March's JB News - add missing Team Jordan shoes pics!

Quote:
Jordan brand made the crap and stuck it with us.

How is something for free in your case crap? You sold the hat and fleece for $75 and got a pair for $125.

Would you rather have not had to sell the fleece and hat and paid $180?

Quote:
I guess the $50.00 don't mean jack crap to you

So you save $75 with a little bit of work by selling the items.

Just admit that you bought the 3 of the items because you thought it was an exclusive and you were going to sell them later. Now that NY has them you can't sell them anymore and it kills your market. Not to mention everyone in NY that you have told that you have the hookup on an exclusive AJ12. Now everyone else has them.

Quote:
love jordans so for that reason I will still buy jordans. You don't know how long I have been collecting jordans' and not gonna stop because of this.

^^^
If this is true and you got just the shoes for $125 after you sold your fleece and hoodie then I don't see how you lose out going the online way instead of paying $180 on the street.

If love Jordans and got 3 pairs for $525 online instead of $540 on the street then you should be happy.

If you only want one pair now and return the other 2 to Nike free of charge then you end up:

with one pair for $125 after you sold your fleece and hoodie instead of $180.

So once again tell me how you got screwed.

Quote:
How is the hat and hoody free stuff or should I say free crap when you are paying extra.Forget about getting it early.You give you extra pair to a homeless man.You will feel good about your self for getting them early and getting a tax reduction.I woun't feel good about it.Let's stop with the B.S.Caraval15

How are you paying extra when you made money off it?

You make excuses about how you paid shipping (you didn't) about how you paid more (you didn't after you sold the "worthless" hoody and hat for $75) about how you love jordans and bought 3 pairs yet now that you know they aren't special anymore you want your money back. (you can get your money back by returning them)

So where's the problem other than Nike hurt your feelings and now you aren't the only special guy in NY with Nubucks anymore. I'm tired of listening to you beat the same "Poor me" drum over and over. You got your shoes cheaper after everything is said and done. Quit saying Nike screwed you.

That's right I brought 2 extra pairs and one to wear because I thought they would be like the olympic 6's that now go for $450.00 and up after 4 years. Plus from what understand only sold on niketown online and at niketown stores when they released in 2000.If I am wrong about please correct me on that.What's wrong with that.Also I would rather pay for them in a shop and not have to pay sales tax that nike charges to ship to new york state or other state for that matter which is 8.65% in n.y.s. and also pay the shipping charger.So I still got screwed On the package.

GET THIS STRIGHT I DON'T WANT TO RETURN THE SHOES (all 3 pairs I want) ONLY THE HOODY AND HAT I WOULD RETURN.I think it's time to lock the post.One more thing I got screwed.If you and me where talking about this in person I think I would be yelling at you.

haha...

guys... you just have a difference of opinion. Cant change the other person's mind. No use trying.

2 things that I would like to get straight . I would not pay more money to get a shoe early. That is because I usually dont wear my J's.

Also, I believe that stores get shoes 50% of suggested retail price.

-marshall

160JordansDeep

If you were buying these pairs because you thought they would be like the Olympic VI's then Nike definitely screwed you. The olympic VI's were rumored to have a size run of about 3,000 pairs. The Nubucks seem like the size run was about 20,000. Low for a Jordan Brand issue but definitely not limited.

I keep reiterating at you got the packages for cheaper than you would have buying it in the streets but I guess you don't want to believe it. Why don't you return the packages for $200 and tax and buy them back on the streets of NY cheaper? I don't get it. Why not return the shoes to Nike.Com for $219 and buy them cheaper on the streets in NY for $180 cash? I don't understand your logic. You can resolve this yourself without Nike's help then in this case.

Marshall. I honestly don't believe that the cost for Nike Shoes is 50%. Nike actually charges a little bit more. I believe their cost to the middle man is about 60% or so. Not a big difference but just to clarify that Moms and Pops don't clear as much as we think they do. (at least when they sell at retail. If they are buying Jordans @ $75 and selling them for $170 they are making a killing)

I collect Jordans:

Quote:
I agree JB screwed up by misleading us.

does not mean Nike ripped you off. They messed up their Reputation but the Shoe is still a good deal.
So to clarify: Everyone is happy with their shoe but doesn't want the fleece and hat. My argument is that Nike screwed up the whole Nubuck Jordan XII release but they did not rip the people off. If you bought this shoe because it was an Online exclusive you deserve what you get. It's just as bad as people who buy Lasers, All Star VCIII or All Star H2K4 to resell. You either like the shoe or you don't. It's not like NY is selling the shoes any cheaper. If you want to cry about $5 -$10 then fine. I honestly don't think the whole argument of I hate Nike and I will keep buying their stuff flys

It's more like everyone tried to pick up a bunch of these for investments, had Nike drop some more and now they are mad they won't be able to sell them for lots. Admit you are a reseller. If you are, you aren't buying the shoes for the love of Jordan , you just are buying them for the love of money.

So Nike screwed up your hopes of being a reseller. In that case I'm glad Nike dropped these Nubucks in NY. I'm glad that people who didn't get a chance to buy them now get to get them. I'm also glad you greedy people out there got the screws put to you by Nike.

Quote:
That's right I brought 2 extra pairs and one to wear because I thought they would be like the olympic 6's that now go for $450.00 and up after 4 years. Plus from what understand only sold on niketown online and at niketown stores when they released in 2000.If I am wrong about please correct me on that.What's wrong with that

yeah you ARE wrong......olympic VI's were at all da mom and pop stores in NYC too back in 2000.

what you guys are doing in UNDER estimaing da power that mom and pop store got in NYC.........if you went to fulton street back in december they BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN having da nubucks for 180 with no hoody or hat.

am i mad cuz i paid 200+ while cats is getting them in fordam? hell naw....live and let live

i'm saying:

1. we got them about 4 months earlier

2. we got them for retail while cats is getting raped for two bills and better without any hoody or hat.

3. all it does wit da public is create more of a crazy hype for em cuz no one outside us at niketalk knew about them, now to da public they "infamous"...if anything people think i paid 250 for my pair in fordam so i look like da only balla :pimp:
pimp.gif

4. if you bought them online and now u tight cuz people could get them and you longer feel special....you a hata and its a selfish thing to be :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

those jordan brand ceo's r some pimps. they sound liek the boyfriend who regularly cheats on his girl only to tell her i love her and i'll never do it again.

Quote:
If, as a result of this incident, you wish to return your Retro XII packages - it is undeniably your right to do so.

^ If JB accept dissatisfied customers, who return the shoes & two items then that can be viewed as UN-DOING this mistake.

I believe JB owe their members MORE THAN some apology.

BTW what the heck happened to:

Quote:
Knowing that leftovers would exist, they decided to allocate these products to areas that were entirely unable to purchase this product during its initial offering. Stores in Canada and Mexico were the intended recipients of these leftover XIIs.

^ Damn that would have been nice. But JB is bound to mess up some times. Especially areas on designs and colorways. |I
tired.gif

I guess at this point its almost like beating a dead horse (who does that anyways?)

Ultimately imo, i think that for whatever reasons people bought the shoe (exclusivity, collect-ability, resalable) To some extent the term "Online Exclusive" does create a bit of "buyers anxiety" some of us have gone thru the hassle of going store to store missing out on that pair of j's that we wanted to badly.

To say "online exclusive" i think creates a psychological connection between the consumer and the product (operant conditioning :where your reward would be coppin the "exclusive Nu-bucks" which would prompt many to behave accordingly to buy the shoes, whereas the punishment would be missing out on this exclusive pair, basic psychology for anyone who cares)

The term "online exclusive might also convey to many that they are limited. I mean often the words Exclusive and Limited can be synonymous. When i first got my Nu-buck e-mail the first thing i thought was I need to get them and i got all nervous, than i was like Stressing over shoes? if i miss em, i miss em.

In a nutshell imo, Jb was not as clear as it could have been.
I have no pairs of nu-bucks and ultimately my life is just as rich, meaningful and enjoyable as it was before.

Peace!
The Star is in my mind...I searched the night's dark sky for a glimmer of light. I searched for any star, any star that would offer hope that even among darkness light still shines. I found no stars. Yet in my mind the recollection of a sky filled with millions of stars is enough to pave the way for faith, love, and hope to grow again. 2003 By Isaac Maysonet.

As much As I might hate to say this 160jordansdeep is right.Nike/jordan played us like a $2.00 crack ho but for $200.00. NIke did us real dirty.NOT A GOOD LOOK YO.

THis is what was sent to us at the end of november 2003 and beginning of december 2003 about the jordan retro nubucks 12. FOR THOES WHO REPRESENT.YOU,OUR TEAM JORDAN MEMBERS.WE'VE PUT TOGETHER AN ULTRA-EXCLUSIVE OFFER IN THE TEAM JORDAN RETRO Xll PACKAGE.FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY,WE'RE OFFERING A PACKAGE EXCLUSIVERY TO OUR TEAM JORDAN MEMBERS.THE PACKAGE INCLUDES A LIMITED-RUN PRODUCTION OF THE AIR JORDAN Xll RETRO,A JORDAN FLEECE PULL-OVER HOODY,AMD A FITTED JORDAN PINWHELL CAP,ALL IN AN EXCLUSIVE BLACK/CAROLINA BLUE COLORWAY. PRICE $200.00 (A $240 VALUE) WHERE www.JUMPMAN23.COM/RETRO12LOGIN. WHEN NOVEMBER 24-DECEMBER 3 2003. And in small print are you ready caravall15-RETAIL PRICE $200.00 PLUS APPLICAL SALES TAX (MAXIMUM OF $10.00) PACKAGES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE,USING A CREDIT CARD OR NIKETOWN GIFT CERTIFICATE PACKAGES CAN ONLY BE SHIPPED TO U.S. ADDRESSES.LIMIT THREE PER MEMBER.

Hello:

Wow. If you really feel that strongly about it, then you will be boycotting Nike products from now on, right?

Yes, Jordan Brand made a mistake. A pretty big one, at that.

No, they did NOT mean for this to happen. I spoke to the same people Method Man spoke to, and they are all very shocked by this as well. We are not sugarcoating this because we are moderators on NT or friends of JB. They HONESTLY NEVER MEANT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. They still don't know entirely what happened, and are getting to the bottom of it now.

Yes, it is very unfortunate but you are clamoring VERY hard about this. Yes, it happened to you, and to me, and to a lot of other people. I didn't want the hat either, but the hoody is quite nice and I have taken to it lately.

If you truly believe JB has screwed you SO badly, then I think you shouldn't buy the products anymore. You really seem hell-bent on getting this message across...

Regards:

Alex.
Angela = Dopeness on a stick.
Niketalk Rules of Conduct
Email: retrokid23@yahoo.com
W.T.B.B. Indeed.

Alex all of us can't have friends in high places like you and the other guy.I guess with nikes great scams and shoe hype that's why I paid $43.30 a share in january 2003 for nike stock and now it's at $76.50 a share as of today down one cent.The kings of marking and lying.And no alex your wrong I will not boycot jordan products.I will always rock jordans. I just hope the this messup <<I would rather use another word but don't wanna get banned>> will not happen again.There a billion dolllare company.Can't they keep there word one on damn shoe.

Thwy should have burnt the leftovers,but it should be all forgotten now. (I wish I had a pair,though)
LOVE IS... PLAYING EVERY GAME AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST

Hello:

Just talking to a good friend about this thread just a few minutes ago, and lots of good points were raised.

When people complain about JB, often it's because everyone has such elevated expectations. When you've built up an excellent reputation and people put their trust and faith in you and you let them down or, in this case, you're perceived as betraying them - that really hurts.

And what difference does it make if they are a billion dollar company or something else? What about our president? What about Enron? Weapons of mass destruction? Covering up? Oh my!

I didn't say that you would stop wearing Jordans, but you seem to nitpick about it the most (at least verbally on NT), so if you are really THAT perturbed about it, maybe you should call a boycott to JB products. The Nubucks were an unfortunate surprise, but again: They DID NOT MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.

Regards:

Alex.

Angela = Dopeness on a stick.
Niketalk Rules of Conduct
Email: retrokid23@yahoo.com
W.T.B.B. Indeed.

Alex-Like I said I will not boycott jordan brand because of this.Tell your buddy in the higher ups at nike if he has any pull to see that something does not happen again or tell him to go to phil knight and have him make sure this does not happen again.Like it would really happen.I find this to be more important then the president at least to me unless ralph nader becomes the president and he makes marijuana legal in all 50 states.Because the bush twins will not listen to my problems.But could we could talk about world events over drinks to talk about our problems that there daddy put us in.Enron who cares my money was never mixed up in that crap.Weapons of mass destruction at that point if it happens the nubucks mess up I think will not be on our minds or our sneaker collection if we live through it. Out here at least I can get it off my chest about something I care about SNEAKERS and something might be done about it.Alex If you did not care about sneakers I don't think you would be on a sneakers message board or writing in a ok but not great sneaker magazine. Right Retrokid.

Back
Top Bottom