Mam says he was harrased while carrying gun at airport

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...assed-while-carrying-gun-at-airport/28337871/

Jim Cooley says that while he and his wife took his daughter to the airport after a vacation, he openly carried his AR-15 rifle – which is his right under Georgia state law.
And while city officials have in the past expressed dismay over the fact that citizens are permitted to carry weapons in the open and public areas of the airport, it is, indeed, perfectly legal for citizens to walk through the airport with their A metro Atlanta man says he was harassed for exercising his Second Amendment rights while at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport last week.

Cooley says he was approached by several Atlanta Police officers asking about his firearm, which he said he was carrying for safety, while at the airport.

However, Cooley asked the officers, each time he was stopped if he was being detained. When the officers each answered in the negative, he continued on his way.
He recorded each of the encounters and posted them to YouTube.
Upon leaving the terminal and going to the parking lot, three officers followed him. None of the three would say why they were following him when he asked them, though they took photos of him and his vehicle as he got in and drove off.

Does he really need to walk around flexing like that. MURICA

I judge as well as do not trust people carrying ar 15s at the airport

These stories always boil down to practicing rights vs. instigating conflict. I tend to lean towards the latter since he ran and posted it on social media.

It amazes me how certain documents have to be updated regularly, regardless of how unnecessary it is, such as a driver's license, but people worship the constitution as if it was written by gods and it should stand throughout the remainder of American civilization. This stuff was written during a certain period and in my opinion should be changed.

It's crazy how dude feels like he's being harassed and doesn't see how carrying a chopper in an airport could be a concern.

More attention-deprived children... it's legal for me to play an obnoxious mosquito noise on my phone and walk around in public, do you see me doing that?

It amazes me how certain documents have to be updated regularly, regardless of how unnecessary it is, such as a driver's license, but people worship the constitution as if it was written by gods and it should stand throughout the remainder of American civilization. This stuff was written during a certain period and in my opinion should be changed.

It's crazy how dude feels like he's being harassed and doesn't see how carrying a chopper in an airport could be a concern.

THATS THE THING. HE DOES know...

He knows exactly what he's doing. This was purely an attention seeking narrative to show that Murica ain't taking my guns..

Same with freedom of speech.

I have the right to go up to his wife and call her a slutty ***** and then blast him with the banger in self defense when he tries to flex.. Doesn't mean I should or will.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the vid of that was posted of a guy walking around with his gun visible and people were concerned and told a cop. Then he proceeded to argue with the cop.

If i'm out in public and someone is showing off an assault rifle or any gun i'll definitely be concerned. Never know if that person is crazy and wants to start a massacre there. Dude is just being a damn jerk bringing it to the airport.

Also those stupid people in I forgot what state, but it's legal to carry and they wanted to get attention by going to restaurants and showing off their guns.

Last edited:
I'm all for gun rights and the ability to conceal carry, but these open carry hard-ons are just looking for a confrontation with cops to try and show some sort of "the govt wants to take our rights away" BS.

What makes me mad is when black dudes get killed or are subject to police brutality people say that the black guy shouldn't have been arguing with the cops. That we should be super compliant and make the cops job easier. When white people walk around with guns and the cops try and talk to them people say nothing when white people refuse to comply. Eric Garner apparently deserves to die because he refused to comply with police yet when Clive Bundy and group of armed militia have their weapons pointed at law enforcement, they are considered  heroes.

Real tough guy. I'm all for gun rights, but some folks are attention ******. Also, I feel like this whole situation would be different if it was a black/brown person. Wonder if a Muslim American (or whatever) can get away with "exercising his rights" here. Doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
RUN:White Privilege...........loading............loading..................loading....................ERROR: White privilege failed to load

Dude went to airport just to rustle jimmies. Now he pissed off his was rustled instead, and expects people to view this as some sort of injustice :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Dudes that are all about their guns have to have small manhoods. Just my opinion, they are doing too much

Last edited:
Many good points being mentioned, I believe the law should be updated in reflection of the times. Maybe back then it was alright to be walking around flashing da musket but those days are long gone.

THATS THE THING. HE DOES know...

He knows exactly what he's doing. This was purely an attention seeking narrative to show that Murica ain't taking my guns..

Same with freedom of speech.

I have the right to go up to his wife and call her a slutty ***** and then blast him with the banger in self defense when he tries to flex.. Doesn't mean I should or will.
Your black b, you don't have such rights.

White privilege
:smh: this

Loading up the vid now, I assume it's like that idiot chick parked in a fire lane arguing with the cop :smh:

These stories always boil down to practicing rights vs. instigating conflict. I tend to lean towards the latter since he ran and posted it on social media.

It's most certainly the latter. Exercising your right means you use your firearm when in harm's way. There is no reason for anyone to walk through an airport with an AR-15, especially in this day of heightened awareness and sensitivity, other than the sole purpose of causing a scene. These people and people with their "therapy" animals can go eff right off. It's an extreme form of narcissism.

Back
Top Bottom