nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

maybe...
roll.gif

but im pretty sure he just wants that 100 million contract.. if the dodger offered him the first time .. he would be in a dodger uniform right now..
any team that gives him that 100 million contract will win the manny sweepstakes ..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

The Los Angeles Dodgers received a letter from Manny Ramirez's agent Scott Boras on Thursday, rejecting the offer the club made Wednesday.

The Dodgers offered the free-agent slugger a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. The rejection is the fourth in the club's attempts to sign Ramirez.

"We love Manny Ramirez," Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. "And we want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves. When his agent finds those 'serious offers' from other clubs, we'll be happy to restart the negotiations.

"Even with an economy that has substantially eroded since last November, out of respect for Manny and his talents, we actually improved our offer.

"So now, we start from scratch."

The Dodgers open the regular season April 6 at San Diego.

Ramirez hit .396 with 17 home runs and 53 RBIs in 53 games with the Dodgers last season while leading them to the NL West title after he was acquired from Boston at the July 31 trade deadline.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ShotsFiredCvr.jpg

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I don't follow baseball that much, but wasn't the Dodgers damn near about to make the World Series last year?

What the hell is the problem? Why doesn't he want to play for them?
the dodgers made the playoffs because of Manny, but were quickly eliminated. your last 2 questions are my questions as well

I don't follow baseball that much, but wasn't the Dodgers damn near about to make the World Series last year?

na the phillies spanked them 4-1 in the nlcs. i was at all 3 games at dodger stadium. once the dodgers blew their 2 run lead they had in 7th or 8th inningin game 4 that stadium was quiet the rest of the series and game 5 tickets were going for real cheap on craigslist.

some of the things that are being said in here are
laugh.gif

manny and borass have came out and said he wants a 4yr+ $100M contract, and theyre not agreeing to anything till a team budges.

the thing is, why should the dodgers offer such a lengthy and heavily $$$ contract if the market isnt calling for it? why bid against themselves? yeah teamsare tryna lurk, but no one can match $25 yr, if someone can do it.

manny is smart, he knows the market in los angeles can pretty much pay the mccourt all his money back so manny wants to get paid.

you cant really knock his hustle, cause theres no one else you'd want a bat in their hands with the game on the line.

there's still plenty of the time to negotiate, both sides need to put their egos aside, negotiate like men and get this done. keep in mind this is the yearof baseball bargains (with the exception of the yankees overpaying for everyon and the giants jumping the gun on renteria). players like krod, hudson, dunn,abreu have gone at bargain prices - but with manny in his mind there shouldnt be a bargain, he wants $$$

Breaking news: Manny Ramirez accepts minor league deal with the Cleveland Indians, The Plain Dealer reports.

"I luh Cleeflan, main," said Ramirez.

No one loves Cleveland Kiddin........well..........no one other than outtacontrol.

if manny gets more than $50M, barack should hire scott boras to fix the economy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

the dodgers made the playoffs because of Manny, but were quickly eliminated. your last 2 questions are my questions as well
Quickly? I guess if quickly mean after sweeping the team with the most wins in the National League.

idk what hes thinking right now
"I'm one of the greatest hitters ever. I can play for at least five more years productively. I can take a team to the playoffs on myown."

Something along those lines.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Quickly? I guess if quickly mean after sweeping the team with the most wins in the National League.
I appreciate the jab at my Cubs.....where the hell was your team last year?? Although, I do agree the Cubs getting swept was more pathetic thanthe Gigantes.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I appreciate the jab at my Cubs.....where the hell was your team last year?? Although, I do agree the Cubs getting swept was more pathetic than the Gigantes.
That was in no way a jab at the Cubs. It was a jab at that guys' knowledge about what happened in baseball last year. Damn, people are alwaysso quick to be defensive about their teams
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom