Man contributes to workplace lottery pool for 8 years then goes on vacation...

This man just got his back sliced up and his number one priority is catching up with lotto pool payments!? Come on, some of you are just completely out of it. He can barely (if even) walk and you guys are expecting him to run to the office or call up a coworker to get in the next pool.

The man has been involved with this for 8 years, there is no question that he would continue. With all of that being said, now all of the coworkers are going to lose due to legal fees. This man will extend the trial and make it as big as it can get. The smartest decision would be to settle outside of court, but being Ohio, I don't have my hopes up for a rational decision being made.

I liked the: Would he of payed back the backed pay for not paying those months question. But that cant be honestly answered now since information about the lotto win is out and known. I wondered if they would of bought the same amount of tickets? If 23 people are in they have more money for tickets then 22 people would have. 

Out out the 22 people I'm sure some are on his side,(like a jury trail decides a verdict) but i see them making a group decision. Group wise i doubt he will get the money, but maybe after the case is settle some of the others might drop him a few stacks? IMO

Sidenote: Work environment is going to suck when he gets back though. I know the office lotto winners can quit but it would be smart to stay working. We know most of the people are going to upgrade: Pay off mortgage, new whips, kids school, help family, buy stuff for self, maybe invest < That 2 mil isnt going to stretch to far< which is why most of the employees are being greedy about the 100k spread idea< my guess

I personally think he deserves something though, either a few stacks or the full amount. But in real life I'm not apart of the group that won, and people dont see the way i and others on this board do. different people different perceptions!!!

In the right hands 2 mil can stretch for a long time. But as lotto history suggests, people aren't very smart with their winnings. 90 percent of lottery winners are broke after 5 years.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by oidreez

See how money ruins relationships? Morally they should give him some but 3 months is a long time to not contribute

How are they morally obligated? If that's the case they could argue that he was in the wrong for not contributing towards purchasing the ticket while waiting to swoop in if/when they won.
grin.gif

If you take emotions out of the equation it's a pretty clear-cut decision, imo.

dude was out on back surgery though. if he had taken a vacation i would understand but that's not the case.
We don't know how bad his injury was. Also, what if someone called and offered to spot him the money but he refused? What if after 8 yrs he had finally decided to stop taking part in the office pool then had had a change of heart 3 months later?

The people in the best position to know what really went down are the co-workers. All we're doing on a message board is hypothesizing, at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

i dunno...let's say they didn't win and then dude came back to work and started playing again...would he be paying them back for all the time he hadn't paid for due to not being there? i'm sure after 8 years of playing with him, they'd be able to answer that question. depending on the answer, i'd either pay him or i wouldn't.

See the point is loyalty. Dude was loyal to the pool for 8 years. 8 full years then he had a back injury so he couldnt play. Maybe he didnt have money because he had to pay for doctor bills or what not

But the point is that the dude been loyal for 8 years.

This is the reason why I dont have friends. Nobody is loyal and honest these days. Treat everybody the way you would want.

Anyway based on fact he been loyal for 8 years morally they should give him something
ive been seeing it like this also throw dude atleast 50k a person smh
and im usually cold blooded too...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom