Mare of Easttown (starring Kate Winslet & Guy Pearce) | HBO Miniseries | Sunday 10 PM

1619384806544.png

A detective in a small Pennsylvania town investigates a local murder while trying to keep her life from falling apart.

^ big Sharp Objects vibes, which can only be a good thing. Reminds me of The Killing too, even though that show got ripped to shreds for the S1 ending. :lol:

First episode was pretty dope. Will def be tuning in every week.

First episode was excellent.

Good call on The Killing compariosn. Definitely has those dark/drab vibes, but with an HBO budget. Kate Winslet can really do no wrong. She's gonna be really good in this.

I already need Erin's dad to place hands on Dylan ASAP.

First episode was excellent.

Good call on The Killing compariosn. Definitely has those dark/drab vibes, but with an HBO budget. Kate Winslet can really do no wrong. She's gonna be really good in this.

I already need Erin's dad to place hands on Dylan ASAP.
The killing was tough :pimp: ...shows like this usually slip thru my radar cuz they don’t got any marketing budget :lol:

I would have never checked for this show but I trust the folks who have stamped it in here so I’m going to give episode 1 a go. By the time it’s over, I’ll be able to catch the second episode too :smokin

This show is legit. Honestly my only gripe is that I know the struggle will be real having to wait a week between episodes since I’m so accustomed to binging :lol: There’s so many moving pieces and this town is incestuous so I know the ending is going to crazy.

I know the town is fictional but I lived and worked in the area long enough to know that they did a good job with the setting, accents and attitudes. Definitely throws me back a bit

This show is legit. Honestly my only gripe is that I know the struggle will be real having to wait a week between episodes since I’m so accustomed to binging :lol: There’s so many moving pieces and this town is incestuous so I know the ending is going to crazy.

I know the town is fictional but I lived and worked in the area long enough to know that they did a good job with the setting, accents and attitudes. Definitely throws me back a bit
You lived in delco?

wooder :lol: but yes show is the goods, and incestuous is the perfect description for the series, everyone knows everyone.

They did a good job provoking pity from the viewer in their portrayal of Erin. I was like why do I feel so bad for this girl on this television show right now :lol:

HBO shows always hit the feels.

Came in to say this. Watching shows like this, you knew the only good person in all of this was gonna get it. Smh.

New episode tonight. I'll be catching this weekly.

The previews were throwing darts in every direction lol. Ex-husband, Pastor, shoot I still havent ruled out Erin's pops in all this. Baby daddy, not killer.

Is Mare of Easttown intentionally supposed to sound like "Mayor of Easttown?"

Like she's sort of the center of everything and/or everything falls on her shoulders?

Is Mare of Easttown intentionally supposed to sound like "Mayor of Easttown?"

Like she's sort of the center of everything and/or everything falls on her shoulders?
I think of mare like the female horse. Especially since easttown twp Pennsylvania where the creator is from has a well known horse show annually (Devon horse show).

Back
Top Bottom