Marcus Jordan Got His Way: UCF & Nike Ink New Deal.......

Ja's 2¢

formerly vcshoxj6
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Central Florida has signed an agreement with Nike to provide shoes and apparel for all the university's sports.

The joint announcement Friday comes after Adidas ended any future sponsorship with UCF in November, in part because of the national attention caused after basketball player Marcus Jordan wore his famous father's Nike Air Jordans.

The freshman guard had said he would only wear the shoes of his father, Michael Jordan, because they hold special meaning to his family.

The contract with Nike begins July 1. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Wow it really happened and it's for all sports too. UCF SOD Shorts?
eek.gif
Copped. Finally some nice gear.

What you mean got his way? He asked if he could before he signed...if anything ucf was using him cause they knew they could get a good deal w/ nike for having mjs son...leverage my friend...they prob only signed w/ adidas because nike wasn't offering all that originally

At least something good came out of all of this, these Mutha-truckas didn't do jack on the court. We (I go to UCF), atleast had a winning record last year.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Stupid thread title. UCF gave him the green light to wear Jordan apparel.

no, more like Marcus ain't even that good to warrant such demands. So in essence he got his way. Though UCF did get him just for the exposure and publicity. 

AIR J XIII wrote:
At least something good came out of all of this, these Mutha-truckas didn't do jack on the court. We (I go to UCF), atleast had a winning record last year.
grin.gif

word. Watching them this past season was terrible. I mean most of these dudes would not share the damn ball. Always trying to score by themselves. Did MJ even come to the other games or just the first? I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. 

The title is misleading. UCF recruited Marcus, offered him a scholarship and said he could wear Air Jordans.
He ended up leading the team in scoring in league play and was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team.

jordanxlarge.jpg

vwzbio.jpg

959344b08dc5ba3e56a637853cbfdb3c5d88ca.jpg

5txmr4.jpg

ec8f106041afa51cfa6b337acebc6ca48.jpg

2ccosnc.png

2rrb5lj.png

UCF and its athletes won.

if anyone is familiar with HS ball here, i was just reading this article:

http://blogs.usatoday.com...rida-for-basketball.html

Jordan was injured early this season, but closed out his senior campaign on a flurry of high notes. He led Whitney Young (Chicago) to the Illinois Class 4A state championship, scoring a game-high 19 points. And on a team that is considered to have six genuine Division-I prospects, the 6-2 Jordan averaged 16.8 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists during Whitney Young's seven-game playoff run.
I don't really know on how they a sses a player, but can you get offers from big name schools (i.e. Kansas, UConn, etc.) with those numbers in HS?

I was reading some scouting reports on him and it looks like UCF and Iowa were the only notable names who offered scholarships to Marcus.

drop some knowledge.

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

basketball isnt like foot ball schools have less offers to give out.

thanks for the insight (I see where you're coming from). anyone else?

is marcus jordan even good?

read that article.

I searched on his HS ranking and he's unranked with Rivals and Scout.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

basketball isnt like foot ball schools have less offers to give out.

thanks for the insight (I see where you're coming from). anyone else?

is marcus jordan even good?

that doesn't mean much....
he's actually pretty decent he's only a freshman...he's had a couple impressive games this yr...more than you can say about Jeff

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

which brother is it thats supposed to be good?

Marcus is better than Jeff. Jeff just comes off the bench and plays decent defense for Illinois.

Marcus was ranked on both Scout and Rivals. He was a three star recruit.

Alot of guys in the league that were 3 star recruits...just all depends on the work you put it to get better.

He looks like he's going to have a pretty damn good career at UCF these next few years tho.

That ranking/star #!$$ is exactly what it is....#!$$

This dude can play. And he can fill it up too. Watch, as he gets more confidence and if they start winning more, he will get the exposure he deserves.

damn my man came with the carolina 11s? That's how he feel?

I thought it was odd that he was not recruited to any school that already had a sponsorship with Nike. It does seem like this was only a promotional ploy for UCF using the Jordan name.

Marcus got his way when he was allowed to wear the family shoe despite the existing contract. This was just a bonus for UCF athletes and staff.

Back
Top Bottom