March Wrestling Thread/April Thread will be up on the second /WM Week

Hideo’s not trash, he just had his entire move set lifted by two other more appealing dudes, basically rendering him nothing special
You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song.

So now he's just a small man without a distinguishable look. Sounds good.

All that spazzing and finger gang signs does nothin for me. I know people think i just hate naka just to hate. I want him to succeed. I just dont think he gets how to entertain a american crowd yet.

My bias aside, he is slowly starting to get it. He dialed back the craziness a bit and isn't talking as much now. They finally starting to realize that Nak doesn't need to spazz like an idiot all the time to be charismatic.

But as previously said, the WWE Title match will definitely be make or break for him. I honestly hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Also bring back the damn red font for his tron.

You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song.

So now he's just a small man without a distinguishable look. Sounds good.

Can’t argue with this. His Raw debut where he ran down to the ring with his belly shaking and looking like a loser did him no favors

My bias aside, he is slowly starting to get it. He dialed back the craziness a bit and isn't talking as much now. They finally starting to realize that Nak doesn't need to spazz like an idiot all the time to be charismatic.

But as previously said, the WWE Title match will definitely be make or break for him. I honestly hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Also if he ain't coming out to something as epic sounding as this, imma smack Vince:

S H I N S U K E
N A K A M U R A

tumblr_p3aonyLR6n1ub8y6bo1_500.gif
the whole wacky inflatable arm flailing tube man thing is whatever, but how do you **** up something this simple and good?

S H I N S U K E
N A K A M U R A

tumblr_p3aonyLR6n1ub8y6bo1_500.gif
the whole wacky inflatable arm flailing tube man thing is whatever, but how do you **** up something this simple and good?

Exactly! It was flames man. His entrance in that gif especially.

It was.
It had 2 pretty significant botches but the storytelling was incredible.

I dont understand how a match can be riddled with botches and still be given a perfect score bc of 'storytelling'

There are countless movies that have GREAT stories/plot but who's execution of the film is poorly done.

They dont get perfect scores.

Just stupid logic

Exactly! It was flames man. His entrance in that gif especially.

Things like the yellow font make me wonder sometimes exactly what's going through Vince/creative team's mind/s..It makes zero sense to change the color on his name to a color that isn't remotely associated with him..Like, what is the logic behind that decision?..

I dont understand how a match can be riddled with botches and still be given a perfect score bc of 'storytelling'

There are countless movies that have GREAT stories/plot but who's execution of the film is poorly done.

Just stupid logic

I've seen great matches that have botches but yet don't take anything away from the match..Kinda like if someone botches a springboard but it can be played off because the guy's opponent did damage to the leg earlier in the match..But the GL/YB's match had botches you couldn't explain away as part of the match/story..

I really didn't like how Matt has been selling the injured lower back for weeks, but yet he's the one who they have kick out of a pin attempt after approx. 30 minutes of actions..To me that didn't make sense..

And I, personally, think the match went about 5-7 minutes too long..Now having said all that I still say that's the best tag team match of the year and it'll be damn near impossible to top..They told an excellent old school story with modern day moves..Absolutely loved that..If we're giving out stars based on a 5 star scale, I'd give it a 4.25..

Case Case

Which STWW episode are you on?

I'm on HBK 94/95..Only 4 more episodes and I'll have listened to them all..Once I get caught up I'm going to start listening to random episodes of Tony Schiavone's show..Since, from what I understand, it's a show you need to listen to while you watch a show/ppv it'll take longer to get through and I'll be more selective..

Did you hear that Conrad is going to have a new show with Eric Bischoff?..It's called, I think, 83 Weeks..Which I'm assuming the name is about how many weeks the beat Raw in the ratings..

I'm on HBK 94/95..Only 4 more episodes and I'll have listened to them all..Once I get caught up I'm going to start listening to random episodes of Tony Schiavone's show..Since, from what I understand, it's a show you need to listen to while you watch a show/ppv it'll take longer to get through and I'll be more selective..

Did you hear that Conrad is going to have a new show with Eric Bischoff?..It's called, I think, 83 Weeks..Which I'm assuming the name is about how many weeks the beat Raw in the ratings..

Oh yea? I will check that show out.

I am on the draft episode. Almost done . Bruce in the first hour was :lol: :wow:

Things like the yellow font make me wonder sometimes exactly what's going through Vince/creative team's mind/s..It makes zero sense to change the color on his name to a color that isn't remotely associated with him..Like, what is the logic behind that decision?..

Don't understand it either. It's one of those prime examples of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Just finished the match. Really enjoyed. Contrasting styles were interesting to watch. There is still a lot of suspension of disbelief when it comes to ZSJ style against bigger guys like Okada, but whatever.

Had no problem with Okada's rainmaker looking weak after getting his arm/shoulder worked on all match.
Man Okada is TALL. You act like he is carrying any type of weight forreal. I don't get you in this case

The main reason nobody watches 205 is the time slot, and we really don’t need an entire separate show for cruiserweights in 2018. Y’all love to say they’re handcuffed but you never watch the show. Last weeks fatal 4 way was excellent but how many checked it out? I guess uncle Dave gotta co-sign.

Agree 100%, he was an average wrestler.

@moneymachine85 talking facts about Rocky :smokin

Just stupid logic
Tell me about IT I have worked on a few movies like that.

Just stupid logic

I think Botches make matches actually more realistic. Ain't no such thing as a "pretty" fight. Might be pretty moves, but matches are supposed to be contests.

Key matches for NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tour announced

Road to Wrestling Dontaku (April 23)

• Six Man Tag Team Match: Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & EVIL vs. Minoru Suzuki & Killer Elite Squad
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
Road to Wrestling Dontaku (April 24)

• Six Man Tag Team Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Gedo
  • IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Match: Jay White (c) vs. David Finlay
Road to Wrestling Dontaku (April 27)

• Special Tag Team Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & KUSHIDA vs. Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay
  • NEVER Openweight Championship: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Juice Robinson
Wrestling Hinokuni 2018 (April 29)

• Singles Match: BUSHI vs. El Desperado
  • Singles Match: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
  • IWGP Tag Team Championship: SANADA & EVIL (c) vs. Killer Elite Squad
  • IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Wrestling Dontaku 2018 Day 1 (May 3)

• NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship: Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny (c) vs. The Young Bucks & Marty Scurll
  • Singles Match: Kota Ibushi vs. Cody
  • Singles Match: Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page
Wrestling Dontaku 2018 Day 2 (May 4)

• Bullet Club vs. Bullet Club 10-Man: Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Cody, Hangman Page, Marty Scurll & The Young Bucks
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay (c) vs. KUSHIDA
  • IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Back
Top Bottom