Man contributes to workplace lottery pool for 8 years then goes on vacation...

People's true colors come out when it involves money. No one just sat back and said, this dude was with us from the beginning. Let's throw him something.

They couldve said, instead of getting this all complicated, a consolution of sorts would be good.

Did they not call him asking for his share every lottery night? Did he not call someone at work to arrange something.

Bottom line, no one has nobodies back. Trust only yourself.

Also, why are lottery pools even allowed? Isn't this like some sort of gambling? I'm surprised offices allow for this.

laugh.gif

Dude missed out

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

People's true colors come out when it involves money. No one just sat back and said, this dude was with us from the beginning. Let's throw him something.

They couldve said, instead of getting this all complicated, a consolution of sorts would be good.

Did they not call him asking for his share every lottery night? Did he not call someone at work to arrange something.

Bottom line, no one has nobodies back. Trust only yourself.

Also, why are lottery pools even allowed? Isn't this like some sort of gambling? I'm surprised offices allow for this.

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

dude played for 8 years with them though..

its only 2mil out of 99mil id give it to him wouldnt even be an issue 

Agreed. I can see it from both sides but...
99/22 = 4.5 mil each
99/23 = 4.3 mil each

Is 200k really worth losing a friend?

Damn that's crazy....personally I do think they should just slide him what would've been his cut seeing as there's enough to split up between them, especially if that's really their friend.

If he was their friend, id throw him a million TOPS............id be pissed too, but i wouldnt ask for 2 million

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Originally Posted by Zyzz

wait he wants part of the winnings even though he didnt actually pay/play?

exactly.
This n_ hasn't paid for 3 months and now he expects to get some of it.....out of his damb mind.

Messed up, think they should give dude at least a portion, smaller than the rest. What I am wondering though is why does it seem like these "office pools" win the lottery? Seems like it is always a group of people or an old person.

If he did indeed play for 8 years and he was out on a back injury, then yes i would pay him his share.

Heck they can make that 2 million off interest in one month!

its not worth losing a friend.

All the money they paying for legal fees they should just cough up the money

The main thing is they won 99 million. Put it in a Stock or Cd for 1 month or even a bank and they can get a easy 2 million dollars just off interest in one month

Like the dude said above, people true colors come out when money is involved. Dude been playing faithfully for 8 years and missed 3 payments, come on.  I would throw him a million

I read about this when it first came out. I think the co-workers were going to throw some cash his way, but obviously getting a 'share' > > 'cash thrown his way'

If I was him, I'd sue, too. What's there to lose?

I don't see how a ruling would go his way, though. All the cliche sayings are true. Put up or shut up. You gotta pay to play. Etc

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

Everybody @ the job talkin' about retiring...and he sitting @ his desk mad as *$%!.

15mfku1.gif

There has never been better .gif execution than this. A++

People need to account for taxes, too.

Getting taxed on the jackpot, getting taxed giving dude money, and dude getting taxed money.

Can't just hand over hundreds of thousands.

Ok I did the math,

Each person is getting 4.5 million each roughly and thats with taxes not taking out of the 99 mil jackpot.

Now here is 2 things that can be done to benefit everyone.

1. Each person can donate $100,000 out of their jackpot. That would still leave them with 4.4 mil instead of 4.5 million. But the dude will get only 2.2 mil, more then enough to keep him happy. Big deal right.

2. To offset taxes, the dude who got left out should set up a charity. And everyone donate 100k. All the people who donated can save on taxes and use it as writeoff and dude will still get 2.2 million

People are so greedy its sicking to even think about it. These 2 above scenarios will benefit everyone and put a end to this.  100k to donate isnt nothing and only a nick of their winnings.

Originally Posted by franchise3

People need to account for taxes, too.

Getting taxed on the jackpot, getting taxed giving dude money, and dude getting taxed money.

Can't just hand over hundreds of thousands.
Man they can fork over 100k easily with the 2 ways i described above. If they pressed over 100k they can do it as a tax write off to his charity

Obviously the guy doesn't have any friends otherwise they would have covered him for the 3 months. We are talkin a whopping $60 bucks.

Dude should have just pre-paid since he knew he was going to be out. I doubt he'd pay the back fee's when he came back if they hadn't won.

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Everybody @ the job talkin' about retiring...and he sitting @ his desk mad as *$%!.

15mfku1.gif

There has never been better .gif execution than this. A++
I have never seen a .gif display emotion this perfectly. I almost shed a tear, it was that beautiful. A++

Everybody @ the job talkin' about retiring...and he sitting @ his desk mad as %%**.

15mfku1.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I don't know that I'd give him money unless he was one of my best friends, but I would've called him while he was out to ask if he wants in on the pool.  Suing the other co-workers though
30t6p3b.gif
, just take the L and keep it moving if they don't wanna throw you any money...

2 things

vacation =/= medical leave

he'll get paid, especially if the company has a practice of putting in for people that aren't in the office for the day of the lottery contribution.

i dunno...let's say they didn't win and then dude came back to work and started playing again...would he be paying them back for all the time he hadn't paid for due to not being there? i'm sure after 8 years of playing with him, they'd be able to answer that question. depending on the answer, i'd either pay him or i wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom