💒 Married At First Sight 👰: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
You mean like the NTer on Next back in the day?
Yeah I don't think they can do that. Lol

Their contract probably states they won't get paid if they bounce right away without marrying the person. Basically a waste of an episode and production money.

This show is awesome. Watching the re-runs right now.

Why is Sonia so clingy? Because Nick is prettier than her? 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
This show is awesome. Watching the re-runs right now.

Why is Sonia so clingy? Because Nick is prettier than her?  :stoneface:  

Sonia seems kind of crazy and needy. I can only imagine what she goes through as a social worker.

^ She's 33yo and a social worker. The picture is forming and it makes a lot of sense.

Also, I've only watched Derek/Heather for 5 minutes and I'm already annoyed by them (her mostly). She comes off like a jaded alcoholic with a "me me me" mentality.

Edit: Wait, she's 32yo?? She looks 45yo. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
^ She's 33yo and a social worker. The picture is forming and it makes a lot of sense.

Also, I've only watched Derek/Heather for 5 minutes and I'm already annoyed by them (her mostly). She comes off like a jaded alcoholic with a "me me me" mentality.

Edit: Wait, she's 32yo?? She looks 45yo.  :x

Heather looks very old in the face and she is not attractive on the inside or outside. Alcohol did a number on her. Sonia will probably have a tough and traumatic day at work and she'll tell dude about it and he won't show her any emotion but he'll really feel bad for her.

If you're gonna compare all 3 girls, Sonia comes out on top simply because she seems the most pleasant/kind barring the clinginess.

Sonia is really annoying how she keeps wondering if she's pretty.

You know your *** look good so why you keep asking yourself the damn question? 

She does seem like the most wifey material out of them all though. 

And yall need to leave my girl heather alone. Smoking is very unattractive. I don't blame her.

Dude flies off the handle at the littlest thing too. Although it was ****** up how she just left him in the cave like that 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Smoking is definitely not a good look but what's with these people lying to the experts. Back in season 2,Sean claimed he would be cool living in New York but then he whined about his life in New Jersey. Davina said she only wanted to be paired with a person that wanted to be in the city but they paired her with Sean.

Heather told Dr Pepper she would be OK with someone that smoked. If it was a deal breaker she should've said so. Her alcoholism isn't a good look either.

Last edited:
I need to start watching this show. Is it rare for the couples to hook up on their wedding night? Seems like it wouldn't happen often unless they're both attracted to each other physically.

I need to start watching this show. Is it rare for the couples to hook up on their wedding night? Seems like it wouldn't happen often unless they're both attracted to each other physically.

It is extremely rare. In fact the couples that sleep together too fast more times than not don't make it.

It is extremely rare. In fact the couples that sleep together too fast more times than not don't make it.
It's only happened twice. 1st season with the black couple that failed and this recent season I think with the Latina and dude who lives in a bus.

The other couple ended up banging on their honeymoon I think.

Last edited:
It's only happened twice. 1st season with the black couple that failed and this recent season I think with the Latina and dude who lives in a bus.

The other couple ended up banging on their honeymoon I think.

Didn't Jess & Ryan sleep together on the honeymoon too in season 2? That whole season was a bust though.

They did. Then they had a fight when Ryan said her tats were "trash".

:rofl:

I wanted them to work cuz they looked good as hell together.

He was a coke head and emotionally abusive.
The other Ryan was going home to his mom's house at night and his wife stuck up for him when the cameras were on.
Sean might have been gay but he wasn't feeling Davina at all and was spending most of his time back in Jersey.

2 seasons in a row no couple made it

Oh I did not know Jacklyn and Ryan ended up divorcing.

Damn these match makers suck.

I think key problem as well is a lot of these ppl are damaged. We've seen a lot of characters in 4 seasons :lol: Even for ppl who've made it you can see the issues they have.

Ryan was your typical Astoria cat. Knew his relationship would end up in a disaster (which it did) when I saw the pairing :lol:

Didn't know so many nters watched this :lol: this I watch this **** with my girl full of lols I love how dude keeps getting the yambs knowing full well his wife is going to be pissed when she finds out he lives on a buss he just said f it I'm gonna get it in as much as possible on this honeymoon and when they go home oh by the way I live on a greyhound :rofl:

Last edited:
Oh I did not know Jacklyn and Ryan ended up divorcing.

Damn these match makers suck.

I think key problem as well is a lot of these ppl are damaged. We've seen a lot of characters in 4 seasons :lol: Even for ppl who've made it you can see the issues they have.

These match makers do suck indeed. For "experts" they sure miss a ton of warning signs of people that are emotionally damaged that have no business being matched together. Everyone knew Tres and Vanessa had abandonment issues and neither handled conflict well. Vanessa would shut down and not talk while Tres would drown his problems in alcohol. I can go on and on.

Jaclyn and Ryan didn't make it because son couldn't leave his family behind. I understand wanting to take care of your family but Jaclyn was one of the better people they've had. She didn't like Ryan initially but she grew to really like him.

Back
Top Bottom