WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Stan Lee Tribute “Excelsior!” Announced, Date Set: Kevin Smith To Host With Mix Of Public And Private Events
sl_tribute_poster.png

The Stan Lee tribute event expected since the icon died in November is set: “Excelsior! A Celebration of the Amazing, Fantastic, Incredible & Uncanny Life of Stan Lee” will take place Wednesday, January 30, at Hollywood’s TCL Chinese Theatre, with both public and invite-only private events, the latter including such speakers as Mark Hamill, Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld, Vincent D’Onofrio and others.

The tribute, presented by Kevin Smith, Legion M and Agents of Mayhem in partnership with Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment, will kick off with a public appreciation of Lee’s life and work at Hollywood’s TCL Chinese Theatre forecourt, with “fan-favorite speakers,” an art exhibit by artist Rob Prior, select costumes and props from Stan’s cameos and creations, a musical performance and a special moment of remembrance around Lee’s hand and foot imprints.

After a red carpet arrival of guests, the evening will proceed with the private tribute inside the IMAX Theatre hosted by Smith.

The public tribute is open to fans, with a limited number of tickets available beginning today at 5 pm PT at legionm.com/stantribute. Ticket packages currently on the site include $150 and $200 options.

The tribute was announced today by the presenters.

“Thank you, Stan, for making me not only the boy I was but also the man I am today,” said Clerksfilmmaker Smith. “You had great power and you always used it responsibly, fostering billions of dreamers who all know your name – a name written in the stars for all time. You were not just the literary titan of comic books, you were our modern-day Mark Twain.”

Smith will moderate conversations during the private IMAX Theatre tribute with celebrity speakers including Hamill, Liefeld, The Dark Knight exec producer Michael Uslan, D’Onofrio, RZA, and Tom DeSanto, producer of X-Men, and the Transformersfranchise), among others. The evening will conclude with video tributes and live performances of Lee’s favorite music and poetry.

The tribute event was announced by Legion M, the fan-owned company that organized Lee’s 2017 hand-and-foot imprint ceremony at the theater. Legion M will produce the tribute with the production and consulting company Agents of Mayhem, whose founder Darren Passarello worked for Lee for several years, according to Legion M.

According to the announcement, Legion M and Agents of Mayhem are working in partnership with Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment, the multimedia company Lee founded in 2001 with Gill Champion. POW! Chief Marketing Officer Bob Sabouni will oversee the tribute day alongside the other event partners.

Net proceeds from the event’s ticket sales will go to the non-profit charitable organization The Hero Initiative, a charity supporting comic book creators, artists and writers in need.

“We are honored for this chance for Stan’s fans and friends to come together in a celebration of his remarkable life,” said Scott D. Williams, CEO of Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment said. “Despite his passing, Stan’s name, work and legacy will continue to flourish and be revealed to the world. We are committed to honor Stan’s extraordinary life and work.”

Said Champion, Stan Lee’s partner and confidante for over 18 years: “Stan was a unique and unforgettable human being, truly adored worldwide. He loved coming to work and creating endless new ideas and stories and in spite of his genius he was a relatable and kind man that his admirers could relate to with ease. He will be dearly missed and his legacy will live on now and for many more generations to come.”

Producer of the event David Baxter, VP Development at Legion M: “Stan Lee played a major cameo in all the lives of the fans he loved, be it through his writing, his acting or his personal interactions. We feel this tribute is a perfect opportunity for Stan’s beloved fans to unite with celebrities and friends of Stan to give the man the grand sendoff he deserves.” Agents of Mayhem founder Darren Passarello called it a “personal honor to be a part of this tribute.”

Additional details for the event will be coming soon.

I don't have an issue w/ Captain Marvel being the strongest in MCU. However, it would kind of bug me to have a new/more recent character just show up and take care of Thanos. A lot of emotional investment with the current characters getting washed and whatnot.

We don't know how anything is going to go. We have whatever Tony will do, the time travel thing, Thor, CM, whatever Steve's planning, whatever Hulk might do...

I don't have an issue w/ Captain Marvel being the strongest in MCU. However, it would kind of bug me to have a new/more recent character just show up and take care of Thanos. A lot of emotional investment with the current characters getting washed and whatnot.
I don't think she's just going to 'show up and take care of Thanos'

I see this comment a lot

We'll probably see an exciting fight but it'll take something else for Thanos to take the L

I'm not coming at you but just amazing to see some ppl not trust marvel a little more, given their track record. Captain Marvel is not going to become a deus ex machina type situation. I don't think anyone is more aware of the emotional investment fans have in the veteran characters than marvel studios itself.

I don't think she's just going to 'show up and take care of Thanos'

I see this comment a lot

We'll probably see an exciting fight but it'll take something else for Thanos to take the L

I'm not coming at you but just amazing to see some ppl not trust marvel a little more, given their track record. Captain Marvel is not going to become a deus ex machina type situation. I don't think anyone is more aware of the emotional investment fans have in the veteran characters than marvel studios itself.

Nah, I feel you. I was also speaking hypothetically. If anything, the Director for CM is pumping her up with that quote and I get it.

MCU has done wonders and I don’t doubt them at all.

i dont think shes so strong as to defeat Thanos herself but she'll def turn the tide and help the avengers

prob close to toe-to-toe with the Mad Titan then Tony or Steve get the glove and clap him :lol:

hopefully Tony tho because that would make everything come full circle

it's crazy to think that we may not even get a look at anyone with those suits on until we actually see the movie, if only footage from the first 15-20 minutes is used in advertising

Maybe Carol's the only one smart enough to go for the head

Here's what's been rumored so far
2c3e4f8517a8963c0bb20221a203618ea6866198_hq.jpg
Brah, only 4 out of those 15 are actually confirmed. None of the other 11 are “rumors”, there isn’t even an ounce of evidence they’re even being discussed :lol:

100% chance we get movies centered around some of the acquired Fox properties in Phase 4 & 5.

i dont think shes so strong as to defeat Thanos herself but she'll def turn the tide and help the avengers

prob close to toe-to-toe with the Mad Titan then Tony or Steve get the glove and clap him :lol:

hopefully Tony tho because that would make everything come full circle

No to Tony but if Steve or Thor or Nebula or Gamora or Drax has the finishing blow I wouldn't be mad

I'm not one of those Captain Marvel fans that think she will just show up and wash Thanos. But I do think she'll give Thanos a fight that's more exciting than Tiny vs Thanos or Hulk vs Thanos or Strange vs Thanos

Also

That's pretty good considering fans seem split on CM

I'm surprised Ant Man and the Wasp is top 5

Last edited:
I agree, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Ronan got beat by a dance off for Pete's sake...
Ronan was defeated by the Infinity Stone, which should make him one of the stronger villains alone in the MCU because it took an Infinity Stone to finish him off and stop the threat. Xandar was going to fall to him and he was going to wipe out the GOTG.

It's amazing some ppl wanna skip a movie so close to End Game?

I mean damn, I don't have the same excitement for every movie but I try to see every mcu movie first night, all the same :frown: If I don't like an mcu movie I probably see it just the one time.
Infinity War broke a lot of minds

Back
Top Bottom