Man I wish Nike signed AI

For his whole career. Nike would've done him so much better in the marketing/shoe designs/apparel. Shame
smh.gif

i agree. they really dont even advertise anything of his anymore, most of his shoes have been ugly, and all of the apparel that reebok was putting out tocompliment the shoes is nowhere to be found nowadays.

The odds that if he'd signed to Nike he would've had some rather more memorable signature shoes.

If Nike would've continued an Iverson signature series for as long as Reebok , i'm not so sure about however.

They probably thought of it, but MJ probably forbade it after he got his ankles broken that one time...

don't even get me started on this subject
mad.gif
, even though the first fewshoes he had were hot

Rbk did a great job with AI back in the day. Its just today that people don't buy sneakers like they used to and AI's popularity has gone down.

Jordan wanted to sign him, they had a whole line set up for him

but he decided to sign with Reebok.

Since the adidas acquisition...seems like you dont hear to much about Reebok Basketball. Reebok had the NBA...Adidas pulled a jack move on that...And I haventseen one Commercial or even an add in the magazine from Reebok...aside from what Ive seen online in the blogs and here Kinda like Adidas is trying to shutReebok out when Reebok has a WAY more stronger Basketball heritage than Adidas. whats up with that?

Rbk did a great job with AI back in the day. Its just today that people don't buy sneakers like they used to and AI's popularity has gone down.

Cosign...

I thought he only signed with Reebok for the $$$ they gave him, and that he supposedly put that $$$ towards the support of his sister who was sick...
(or something to that nature)...
nerd.gif

AI's sig shoes back in the day was the deal!!

Nike prop would of took care of him throught out the long run.

As of now the shoes RBK are doing for him now are alley decorations!

Jordan wanted to sign him, they had a whole line set up for him

but he decided to sign with Reebok.

Serious?

Damn.. AI would've been tight with black/red XIs in Philly. And his kicks would be dope with Denver same with Melo..

But hey, what can you say - having a signature shoe in your rookie season aint too bad.

Nike had his contract ready. But AI decided to go with Reebok because it was different and wanted his own legacy.

Reebok has a longer RUNNING legacy, but they didn't enter basketball until the mid 80's.
p1.dj.getty.jpg

Iverson has a LIFETIME contract with Reebok. Their basketball category is weak, but showing signs of life.

I wonder what sort of style or models they would have developed for Iverson. Reebok has maintained a very gaudy, urban, and rugged street style for the Answerseries aside from a few models. I wonder if Nike would have taken that direction or kept it classic but classy. The Answer series has died out, and peakedabout the Answer III-VI era, reaching a huge point with the IVs, never made it back since

Nike should sign a few people, but they wont, too much money would be lost if other sponsors let the big names go. hopefully AI does come to nike though, iwould like to see what kind of stuff they can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom