Manny rejects LA's 2 year/$45M deal

laugh.gif
this is great

i hope he gets Sprewell'd

Reject the deal then never get another offer again from any team

The Los Angeles Dodgers received a letter from Manny Ramirez's agent Scott Boras on Thursday, rejecting the offer the club made Wednesday.

The Dodgers offered the free-agent slugger a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. The rejection is the fourth in the club's attempts to sign Ramirez.

"We love Manny Ramirez," Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. "And we want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves. When his agent finds those 'serious offers' from other clubs, we'll be happy to restart the negotiations.

"Even with an economy that has substantially eroded since last November, out of respect for Manny and his talents, we actually improved our offer.

"So now, we start from scratch."

The Dodgers open the regular season April 6 at San Diego.

Ramirez hit .396 with 17 home runs and 53 RBIs in 53 games with the Dodgers last season while leading them to the NL West title after he was acquired from Boston at the July 31 trade deadline.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

BASEBALL

[h1]Scott Boras rejects Dodgers' latest offer to Manny Ramirez[/h1]

Alex Gallardo / Los Angeles Times

45296824.jpg

Manny Ramirez's agent, Scott Boras, has rejected the latest two-year deal from the Dodgers.

'Now we start from scratch,' Frank McCourt says after star outfielder's agent declines the two-year, $45-million offer.

Associated Press
9:05 PM PST, February 26, 2009

Manny Ramirez has rejected yet another offer from the Dodgers.

The Dodgers announced Thursday night the star outfielder's agent Scott Boras had declined the two-year, $45-million offer -- the club's fourth this off-season.

"We want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves," Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. "When his agent finds those 'serious offers' from other clubs, we'll be happy to restart the negotiations."

General manager Ned Colletti and McCourt met Wednesday in Los Angeles with Boras and offered the free-agent slugger a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010.

The offer is similar to the two-year, $45-million deal with a buyout or club option that the Dodgers put on the table in November. Ramirez refused the offer and the Dodgers withdrew their proposal. The team came back with a one-year, $25 million offer, but Ramirez turned that down as well.

Even with an economy that has substantially eroded since last November, out of respect for Manny and his talents, we actually improved our offer," McCourt said.

"So now, we start from scratch."

Colletti said there was not necessarily a hard deadline, and that Ramirez was not yet needed in spring training.

"With the season starting a week later, it's a little bit more flexible than it might have been a year ago," Colletti said.

The Dodgers open the regular season April 6 at San Diego.

Ramirez hit .396 with 17 home runs and 53 RBIs in 53 games with the Dodgers last season while leading them to the NL West title after he was acquired from Boston at the July 31 trade deadline.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-ramirez-dodgers27-2009feb27,0,2453699.story

I wonder what Scott Boras is really trying to get for Manny. I mean this last deal was far better than the previous two offers. This man had a lot moreguaranteed money one his way but the deal was rejected?! Cmon now....

Maybe he DOES want to play in SF. Haha.

Manny needs to dump Bor-%$$.

As a matter of fact, everyone not named Alex Rodriguez needs to get together and realize they need to dump him.

he's stupid... but so are the dodgers for getting rejected on their offer every time.. guess it shows, that when you're good you can say and do whatever you want

he's stupid... but so are the dodgers for getting rejected on their offer every time.. guess it shows, that when you're good you can say and do whatever you want

time for the giants to swoop in. i'm sorry, but i just don't think travis ishikawa can fill that power hitting need,

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

he's stupid... but so are the dodgers for getting rejected on their offer every time.. guess it shows, that when you're good you can say and do what ever you want

he's stupid... but so are the dodgers for getting rejected on their offer every time.. guess it shows, that when you're good you can say and do what ever you want
how are the dodgers stupid? because they wont give him that 100 million contract?

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

how are the dodgers stupid? because they wont give him that 100 million contract?

exactly...the Dodgers are smart for not giving him the $100M he wants.

He has to know by now no one is going 3 or 4 years , this deal was a easy 45 mil then hit the market again . Unless he think he wont be able to command 20milplus a year in another 2 years

I don't follow baseball that much, but wasn't the Dodgers damn near about to make the World Series last year?

What the hell is the problem? Why doesn't he want to play for them?

I cant stand the Dodgers, being a Giants fan. But I hope they don't give in to his greed. I can understand a player
staying firm on what he wants, but Manny doesn't care about anybody but himself.

Back
Top Bottom