Man dies after punch by Burger King worker

DETROIT – Detroit police say a 20-year-old Burger King employee who was arguing with a customer punched the 67-year-old man, who fell and later died.

Police spokesman Yvette Walker says the older man was reportedly causing a disturbance Thursday afternoon at the restaurant on the city's east side, tried to hit the employee and the employee swung back. WJBK-TV reports police say the punch may have caused the elderly man to choke on his dentures.

The man died at a hospital. Walker says an autopsy will determine cause of death. Police say the employee was being held Friday and information would be submitted to prosecutors for review.

Burger King spokeswoman Denise Wilson said Friday that company officials were aware of the incident and the franchise owner was cooperating with police.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a..._burger_king_fatal_fight

Spoiler [+]
Guess he got it his way

DETROIT – Detroit police say a 20-year-old Burger King employee who was arguing with a customer punched the 67-year-old man, who fell and later died.

Police spokesman Yvette Walker says the older man was reportedly causing a disturbance Thursday afternoon at the restaurant on the city's east side, tried to hit the employee and the employee swung back. WJBK-TV reports police say the punch may have caused the elderly man to choke on his dentures.

The man died at a hospital. Walker says an autopsy will determine cause of death. Police say the employee was being held Friday and information would be submitted to prosecutors for review.

Burger King spokeswoman Denise Wilson said Friday that company officials were aware of the incident and the franchise owner was cooperating with police.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a..._burger_king_fatal_fight

Spoiler [+]
Guess he got it his way

laugh.gif
@ the spoiler

I didnt see this post

I can't help but LOL

sorry if conservative NTers want to crucify me

I didnt see this post

I can't help but LOL

sorry if conservative NTers want to crucify me

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i actually feel bad for the 20 yr old.
This.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

^ wouldnt it be self-defense tho :/

I mean damn even if I was defending myself from a 70 year old I wouldn't swing at him.
True, but we can't say this without knowing the situation. If the old dude was outta control and putting hands on people, then anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom