Man trades in $1.6 Million Bugatti Veyron for a Corvette ZR1...

I mean you really think the guy ridin Bugatti is trippin off value differential lost?

chalk it up to a WIN in da american muscle car column 
pimp.gif

No matter what your financial status, there's a thing called value that always will be the most important when it comes to purchases.

Kind of dumb on his part but i'd rather have the Vette than that hideous looking Veyron. That thing is ugly as hell. Should be faster than it is too, they claim it to be an engineering marvel yet with 16 cylinders and 4 turbos can only hit 250 mph. Granted i would never go that fast but thats not the point. Top speed world record holder the ssc ultimate aero has half the cylinders and half the turbos and beats it. 

So the owner of a Veyron should never get rid of it?

A lot of youa re looking at it in the wrong way. He did not trade in the Veyron for a ZR1 and cash. He traded it in for cash and a ZR1.

The guy isn't a dummy if he could afford a Veyron. He got a least 80c on the dollar for it.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

for an unabashedly American Corvette ZR1 and some cash. Since a new Veyron lists for about $1.6 million and a used one still costs in the range of $1.4 to $3.6 million depending on condition, trim, and rarity, the dealership told us they wouldn't accept the trade-in until they lined up a buyer, which they did.

The "cash" was so much they had to secure a buyer in order to do the trade in...

This is good press for the dealership but you're bugging if you think they got a Veyron for the price of a ZR1...

I understand the performance side of how dope the Bugatti is, but looks and design wise the car is ugly. I honestly think its not a bad trade, the Vett ZR1 is a monster too.

My statement might be a lil baised bc im a die hard Chevy fan.

Chevy > * .

If you can afford a Veyron why would you even need to trade in for a ZR1? What's another 100k to somebody driving a Buggatti?

dont understand why he didnt just buy a zr1, guess he really dont want the veyron no mo

before clicking, i noticed Cam created the post, and I figured the car owner traded for a vette with 32" flamboyantly colored rims
laugh.gif

considering the price differentials, i'm sure the guy traded for a vette and a milli (pocket change)

who wants to drive a car that looks like that though. i mean yeah it's a dope car,

but when im tryin to just drive to the grocery store or work, i dont need a friggin' race car

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

If you can afford a Veyron why would you even need to trade in for a ZR1? What's another 100k to somebody driving a Buggatti?
Because that $100k you're talking about what probably $1,000,000 plus. There's no way he got less that that on top of the ZR1 to trade in the Buggati for it.

This is great pub for the dealership and gives this baller another sweet toy. Props to him for putting 20k miles on that Veyron. I bet 99% of them are garage queens that are driven less than 1000 miles per year.

Do you guy's not understand how much it costs for upkeep on a Veyron? This dude made a smart move.
[h2][/h2]
[h2]Bugatti Veyron operating costs so expensive, it's cheaper to use a private jet?[/h2]There are frightening bills, horrific bills, and Bugatti Veyronbills. The legendarily expensive to buy, it seems that the Veyron isequally expensive to keep running, with some pegging yearly running costs at $300,000. It's so expensive, in fact, that Autocar says there's an owner who trailers his car to a particular driving route, then follows behind in a private jet.

Let's just take the tires, for example: in the U.S., the Michelin PilotSport 2s fashioned with the Veyron's unique compound cost about$30,000; in the UK they're £23,500 ($38,216 U.S.). Bugatti recommendsyou change them every 4,000 kilometers, or 2,500 miles, and at everyten thousand miles the company recommends changing the wheels and tires, which runs north of $50,000.

In between those wheel changes will be things like routine maintenance,with a major annual service setting you back about $20,000. None ofthis is particularly unexpected so long as you remember the Veyron ismore a roadgoing Space Shuttle than a car. And we won't even begin totalk about how expensive pelican insurance has become...

Back
Top Bottom