March's JB News - add missing Team Jordan shoes pics!

werd... |I
tired.gif

Thanks Meth
It was all a DREAM ...

lol @ the post ^^^

If you collect jordans you collect them because of the shoe not because they are only available online.

How is this any different from a shoe that was a footcation exclusive and then retroed out a few months later? If you like the shoe then buy it. Too many collectors these days buy thing only cause other people can't get them. If you offered me a pair of Paris dunks @ retail I would never have bought them. I consider them hideous. However you will find NTer's swear on their grave it is their holy grail not because they like it but because it is so hard to get.

Just like Jordan Brand said if you have the love then collect and wear the product. How does Jordan Brand messing up and dropping a few hundred or thousand pairs out to mom and pops change the fact that this guy won 6 championships, 2 slam dunk titles, and one massive yoke on Ewing's head? You wear the shoes because of the player not because they are hard to find.

If you wore shoes because they were hard to find then you should be rocking some Converse Grandmama's from the 1990's cause I haven't see those in a while. Better yet how about wearing some og spud webb's or original first series Vans.

It's ridiculous to see everyone take this so personally. If you want to stop collecting Jordans because of this incident then go ahead. It just shows you never appreciated Jordan for the player he is and you jumped on the bandwagon to wear Jordans because of the "status" of the item.

Buying a product because of what it represents and buying a product to represent are 2 different things. This incident shows all the people who buy nike just for the fashion and not for the quality.

If you are saying "I'm angry but I'll keep buying the Nike and Jordan product" then you are being hypocritical. Why complain about it then. Everyone keep responding to this post. I like to see hypocrites in action and the pointlessness of their complaining.

Method man's post was on the money.Plus like the other post said the hoody and had are tangible for the $50.00 extra dollars.More like tangible crap for $50.00 extra.

great post meth. thanks for helping us out.

Im just frustrated that I couldnt buy the shoes separately. I cant afford 215 dollars for the package.

-marshall

Caravall5 "Why complain" Because I had to buy something I did not want or need to ge a sneaker I wanted.On top of that I also had to pay extra.WE ALL HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO GET THE SHOES. You know what else I don't know you and really don't care what you think.I love jordans so for that reason I will still buy jordans.Like I said before Nike don't give a good damn about us. I guess the $50.00 don't mean jack crap to you so send it to me and I will send you that lovely hat and hoody to you.You don't know how long I have been collecting jordans' and not gonna stop because of this.Plus I am not one of these kids that just jumped on the sneak parade.So slow you role champ.

Also like I posted before if you want your money back then just sell the hoody and hat on Ebay. It gets $50-$60. If you sold it back in December you would have gotten $100.

I understand your point about how you could have been able to buy items cheaper. But could you really? Are there any stores around you that carry them? If so why not just buy your size and return the package to Nike? You would get the shoes without the package for cheaper then.

The solutions are simple. Most of the posters on this board rather post and complain instead of taking action. You have your receipt. If you live in Texas or NY then go and buy the shoe and return your package. If you live in Ohio or Idaho or Portland, you should be grateful you have your shoes since there was no way you ever could have picked them up from the mom and pop anyways.

Everyone posting Nike hate here is a example of shooting the messenger. I thank Meth for posting the info but I really didn't care when I heard the news of JB dropping extra pairs. It didn't affect me since I live in California and the extra pairs didn't drop anywhere around me. To go thru the trouble of locating a person to find me a pair in NY or Texas and then Paypaling him money and having him ship me the item I rather just have bought it thru NT. Don't forget Niketown gave you free shipping and most of you got an extra $10 off with the holiday coupon.

I like seeing how quickly everything goes from "Oh my God I 'm so happy we have a extra XII color" to "I hate JB" How quickly the worm turns.

So the way I see it is that if you are lucky enough to live near somewhere that dropped the Nubucks without the hoody and fleece then pick up a pair in the same size and return it to Niketown.com.

If you already wore the fleece and hoody you couldn't have hated it that much

If you still have the fleece and hoody then sell it on Ebay. You will easy recover the amount you paid.

I paid $216 for a $135 shoe and hoody and fleece.
If I sell my hoody and fleece for $50 then my shoes cost $166 approximately.

If i have someone buy the shoes from NY and ship them to me I have to pay $150 and tax which is about $160. Then it's $10 to have USPS ship them to me from the east coast for a total of $170. Then I have to pay 3% paypal fees. This comes out to a grand total of $175 to my door.

I don't know about you but I rather just have bought it off NT.com.

I just hope that the people JB got most of yall by the balls.
ONE1 RIP THE LATE GREAT NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
"If you dont give me heaven, I'll raise Hell, Till its heaven"
"If I need it, I cant be stopped, cant be defeated"
Bronx Finest
PNB4LIFE

Like you said it's too much trouble to send the sneakers back and forget e-bay.You have to hope someone will buy that crap and give you want you want for it. More trouble.Beside's I am not trying to be a reseller.Atleast for something that nobody wants. Sorry if I was being a smartass Carvall15.Just nike did us good this time with this.Also props to method man for giving us the info.

160 Jordans,

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but I don't understand your point of view about saying you paid extra to get a pair of shoes. You got the shoes 3 months early. You got a package that is worth $50 on ebay. You can sell it for $50 on ebay. I don't know why you are asking me to send you $50 when I have already sold my fleece and hoody for $60 on Ebay. If you don't know how to sell the item on Ebay or are too lazy to then that's not my issue. I have already proven that the fleece and hoody are not useless nor worthless.

Do you live in Tex or NY? Could you have picked up a pair of the Jordan Nubucks? Then why not just return your package to Niketown.com? They pay for you to return it if you ask them for a shipping label. Go call up Nike and ask to speak to a supervisor and ask for a prepaid shipping label. It costs nothing out of your own pocket. I don't understand why you have all this antimosity towards me when I am trying to provide you solutions to your "problem" of paying more money.

If you don't like to debate then don't post on a message boards. If you post your opinions, other people with opinions will try to show you their way of thinking. If you choose to ignore it then fine. You are entitled to your opinion as much as everyone else. However to hear you complain about a problem, I am just trying to solve it. Have you attempted to sell your fleece and hat since December? Have you picked up a pair of Nubucks cheaper at a mom and pop store? If so then why not return your pair to NT.com?

I am asking you questions and trying to get your point of view. I'm not attacking you personally nor am I defending JB. I agree JB screwed up by misleading us. However you state you feel screwed over by JB. I'm just wondering how exactly they ripped you off. You can sell your extra fleece and hat. I just don't understand why you didn't. Did you want to keep it as a collectible set? If you did then Mom and Pop stores didn't affect you since they did not get the package. If you didn't like the package from the start then why didn't you just sell it on Ebay?

I'm just asking questions. If you don't want to answer them that's cool. I'm just finding it hard to see your point of view complaining about how you got ripped off by Nike.

Quote:
I agree JB screwed up by misleading us.

is this not the whole gist of the argument of people upset with jb? just because your quick to forgive them doesnt mean everyone else will be too.
[/b]​

I can understand people being upset over JB releasing these to moms and pop stores but I want to ask how many people were affected by this? Does EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO BOUGHT THE NUBUCKS ONLINE LIVE IN TEXAS AND NEW YORK?

I see 3 distinct separate issues here.

1) Nike was "misleading" whether or not intentional about the package available only online. This is true. The package was only available online. You cannot buy the package in moms and pops. They are selling the shoe only. So from that point of view JB told the truth about the "PACKAGE" being an online exclusive. If there was wording that distinctly labled the ad as saying "THIS SHOE IS ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE" then people have a point of contention. I have yet to see proof of this one way or another so I will reserve judgement until then.

2) Let's wait and see how Jordan Brand reacts to this. If they offer to refund everyone who returns a unused hoody and hat will that make you happy?

To complain about how Nike handled his online exclusive and ask for another one is kinda silly in my opinion. It's like complaining about the food and asking for free seconds.

3) Bottom line is are you happy with the shoe? Or did you just buy the shoe because of it's online exclusiveness?

If you only bought the shoe because of it's online exclusiveness then you can return the shoe. I don't understand how people can wear the item say it's wonderful then complain about it. I understand the "gist" of the argument.

I just see tons of people comlaining about how they were ripped off. Is the shoe not of high quality? Could you have bought the shoe cheaper? If you could have you have a complaint. If you don't live in NY or Texas I have yet to see how you can complain about a shoe selling for cheaper that you have no chance of buying.

^^^DUDE you are right but don't you really think nike REALLY screw us on this like one.Like post said nike got some of us by the balls and I will be the first to say I am one of these people. I live in nyc and I have seen a full size run of nubucks going for $250.00 on fulton street in brooklyn in january and have also seen the nubucks go for $170.00 to $200.00 in the last 2 weeks. Not one store had them for retail.So what 's the point of sending the shoes back.IF I could send back the 2 sets of hats and hoodys I am stuck with to nike I would but I want the sneaker Then problem solved.I was lucky on the 3rd pair of 12's sneakers that I wear I sold the hat and hoody to a fool around holiday times for $75.00.Beside I don't care to sell things on e-bay.Plus I don't have a camera to take pics of the items. Again sorry man for sounding like a ***.

160jordansdeep is right. These stores selling the nubucks are charging way over retail.

i went into my local Athelete's foot here in the bronx NY, and I saw the nubucks on display, they were asking for $190! I was in shock, I mean its one thing for nike to make the screw up but for these stores to be selling them at almost the original
"online exclusive" is a double slap in the face. i must say its a shame after holding the nubucks in my hands that i have to pass on such a beautiful version of the xii's.
The Star is in my mind...I searched the night's dark sky for a glimmer of light. I searched for any star, any star that would offer hope that even among darkness light still shines. I found no stars. Yet in my mind the recollection of a sky filled with millions of stars is enough to pave the way for faith, love, and hope to grow again. 2003 By Isaac Maysonet.

Quote:
I live in nyc and I have seen a full size run of nubucks going for $250.00 on fulton street in brooklyn in january and have also seen the nubucks go for $170.00 to $200.00 in the last 2 weeks. Not one store had them for retail.So what 's the point of sending the shoes back.

If the stores in NY are selling the shoe alone for $200 as much as the Online hoody and hat Package of $200 then whats the complaint about having to pay more. This is hypocritical to your last post of

Quote:
Because I had to buy something I did not want or need to ge a sneaker I wanted.On top of that I also had to pay extra.WE ALL HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO GET THE SHOES.

So let me get this straight. You paid $200 for a package SHIPPED to your door. You sold the fleece and hoody for $70 thus making your shoes alone $130.

People in New Yorks are selling the shoes ALONE for $170-$200 ( I have no idea if they charge tax).

So you are paying extra to get the shoes by purchasing them for $200 ($130 after you sold the package) rather than paying $200 on the streets of New York for the shoes only. How are you getting ripped off???????

I don't understand how $200 online is more expensive than $200 in NY on the streeet. I certainly don't understand how $130 Online (after you sold the fleece and hat) is more expensive than $200 on the street.

I don't understand how NIKE screwed US. Your post indicated that the Streets of NY are not selling the shoes by themselves for any cheaper than the whole Jordan shoe, hat, and fleece package.

Everyone's argument is that they were ripped off. I disagree. You got what you paid for. An online exclusive package that you picked up 3 months early.

If you want to complain that Nike misled you I want to see bitmaps of the site and emails saying the SHOE is an online exclusive. I have yet to see any proof of this. Everything has only been assumption and hearsay.

I remember wording saying the package was available only online. I saw that and it's true the package was only available online. So tell me this. Would you rather have bought the Nubucks, hat and fleece online 3 months early for $200 or bought them on the streets 3 months later without hat and fleece for $200?

I understand how you say you are stuck with the 2 extra sets of fleece and hoody but they were free right? Imean you paid $200 for the package and Athelets foot is charging $200 with tax for the shoes by themselves. So you basically got the hat and fleece for free. And if you buy a pair from a mom and pop instead of Athelete's Foot for $170 and return them to Nike for $200 and Nike pays your shipping then you still make back $30 right?

I'm trying to understand how everyone is saying they got ripped off. They didn't get ripped off. You got what you paid for.

If you want to say Nike is give false advertising then I want to see proof. I see all these accusations yet not one email or picture of the website. Where's all the proof?

IZAKURA-At athelete's foot For $190.00.WOW and that a chain store.See what I mean.Thanks for helping me prove my point. WOW athelet's foot.jesus :frown:
frown.gif

THE BOTTOM LINE IS I DID NOT WANT THE HAT AND HOODY ONLY THE DAMN SNEAKERS.I ONLY MADE SOME MONEY BACK ON ONE SET OF THE HOODY AND HAT.What do you want me to say you think you did not get screwed. I think I did.Nike should be a company that cares about the people that buy there products but we know the answer to that all ready.End of story allready.I still can't believe athelete's foot a big chain wants $190.00.See all for the money.

How can you say you were ripped off when you bought 3 pairs of Nubucks , hats and fleeces for a total of $600. You then sold a set of hat of fleece for $75.

So you have 3 pairs of Nubucks, 2 Fleeces, and 2 hats for $525.

If you buy them from Athelete's Foot then you pay $190 for each pair of shoes. A total of $570.

How is $525 more expensive than $570?

If you got to a mom and pop and buy just 3 pairs of the shoes for $170 each that's $510. ( and you have to pay tax maybe). In this scenario:

You got your 3 pairs 3 months early with 2 fleeces and 2 hats for $525 total. If you waited 3 months you would have saved $15. Now you have 2 extra hats and fleeces for $15. I don't see how you can be ripped off. You could donate the 2 hats and fleeces to the salvation army and get back a tax deduction of $50.

So tell me how did you get ripped off? You got the set with the hat and fleece for cheaper than you got the shoe without the hat and fleece. I did the math for you . How am I wrong. If you paid less and got a hat and fleece you don't want then give it to a homeless guy.

I have yet to see how you got screwed by Nike.com by paying less, getting more and getting the shoe earlier.
How is $525 for 3 pairs 3 months early with extras worse than $510-$570 3 months later with less stuff? Cheaper and more stuff getting to you earlier is worse? How terrible.

caraval

the thing that people are angry about is not so much that a person was forced to buy the hat and hoody. What bothers them is that in the end, THEY DID NOT HAVE TO BUY A HAT AND HOODY; THAT OTHER STORES WERE ABLE TO BUY THE SHOES FOR 67 DOLLARS WITHOUT THE HAT AND HOODY.

We should not have to sell on ebay the hat and hoody ourselves!

-marshall

Marshall.

I understand that. But how does a store buying them for $67 relate to us?

If we bought the shoe for $200 with package 3 months early and stores are selling them later for $190 without package, I defy you to find a majority of the people who wouldn't have just bought the package 3 months early for $10 more.

My point is that everyone here is saying they got ripped off when the people getting ripped off are the ones paying $190 for just the shoe alone. IF Athelete's foot was selling them for $135 then I understand. But from what I can gather EVERYONE in NY is selling them for $170-$200 with tax.

So if everyone wants to change their post to "Nike lied and said they would be online exclusives when they are not then I agree"

BUT AS LONG AS EVERYONE HERE IS SAYINGTHEY GOT RIPPED OFF THEN I DISAGREE.

How is nike making the shoe for $37 and selling it for $200 any different from a mom and pop buying the shoe for $67 (it's more than $67 I think. cost is not 50%) and selling it for $200?

You end up with a shoe for $200 or you end up with a shoe, hat and fleece for $200. Whats the difference?

Is everyone sad they got free stuff? If you find that the average price of the shoe is $180 and tax in NY how is that different from the Nike Online price? I fail to see it. I hate paying the same price and getting free stuff. It sucks.

The Jordan Brand Nubuck is not an online exclusive and Nike lied. Now someone make a post about that.
I don't see how "I got ripped off by Nike" has anything to do with this. The people in NY are paying $200 for a shoe without a fleece and hat. That in my opinion is getting ripped off.

Because if the 12's where just a general release I Would have only got one pair instead of 3.If I would know 3 months all most 4 months later these would besold in the stores.Forget buying them off the net I would have saved shipping on them even paying $180.00 at a mon and pop shop and paying cash and saveing the tax.I would not havebeen as bad.Over all you might not think you got screw But I did and so did others.The hat and the hoody don't mean nothing to me.

MARSHELL Understands. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SELL THE HOODY AND HAT.Jordan brand made the crap and stuck it with us.Becaiuse they know it would not move out the stores.They got over on us.What's so hard about that.

You didn't pay shipping. Shipping was free in December for purchases over $100.

They are also not a general release. How many stores in NY have them? A general release is something Nationwide or Worldwide.

If you angry you are sitting on 2 extra pairs for $200 each then RETURN THEM TO NIKE FREE OF CHARGE and get your $400 back.

You still have your one pair that you sold your fleece and hat for $75 for $125. I don't see how you make any sense of how you got screwed.

You can return your shoes and get your money back. Is Nike not letting you return them? Have you tried? You keep coming back at me and making excuses about how you got screwed. Explain to me how you bought something for cheaper and got screwed.

3 pairs for $525 online after you sold one fleece and hat is cheaper than 3 pairs in NY for $540 cash.

If you return your 2 sets to nike.com and get a refund of $400 then:

1 pair for $125 after you sold your fleece and hat is cheaper than $180 cash in NY.

HOW DID YOU GET SCREWED?

How is the hat and hoody free stuff or should I say free crap when you are paying extra.Forget about getting it early.You give your extra pair to a homeless man.You feel good about yourself for getting them early and getting a tax reduction.I woun't feel good about it.Let's stop with the B.S.Caraval15,When I buy something I don't like to send something back.

Back
Top Bottom