Man gives away Coat with $13,000 in the pockets

There is a good chance that old dude is playing everybody. Now that the story breaks, people are gonna sympathize with dude, and then the donations will come flying in.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

damn i am dissapoint...

i was hoping that this would be a feel good story about a guy who intentionally put the money there without telling... story almost made my day.

btw: i am trying to set up a shoe drive with a website im working on. when i get deeper into the plan, ill let the nt fam know. every single item/dollar in this idea will be donated. just tryna help the community.

i already put aside a bunch of kicks i dont really rock and plan on passin them out to homeless dudes around the city. might throw in some jackets if i can find some too.

NTers in houston are more than welcome to join in. ****t, nters everywhere can help out in their cities.

Reported for last sentence.Just kidding. But this sounds like a good idea.However I can just see some scum @#! dudes robbing homeless people for their shoes if you're giving away heat.

Originally Posted by feb171963

"The man's daughter, who says he is remaining anonymous because he is "devastated and embarrassed" by the story, is offering a $1,000 reward for the suit's new owner to return the cash."

So they want the person to give up $13,000 for a $1,000 award??... HAAAAA that wont happen!!!

Seriously... $1000 reward for $13000? Is she out of her mind? What kind of logic is that?

Could be a ploy to try and get help with his wifes cancer from charities. Not trying to discredit the guy and I feel bad for his situation, but how are you not going to be realize there is 13k in a jacket?

Originally Posted by scshift

"The man's daughter, who says he is remaining anonymous because he is "devastated and embarrassed" by the story, is offering a $1,000 reward for the suit's new owner to return the cash."

So they want the person to give up $13,000 for a $1,000 award??... HAAAAA that wont happen!!!

Seriously... $1000 reward for $13000? Is she out of her mind? What kind of logic is that?
Yea but what are they gonna offer? 14k?

This man is 80 years of age and only had 13k worth of LIFE savings? Damn, B that's rough. Where did he work at, Venice Beach?
grin.gif

* Going to Goodwill tomorrow to check pockets on all clothing items.. *

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

They shouldn't offer anything.

Someone who wanted to keep the money wouldn't give it back no matter what the reward (assuming the reward was lower than $13k, which it has to be), and someone who didn't want the money wouldn't accept any money.

No one wants to be THAT dude who claims the $5k reward for returning $13k. I'd feel stupid even walking up to the guy who lost the coat with that in mind.

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

$15K and a hug.

Reminds me of the story about the women who bought her mother a new mattress and threw away a mattress that had nearly $1 million inside.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Could be a ploy to try and get help with his wifes cancer from charities. Not trying to discredit the guy and I feel bad for his situation, but how are you not going to be realize there is 13k in a jacket?
I mean he is old. Maybe has memory problems. But still
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Who forgets they have 13,000 in their jacket? I remember when I have 11 cents in my pocket.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

This man is 80 years of age and only had 13k worth of LIFE savings? Damn, B that's rough. Where did he work at, Venice Beach?
grin.gif

Thats what Im saying. Dude mustve been homeless or something since he was 70

Cant blame him for not trusting banks since he was around during the great depression. I got my money in the bank but dont trust them.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

tell me how he didnt notice a brick of $$ in the suit jacket tho
30t6p3b.gif

o well i assume the money went to sumone who coulds use it jus as much as him... sad as it sounds his wifes a goner

imagine some poor soul down to their last buck... goes to cop suit for job interview n to go get thier life together from Salvation Army... gets home only to realize he came on up on 13 racks...
pimp.gif
happy.gif
I like the way you think

If they start a fund I would donate. I dont see any links on yahoo though.

Back
Top Bottom