WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

My memory is admittedly hazy to be honest. This is like '08/'09 we're talking?

I remember the Hulk comic was ended and relaunched with Red Hulk while Banner's tales solely went back to w/e Incredible Hulk(s) comic was coming out at the time. I do recall part of the dope Pak run where he's depowered and using science to kick *** after breaking out of prison and he's saving the day with his hulked out son Skaar.

That's what I basically mean, Banner wasn't largely involved with the RH stuff by the time he had his own solo. Even less so after he and others found out RH was Ross.

08 yeah. As you said, Hulk was relaunched and followed the Red Hulk as he ran into various characters for a while, but Increbidle Hulk continued, as Banner escaped captivity shortly after his first fight with Red Hulk. Both then crossed back and forth with each other for a while, and Banner's adventures with Skaar was mostly in IH.

I'd say Banner was involved in the Red Hulk thing throughout though.

Last edited:
Just looking through the phase 3 list and outside of Coogler (who I only know from Creed), and James Gunn don't really know the other writers/directors. Untested in the MCU so far. Should. Be. Interesting.

Dr Strange -- Scott Derrickson

Spidey Homecoming -- Jon Watts

BP -- Ryan Coogler

Very interesting director line-up.

Man I can't wait for BP, I love Cooglers ability to tell the story of characters through the surroundings and the energy he brings.

It's crazy that they hired a complete unknown to helm Spider-Man tho

Son must have done something to really make them believe

The Wakanda scene in CW has me so hype for BP

Last edited:
The video was needed due to the brutality of the killings. How Howard Stark died :x

Wait, another thing, why is there crystal clear HD footage of a dark road in the backwoods of Russia in 1991? :lol:

The way I took it was the fuzzier footage was what tony was watching and the clear footage was the directors showing the audience how brutal it truly was.

Loved the movie, after I watch it again, it'll probably rank as the best Marvel movie so far.

- Handled a huge cast of characters incredibly well. All the heroes had their moments to shine, had clear motivations and desires, and were handled excellently.

- Newcomers Black Panther and Spider-Man were great. Black Panther was awesome, fit right in, and more than handled his own. Spider-Man was handled really well in how he was recruited and his involvement in the fight. Easily the funniest major action sequence in a comic book movie just because of his wise cracks and quips.

- Despite the additional characters, it was a strong sequel to Winter Soldier.

Favorite moments.. Cap and Bucky in Bucky's hideout clearing the room/staircase. The humor from Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Bucky/Falcon

The Russo's really deserve a ton of credit for delivering such a great movie with so many moving parts. They had to build the divide between Cap and Iron Man, continue the story of the Winter Soldier, bring in Zemo and his threat, and then make sure all of the other heroes weren't simply hired guns but had arcs and grew throughout the movie.... Oh and introduce two new superheroes.

Even though the plan could be a bit contrived, I did appreciate how Zemo's endgame was incredibly simple. I didn't want to see another Ultron kind of disappointing villain. Someone who should  be so powerful and dangerous, but we end up having mindless drones getting killed by our heroes. In this case, his plan was just to cause dysfunction and damage the Avengers, simple enough. 

Top to bottom the movie delivered. 

Edit: And I didn't even mention how well the movie handled the idea of registration/working under the U.N. The whole idea of accountability and responsibility, while mentioned previously, hadn't been explored yet and it makes the movie more than just mindless popcorn fare. I know the debates leading up to the movie dominated the thread, but the actual substance to the conflict was really enjoyable. They didn't just manufacture a shaky issue to pit our heroes against each other, but rather the Russo's were able to illustrate genuine conflict that kept our interest.

Last edited:
When the city names were displayed that took up the whole screen, i felt like i was about to watch a Vimeo of someone going on vacation.

When the city names were displayed that took up the whole screen, i felt like i was about to watch a Vimeo of someone going on vacation.
It def was weird. Its probably something the closest I can call the Russo Bros' style with that choice. I got use to it though.

And speaking of director styles, I don't mind that their action scenes aren't that different from the look and feel of other Avenger and IM movies. It's still great.

Last edited:
Watching cap 1.. Cap really an ungrateful dude

Not only did Howard stark build the machinery that allowed the formula to be administered and make him "captain America"

Tony's dad flew the plane to Austria to help major Rodgers rescue Bucky

:smh:

The NY establishing shot and music was too dope

Cleveland didn't even get an establishing shot, just straight cut to room full of junk

8/8. Contends for best Marvel movie. Once I see it again vs Winter Soldier and IM1 it may end up being the best

Last edited:
i'm sure its been brought up already but Zemo basically did the same thing that Loki tried in Avengers 1: break up the team from within.

not eem mad though, he basically succeeded

It was also nice to see that the right person won at the end like we thought he would.

Tony really had no love for his pops. Even after watching the tape he was only mad because WS killed his mom :lol:

Tony really had no love for his pops. Even after watching the tape he was only mad because WS killed his mom
laugh.gif
The MIT clip even mentioned it. How he wished he told his dad he loved him.

Stark with the daddy issues + anyone notice that strange kiss his mom gave him?

Back
Top Bottom