Married NTers and those living with their girls please chime in Vol. Women Vs Shoes

Damned if I give up my vices if I'm paying the bills. Of course my love of purses.. And shoes.. And clothes has been put on the back burner
frown.gif
but if I was in a better place?
pimp.gif
you buy her Lous. She should be happy
laugh.gif

Wife is right. Save your money now. I spent a lot of money on jewelry, clothes, sneakers, etc. but if I was married I would be saving that money for our kids down the line. Those pampers and college tuition are expensive.

Wife is right. Save your money now. I spent a lot of money on jewelry, clothes, sneakers, etc. but if I was married I would be saving that money for our kids down the line. Those pampers and college tuition are expensive.

It is kind of immature to spend that amount on shoes at your age. But you can look at it a different way. Every pair of shoes you buy is pretty much an investment, just in a non-ordinary way. You can easily make 70% of your money back when(if) you mature and decide to sell, possibly even break even depending on what shoes you bought/condition. Just try to tell her that you're not straight blowing the money away, some of that money will come back in the future. And besides, do what makes you happy

It is kind of immature to spend that amount on shoes at your age. But you can look at it a different way. Every pair of shoes you buy is pretty much an investment, just in a non-ordinary way. You can easily make 70% of your money back when(if) you mature and decide to sell, possibly even break even depending on what shoes you bought/condition. Just try to tell her that you're not straight blowing the money away, some of that money will come back in the future. And besides, do what makes you happy

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Man Steezy bro your wife actually has a point.... Not saying you don't have the right to spend 500 ever couple of weeks on kicks especially since yall aint hurting for the money but truthfully you and I both know that collecting sneakers in itself can be a bit immature. Especially when u are at a point in your life where it really aint that serious.

Oh and NT does feed the hype. Stay outta the JB and General forum even SNEAKER SHOWCASE and I bet your urge to buy so many kicks will stop
Nobody cares about sneakers in General, though.
grin.gif

Anyway, your wife's right. Save up on better things my man.

my b I actually meant Nike Retro.... STAY IN GENERAL no one here really cares about kicks...

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Man Steezy bro your wife actually has a point.... Not saying you don't have the right to spend 500 ever couple of weeks on kicks especially since yall aint hurting for the money but truthfully you and I both know that collecting sneakers in itself can be a bit immature. Especially when u are at a point in your life where it really aint that serious.

Oh and NT does feed the hype. Stay outta the JB and General forum even SNEAKER SHOWCASE and I bet your urge to buy so many kicks will stop
Nobody cares about sneakers in General, though.
grin.gif

Anyway, your wife's right. Save up on better things my man.

my b I actually meant Nike Retro.... STAY IN GENERAL no one here really cares about kicks...

I wish my wife was like yours OP. I try to convince myself to stop buying so many sneakers. When I talk to her about selling my collection she hits with the stoneface and tells me I'll regret it later. I believe my collection is worth 15-20K. I hit her with that number and she told me not to let them. I recently OD'd on the Kobe VI buying 10 pair(most I've bought of any one sig). I love them all, but at 27 I ask myself why am I still doing this.

I wish my wife was like yours OP. I try to convince myself to stop buying so many sneakers. When I talk to her about selling my collection she hits with the stoneface and tells me I'll regret it later. I believe my collection is worth 15-20K. I hit her with that number and she told me not to let them. I recently OD'd on the Kobe VI buying 10 pair(most I've bought of any one sig). I love them all, but at 27 I ask myself why am I still doing this.

I guess it all depends on the type of woman that you are with.

My girl does not have a problem, but that is because she is just as bad as I am.
laugh.gif

She does not get all sneakers, but she has just as many as I do now.

I am 29 BTW. I'm sure I will stop at some point, but I also do not run out and buy everything either.

Honestly, it is your money, do what you feel with it. As long as priorities are taken care of, she should be
straight. You hit her off with the occasional pair(heels), she will not complain, trust me.
wink.gif

I guess it all depends on the type of woman that you are with.

My girl does not have a problem, but that is because she is just as bad as I am.
laugh.gif

She does not get all sneakers, but she has just as many as I do now.

I am 29 BTW. I'm sure I will stop at some point, but I also do not run out and buy everything either.

Honestly, it is your money, do what you feel with it. As long as priorities are taken care of, she should be
straight. You hit her off with the occasional pair(heels), she will not complain, trust me.
wink.gif

mondaynight - she works bro, she just doesnt/cant help out in the house so i got all the bills covered...in a way thats how i feel, but being married i have to examine the situation differently, still getting used to that part of marriage.

sneaks - i know that extra cash would be good put away, but then life happens and that money goes out the window again (car repairs, house expenses, etc)
laugh.gif
but i do see where you are coming from.

Nawth - maybe i should buy her another pair
laugh.gif
I think her beef is with NT
laugh.gif
damn you NT!!

If she doesn't work and you're taking care of everything while still having $ to buy what you like, she has no say IMO

If she doesn't work and you're taking care of everything while still having $ to buy what you like, she has no say IMO

mondaynight - she works bro, she just doesnt/cant help out in the house so i got all the bills covered...in a way thats how i feel, but being married i have to examine the situation differently, still getting used to that part of marriage.

sneaks - i know that extra cash would be good put away, but then life happens and that money goes out the window again (car repairs, house expenses, etc)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn you NT!!

I was once married, and my situation was damn near identical to yours. I had a lucrative career, we had a ton in savings, travelled, and she had the freshest wardrobe.

After a while, she started to make the same points as your wife, and you know what? Your wife and my ex are right.

My biggest regret is that I didn't listen to her sooner - now I am stuck with 175+ pairs of kicks that I don't even wear anymore.
30t6p3b.gif

I was once married, and my situation was damn near identical to yours. I had a lucrative career, we had a ton in savings, travelled, and she had the freshest wardrobe.

After a while, she started to make the same points as your wife, and you know what? Your wife and my ex are right.

My biggest regret is that I didn't listen to her sooner - now I am stuck with 175+ pairs of kicks that I don't even wear anymore.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn you NT!!

Every girl I have ever been with has had a love/ hate relationship with NT... My current girl doesn't mind it so much but she swears I spend way too much time on here.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn you NT!!

Every girl I have ever been with has had a love/ hate relationship with NT... My current girl doesn't mind it so much but she swears I spend way too much time on here.
eyes.gif

You got all the bills covered?

So I'm guessing she doesn't pay bills AT ALL???

Like Henz said, if you still have left over money, AFTER you've taken care of everything, she can't tell you how to spend it. IMO

You got all the bills covered?

So I'm guessing she doesn't pay bills AT ALL???

Like Henz said, if you still have left over money, AFTER you've taken care of everything, she can't tell you how to spend it. IMO

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

she learned this back when i was saving for our wedding and needed 700$ for our floral arrangements which neither one of us had at the moment...put my Zen Yeezys up for sale and they were gone in a day for 550$ and our flowers were covered....so she understands this about shoes....i told her i want to see her when she graduates and probably starts making more than me and she goes ham at Sephora and Neeman.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

she learned this back when i was saving for our wedding and needed 700$ for our floral arrangements which neither one of us had at the moment...put my Zen Yeezys up for sale and they were gone in a day for 550$ and our flowers were covered....so she understands this about shoes....i told her i want to see her when she graduates and probably starts making more than me and she goes ham at Sephora and Neeman.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom