Marvel Begins Development on Deadpool Spinoff Movie Starring Ryan Reynolds

I'm probably late, but...

[h1]Reynolds to star in 'X-Men' spinoff[/h1] [h2]Fox has begun development on 'Deadpool'[/h2]
[h3]By MICHAEL FLEMING[/h3]

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
reynolds_ryan_xmen.jpg

Fox's 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool' will be a star vehicle for Ryan Reynolds, who played the character in 'Wolverine.'

More than one option

[/td] [/tr][/table]
More Articles:

[h2]Mindy Kaling cues NBC deal[/h2] [h2]Rachel Weisz to star in 'Whistleblower'[/h2] [h2]FX nabs TV rights to 'Wolverine'[/h2] [h2]Hugh Jackman, Seeds planting pics[/h2] [h2]Samsung rocks out with 'Prophecies'[/h2] [h2]Hero captain inks with CAA[/h2]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Twentieth Century Fox has begun development on "Deadpool," an "X-Men" spinoff that will be crafted as a star vehicle for Ryan Reynolds, who played the character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."
The character is one of the most popular in Marvel Comics' X-Men universe. Deadpool is Wade Wilson, a mercenary who, dying of cancer, submits himself to the Weapon X genetic alteration experiment and emerges as an indestructible semi-sane anti-hero. Reynolds seemed destined to play the character. In one reference in the Marvel Comics, Deadpool is described as a mix between "a Shar Pei and Ryan Reynolds."

In one of the "Easter egg" endings of "Wolverine," Deadpool is seen rising from the rubble and whispering "Shhh" to audiences.

The film will be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel.

Fox is also in the formative stages of a "Wolverine" sequel that will encompass the samurai storyline that was hinted at as Wolverine sat in a bar in Japan as the film concluded (Daily Variety, May 4).

More than one option

Separately, Fox is developing "Magneto," a film about the X-Men villain with a script by Shelton Turner, and "X-Men: First Class," which Josh Schwartz is penning.

Reynolds next stars with Sandra Bullock in the Anne Fletcher-directed "The Proposal," which Disney releases June 19. He also completed the Kieran and Michele Mulroney-directed "Paper Man."

http://

guess this means, they've scrapped the idea for the Nightstalkers spinoff with Jessica Biel.

smh.gif
20th Century FOX is making it.

Marvel needs to get all of their properties back.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Fox is making it so im 99% sure it's not going to meet my expectations
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif
Word, read the title and came in here thinking it was gonna be done by marvel studios.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

smh.gif
20th Century FOX is making it.

Marvel needs to get all of their properties back.

exactly it will be end up being screwed up in many ways

Ryan Reynolds is a huge Deadpool fan, i doubt he'll allow them to bastardize the character...He even said in an interview his dream was to make an true tothe comics Deadpool movie...

Angel

Let's hope they pretend X-Men Origins: Wolverine never happened when they make this movie.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Excited for it but seeing that Fox will be making it kinda brings it down

smh.gif
I'm not to excited about this...and I'm a huge Deadpool fan...

Back
Top Bottom