Man trades in $1.6 Million Bugatti Veyron for a Corvette ZR1...

Now, I've TRULY seen it all...

[url=http://jalopnik.com/5478312/bugatti-...otos/gallery/5]http://jalopnik.com/54783...ugatti-...otos/gallery/5[/url]

500x_bugatti_veyron_trade-in.jpg

A Texas Chevy dealer just accepted the trade-in of a red-on-black $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron for a $100,000 Corvette ZR1. We knew the fiercest of all 'Vettes was a world-beater, but this is ridiculous! Exclusive photos, details below.

All-American Chevrolet of Midland, Texas just made the mother-of-all-trades when it accepted a Euro-bombing 2008 Bugatti Veyron with just 20,307 miles for an unabashedly American Corvette ZR1 and some cash. Since a new Veyron lists for about $1.6 million and a used one still costs in the range of $1.4 to $3.6 million depending on condition, trim, and rarity, the dealership told us they wouldn't accept the trade-in until they lined up a buyer, which they did. A new Corvette ZR1, by comparison, starts at around $107,000.

And while the Corvette ZR1 only does 0-to-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds with a top speed of 205 MPH, compared to a 253 MPH top speed and 2.4-second 0-to-60 time, it doesn't cost more to run the ZR1 than to operate a private jet. Chalk that up in the win column because it certainly does with the Bugatti. Also, the Bugatti doesn't have the righteousness of an American-built supercar.

Suck it, Europe!

500x_bugatti_midland_5_01.jpg

500x_bugatti_midland_3_01.jpg

500x_bugatti_midland_6_01.jpg

500x_bugatti_midland_7_01.jpg

dam cam where you been? its been a while since youve been on.. anways. *## was that guy thinking!

I'm a big Domstic fan..prolly more than anything but...

that guy is an idiot. If he got the dough to buy a Veyron, a ZR1 is chump change. He should have got both.

What the **** was this guy thinking about?!?!
If I worked there I would have laughed in his face so hard!
He needs to be Epic Beard Man'd for that!

If they really just gave him some "cash" plus the car, meaning like 50k....and I was the sales manager, I would of bought it ASAP.

From a monetary standpoint, that's stupid. But I guess if you had enough to buy the Veyron in the first place, money doesn't matter.

UPDATE: The Bugatti traded in belonged to Carlton Beal, Jr., who runs a petroleum company in Midland Texas. He's previously owned a Lamborghini Diablo and McLaren F1 but, despite this, a friend of his describes him as an "amazing down-to-earth person." We'd imagine if you've sampled a Veyron, Diablo and F1 you'd be interested in also trying an American-made car that can compete with them.

pimp.gif
 Dude is a baller.

Back
Top Bottom