man shot over denim brons vol.....strapped sneakerheads

video

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/cops-man-fatally-shot-attempting-to-rob-group/nYR7p/

LeBron James’ new sneakers are absolutely killer. Literally.
Atlanta police said a man was shot and killed in Little Five Points early Saturday morning after he tried to rob a group of people waiting in line to buy the new, $180 sneakers, the Nike LeBron X EXT, which were released today.
One man in the line pulled out a gun and shot the would-be robber, witnesses told police, who have charged no one and consider the shooting to be self-defense.
The shooter then got back in line, according to Channel 2 Action News.
“He really stood up for all of us,” Taylor White told Channel 2. He said he was in line when the shooting happened. “I salute the homie that did that.”
Channel 2 reported that a parking lot attendant had warned customers that a man had been attempting to pick-pocket people in the area during the past week.
That warning apparently did not dim desire for the LeBron X EXT.
Sneakers inspired by basketball players have long held a potent allure for fans, and the LeBron X EXT clearly fits that mold.
It doesn’t hurt that James’ team, the Miami Heat, won the National Basketball Association championship Thursday night. James was his superstar self that night, scoring 37 points and pulling down 12 rebounds as the Heat beat the San Antonio Spurs in the winner-take-all Game 7 of a best-of-seven series.
Several of those lining up outside Wish, the clothing and shoe store on Moreland Avenue where Saturday’s shooting took place, wore Heat paraphernalia.
Getting one of the coveted sneakers meant getting to Wish early. Police responded to the shooting at 5:30 a.m. — six and half hours before Wish opened.
By 11:30 a.m., a line 45 people long stretched from Wish’s door down to the sidewalk and almost halfway up the next block.
Some brought chairs to make their wait more comfortable, but police tossed them aside and made the sneaker-hungry customers stand in a single-file line instead of clustering around the store’s entrance. A few, concerned that they would lose their place and miss their chance to get the sneakers, briefly attempted to resist the police’s entreaties that they form a single-file line.
“It ain’t that serious,” one woman said as she looked at fellow customers trying to stay as close to the store’s entrance as possible. But that woman wasn’t giving up her spot in line, either.
Many in line were aware of the shooting that took place a few hours earlier, but they were still answering the sneakers’ siren call.
“Sounds like he brought it on himself,” a man who would not give his name said of the shooting victim.
What makes the LeBron X EXT so special?
“It’s the leather and the denim,” the man said. “It’s basically a pair of pants on your foot.” He wore an unusual pair of Addidas sneakers with a furry, leopard-like print.
Someone in line called out that Wish would only have 22 pairs for sale, an unconfirmed announcement that brought groans from those waiting in the sun.
“They’ve gotta have more than that!” said a young man in a Heat hat and black sneakers that bore the team colors near the toe.
“Everyone wants them because their exclusives,” said Leslie Garcia, adding that she planned to buy a pair for her 5-year old son, D.J.
Exclusives, Garcia explained, means that only a few locations in Atlanta will be allowed to carry the coveted sneaker.
D.J. got antsy as his mother and father, Dan Garcia, discussed the fine points of sneaker lust.
“I’m going to treat myself,” Dan Garcia said. “I haven’t bought shoes in a long time.”
The Garcias are Heat fans who moved to Atlanta from Miami five years ago.
They also had heard about the shooting.
“He was probably just minding his business,” Dan Garcia said of the shooter.
“He was probably after that shoe money,” Leslie Garcia said of the man who was shot.
Wish sold its supply of the Nike LeBron X EXT in less than two hours.
The police, meanwhile, said their investigation of the shooting continues.

Last edited:
eh i woulda shot the guy for wearing them brons anyway 
laugh.gif

Lol what? This kat got outta line blasted a would be robber and got back in line?

Lmao, thats wild and cops did good not charging him.

Last edited:
I mean ****...

He thought it was sweet

It wasn't sweet man

**** around got shot yo

I mean ****...

He thought it was sweet

It wasn't sweet man

**** around got shot yo

The fact that people went back in line after dude got killed says a lot about them as individuals and how people in general have become desensitized to stuff like this.

Well I would continue my business as well. Why would I show compassion to someone who was robbing people in line after he was shot.

I'm not talking about the business owners. They should have shut down for the day but that's another discussion. Someone gets killed in front of you and all you're thinking about is shoes? Sneaker dudes are weirdos.

Smh they knew dudes had money... U know they don't sell these shoes at retail, I use to work for a shoe store and every hyped release well profit $100 off each shoe easily... So imagine a stock room full of maybe 50-100 pairs

Back
Top Bottom