Man given heart of suicide victim marries donor's widow then kills himself in the exact same way.

From what the article says character changes in transplant recipients are known as cellular memory phenomenon.   There isn't enough research done though to back up these claims.

Last edited:
I've always wondered if people changed or become part of the other person due to them becoming one with that donated organ

A strong example of holism.

I remember reading articles about whether organs possess memory capabilities, and came across an article about a transplant recipient getting food cravings that the donor had
laugh.gif

Here's the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ient-gets-craving-food-eaten-organ-donor.html
that's crazy!

So what if a person receives someone's organs who was a murderer or some kind of sicko and the transplant recipient ends up committing the same kind of crime or crimes as the donor.  Do you think they would be able to use that in court as an excuse?      I don't think they would but it does raise a lot of questions.

hmmm, was she ever suspected in any of the suicides?

along with Graham and Cottle, she had another husband that also tried to kill himself
In  the midst of the court case, Cheryl married again. Husband number four was John  Johnson Junior an officer at the Georgia prison where Cheryl had been  working as a nurse.

Within a year, that marriage, too, began to crumble. In November, 2003, police were  called as the pair accused each other of domestic abuse.

They tried a reconciliation – but ended up struggling over a revolver after Cheryl had spoken of suicide. Then Mr Johnson said, she told police he’d tried to shoot  himself.

Mr Johnson said Cheryl was already wearing Mr  Graham’s ring when their divorce became final. Cheryl married Sonny in 2004.

Three years later Mr Graham, by  then 69, killed himself with a shotgun blast, again to the head.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sbands-suicide--transplanted-heart-other.html

Last edited:
Dude trolled her big time
I regret finding that funny.

On topic tho, it's not impossible for me to believe that people's bodies hold some pieces of their...essence, I suppose. The very concept is compelling as ****.

EDIT: "Consciousness" is the word I wanted. Damn.

Somebody made a good point in the comments on the article, they said our organs are linked to the same neural network that transmits the electrical impulses that are essentially all our consciousness really is, so why shouldn't some amount of "data" be embedded in our bodies after a while. Very interesting.

Last edited:
Dude trolled her big time
I regret finding that funny.

On topic tho, it's not impossible for me to believe that people's bodies hold some pieces of their...essence, I suppose. The very concept is compelling as ****.
I thought this was a good idea since I didn't believe things like this could happen, still don't know if I truly do

I guess it's still a lot of negatives with this already

This reminds me of the The Simpson's Halloween special where Homer got a hair transplant and the donor was Snake Jailbird.

hmmm, was she ever suspected in any of the suicides?
along with Graham and Cottle, she had another husband that also tried to kill himself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sbands-suicide--transplanted-heart-other.html
the article said something one man died broke leaving her nothing... Seeing that the last man was real old... I think it was all foul play
i'll bet once she got away with the first "suicide", she just repeated the same process in the 2nd one and used the idea that Graham took on some of the dead man's characteristics as cover.

Last edited:
A strong example of holism.

I remember reading articles about whether organs possess memory capabilities, and came across an article about a transplant recipient getting food cravings that the donor had :lol:

Here's the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ient-gets-craving-food-eaten-organ-donor.html

that's crazy!

So what if a person receives someone's organs who was a murderer or some kind of sicko and the transplant recipient ends up committing the same kind of crime or crimes as the donor.  Do you think they would be able to use that in court as an excuse?      I don't think they would but it does raise a lot of questions.

I don't believe there is enough empirical evidence to validate that claim, so no I don't think you can use that as a defense.

Dam my dad had a heart transplant less than a year ago. He has seemed slightly diffetent but I just thought it was the stress of the ordeal and the medication. I'm gonna have to ask him if he feels different

Back
Top Bottom