Malcolm X's assassin granted parole

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Killer of Malcolm X Granted Parole[/h2]By ANDY NEWMAN AND JOHN ELIGON
19malcolm1-cityroom-articleInline.jpg

Associated Press/WCBS-TV Thomas Hagan struggling with officers after his arrest in 1965.

After being turned down for parole 16 times, Malcolm X’s only confessed assassin is about to gain his freedom.

Thomas Hagan has been held since moments after shots rang out in the Audubon Ballroom in 1965. He has been on work release for more than two decades, but he still spends two days a week locked up at the Lincoln Correctional Facility on West 110th Street in Manhattan.

On March 3, however, on his 17th try, Mr. Hagan was granted parole, the State Division of Parole said. His final release date is tentatively scheduled for April 28. The news was reported Thursday on The Village Voice’s Runnin’ Scared blog.

Mr. Hagan, who turned 69 in jail on Tuesday, was a militant member of the Nation of Islam on Feb. 21, 1965, when Malcolm X was shot while giving a speech at the Audubon, in Washington Heights. Mr. Hagan, then known as Talmadge X. Hayer, was captured by the crowd and shot at and beaten before being rescued by the police.

Two other men, Muhammad Abdul Aziz (then known as Norman 3X Butler) and Kahlil Islam (then Thomas 15X Johnson), were also charged with the murder. They maintained their innocence. Mr. Hagan did not, testifying at his trial in 1966 that he was responsible for the murder and that his co-defendants were innocent.

19malcolm2-cityroom-articleInline.jpg

Associated Press/New York Daily News Mr. Hagan in an emergency room after being beaten by the crowd at the Audubon Ballroom.

All three men were sentenced to 20 years to life.

Mr. Hagan said in a 1977 affidavit that he and several accomplices (not Mr. Aziz or Mr. Islam) decided to kill Malcolm X because he was a “hypocrite

^^^^I was gonna say the same thing VII.
I can't see NY letting this cat live.I feel like there will be a Malcolm X "fanatic" that will take it upon themselves to snuff this brother out (if father time doesn't get to him first).I might be reaching,but that's how I feel.

No ill will towards that pawn. If ya'll really upset take it up with the nation, good luck getting within 100 meters of Farrakhans crib
laugh.gif

u guys are idiots and cant read.

they just said dude has 5 days a week on the street.
hes not in jail 24/7.

and honestly... malcom has done alot more dead then he did alive.
his death enabled his voice to reach the entire world in force.
not whispers behind closed doors that may stay closed forever.

i dont agree with much the man had to say, but i respect his beliefs.

He did his time and paid his debt. Isn't that the popular response on this site? Just because he killed your boy doesn't mean the same logic doesn't apply.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

He did his time and paid his debt. Isn't that the popular response on this site? Just because he killed your boy doesn't mean the same logic doesn't apply.

Usually in response to a drug dealer not a murderer

No you take another mans life you dont pay your debt until you die in prison!

Do people not read anymore before posting? He's been on the streets 5 days a week for the past 21 years.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^^^Why do people have to be "idiots" man?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Because he in fact is the idiot (see other threads)
laugh.gif
.. Sure the guy spent 2 days of every week in the slammer, but now that he's been granted parole, I hope that little bit of joy and happiness in his heart is crushed after a car runs him over.[/color]

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Because he in fact is the idiot (see other threads)
laugh.gif
.. Sure the guy spent 2 days of every week in the slammer, but now that he's been granted parole, I hope that little bit of joy and happiness in his heart is crushed after a car runs him over.[/color]
who are you? i want to hurt you bro. like in real life. just so you know.

and theyre idiots because they cant read/

they read the first 10 words then comment.

"this scum shouldnt see the light of day!!!!" not knowing the whole deal.
thats why, they, good sir, are idiots.

so please. an hero.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Because he in fact is the idiot (see other threads)
laugh.gif
.. Sure the guy spent 2 days of every week in the slammer, but now that he's been granted parole, I hope that little bit of joy and happiness in his heart is crushed after a car runs him over.
who are you? i want to hurt you bro. like in real life. just so you know.

and theyre idiots because they cant read/

they read the first 10 words then comment.

"this scum shouldnt see the light of day!!!!" not knowing the whole deal.
thats why, they, good sir, are idiots.

so please. an hero.

Go at him, bro. Go at him.

ronnie-magro-jersey-shore.jpg

Back
Top Bottom