Map Shows Salary Needed to Afford Average Priced Home in United States

i love it out there man, I’m sure I could find a good job with all the construction it’s just so damn expensive.
Lots of great paying construction jobs fam. You can even setup your own construction gig and there are tons of folks looking to remodel with not enough people to do it.

Lots of great paying construction jobs fam. You can even setup your own construction gig and there are tons of folks looking to remodel with not enough people to do it.

i’m in the paving department. I just move big Machines all over. I’m sure I could find that too.
402D9951-1DF9-4E4D-9D16-9F58C0F7CA14.jpeg

i’m in the paving department. I just move big Machines all over. I’m sure I could find that too.
402D9951-1DF9-4E4D-9D16-9F58C0F7CA14.jpeg

We are in the middle of the huge I-70 construction project that will take years. Lots of heavy machines moving from place to place.

We are in the middle of the huge I-70 construction project that will take years. Lots of heavy machines moving from place to place.

yep, that’s what I do big commercial and government paving jobs. :pimp:

if the plans change I’ll have to take a harder look at Colorado as well.

Hawaii :wow:

That's ridiculous.
It’s well known Hawaii is pretty unaffordable. Also, Massachusetts price is driven up by the islands like Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket where damn near every home is a million and up.

Man, alotta you don't seem to understand the concept of average. This isn't the median cost.

As for Montana, you probably have to factor just how sparsely populated it is. There might not be more than 50 home purchases in the entire state in a year, so that number may be skewed by just a handful of expensive purchases.

Man, alotta you don't seem to understand the concept of average. This isn't the median cost.

As for Montana, you probably have to factor just how sparsely populated it is. There might not be more than 50 home purchases in the entire state in a year, so that number may be skewed by just a handful of expensive purchases.

This is the only reason that makes sense so far. I bet there are only a handful of homes sold, many of which come with a significant amount of land. Everyone else has been living in the same house forever.

Low interest rates + influx of Californians + AZ’s non-existent COVID restrictions = the craziest housing market the Phoenix metro area has seen in my lifetime.

The western suburbs of PHX (Glendale/Peoria/Avondale) have always been a place where families can get housing in safe neighborhoods for affordable prices. Since the pandemic started, that’s just not the case anymore. Houses are going for well above the asking price, mostly by cash investors and out of state transplants.

Low interest rates + influx of Californians + AZ’s non-existent COVID restrictions = the craziest housing market the Phoenix metro area has seen in my lifetime.

The western suburbs of PHX (Glendale/Peoria/Avondale) have always been a place where families can get housing in safe neighborhoods for affordable prices. Since the pandemic started, that’s just not the case anymore. Houses are going for well above the asking price, mostly by cash investors and out of state transplants.

sounds like TX and Houston.

yeah they were saying ppl were going to leave Caulifornia & move to Texas for the longest, 2009 I heard a lot of that. long time ago but not really.

Telluride is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Love that town. It use to be only locals and the super famous elite (Costner, Oprah and Cruise) knew about it. Cruise, put his property for sale for $35million and it sold in a day. Seven years ago he tried off loading and couldn’t find a buyer. That’s a great example of how popular CO has become.
And Kia named a car after it :lol:

Another thing about Austin-area houses is that they're selling way more than asking price because of this small boom and shortage on houses. They're going for 50k to 125k MORE than what's listed.

Texas has been getting more Cali transplants than anyone here recently and it's not even that close.

I feel like I'm working in California at my job sometimes, and I'm not even in a hot area to move to :lol:

Snow end of may 🥴

U gotta plug me how to get into the field...

you gotta call the union hall. Look up your local operators union and ask if they have any lowboy drivers openings anywhere.

I’m the only one with experience in equipment whos a lowboy driver at my job. The other 3 used to all drive over the road. Places will train you dude. It’s nothing to move a machine onto a trailer driving a truck is the hard part and you can already do that.

call the union hall and start there, free bennies and all that and good pay.

if you can’t get in a union place just call any company you know that has equipment to move.

look up paving and excavation companies, they all got stuff to move.

people don’t want to drive lowboy because they’re scared to haul oversized but bro, once you get used to it it’s the same as anything else. You’ll still be rolling 10 over in the hammer lane. :lol:

You just need to ask around, my boy with no experience called the hall and was training two days later. You can drive a truck, that’s all you need.

This is the only reason that makes sense so far. I bet there are only a handful of homes sold, many of which come with a significant amount of land. Everyone else has been living in the same house forever.

Lol 50? So what y’all think only few thousand people live up here?

It’s prob at least 50 month at this point. I asked my wife to guess how many homes they’ve insured in the last year (brand new or folks moving to a diff place) for her office alone

just her office guesstimate is 200

you gotta call the union hall. Look up your local operators union and ask if they have any lowboy drivers openings anywhere.

I’m the only one with experience in equipment whos a lowboy driver at my job. The other 3 used to all drive over the road. Places will train you dude. It’s nothing to move a machine onto a trailer driving a truck is the hard part and you can already do that.

call the union hall and start there, free bennies and all that and good pay.

if you can’t get in a union place just call any company you know that has equipment to move.

look up paving and excavation companies, they all got stuff to move.

people don’t want to drive lowboy because they’re scared to haul oversized but bro, once you get used to it it’s the same as anything else. You’ll still be rolling 10 over in the hammer lane. :lol:

You just need to ask around, my boy with no experience called the hall and was training two days later. You can drive a truck, that’s all you need.
Will do

Back
Top Bottom