Doesn’t have to be your cup of tea.

Taking comfort out of it is fine. And I do agree about style being subjective (style wise I don't hate them) but IMO charging that much for that specific product and people willing to pay it is laughable. Designers have lost the plot and IMO people like to circlejerk them too much.

It's like paying $50 for a Big Mac that comes in a different box.

Isn’t that basically everything out there on the market? Plus, these aren’t vulcanized like converse or vans but these are actual foam outsoles stitched on to the uppers like your typical sneakers. Anyway, it’s wear what you want. I’m not judging anyone wearing whatever they like or spend. These aren’t even that much considering i am for a design that i like as they’re retailing for around 30000yen ~$210. Add international shipping and customs, probably $260

Mihara’s been around for like 20y, and designer shoes/sneakers do actually believe it or not tend to be made out of super nice materials and made to a high quality standard. The yen is cheap rn, so everything in Japan is on sale if you’re paying in dollars. Not surprised these are getting attention, let’s see ‘em

Back
Top Bottom