WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Just watched it last night.

It's the first comic book movie I've enjoyed (let alone tolerated) in at least a decade.

Killmonger was great; we finally got a villain with real and understandable motivation instead of "I want to destroy the world and take it over just cause I can". I felt conflicted cause I admired his cause but was against him murdering and abusing everyone who questioned him.

T'chala has a real conflict that you can see both sides of; do you share your wealth and knowledge with the world, or do you risk history repeating itself with colonizers betraying you and taking everything you have?

No corny quips from the main hero every 30 seconds, no trash shwarma jokes, no garbage dance offs, no raccoons and trees with guns, no soft hero abandoning everything because of his bromance,etc.

Last edited:
Still have chills when cap was talking to tchalla and he says something and then BP says something like, “they can try” so damn cold.

After watching a second time last night I got to say:

MBJ's acting was fine. I even noticed more nuance this time. He wasn't just an angry black man all the time. His hoodness didn't seem as forced as some of you claim it to be. His angry/menacing face needs a little work though.

I literally have no other complaints except for T'Challa's cheating and rule breaking. After some reflecting he is an extremely
flawed individual. He knew who Eric was and he wasn't going to tell the court anything. He told them to take Killmonger away. He thinks he can just chase ppl in Korea cuz he wants to and he thinks he can just take back the throne cuz he wants to. Besides that, he's a stand up guy

And that ending to the movie is still really dope. It didn't even seem like a comic book movie typical ending. It seemed like an end to a emotional family arc in one of those drama movies

People who think Killmonger was hood have never met a hood person in their lives :lol: he seemed normal to me (other than being a sociopath)

As for the chase in Busan, I agree that it's ridiculous, but I'm tired of complaining about it at this point. I've come to accept that in action movies, as long as you're not nuking the entire city, you can pretty much do and destroy whatever you want without any consequences :lol:

People who think Killmonger was hood have never met a hood person in their lives :lol: he seemed normal to me (other than being a sociopath)

As for the chase in Busan, I agree that it's ridiculous, but I'm tired of complaining about it at this point. I've come to accept that in action movies, as long as you're not nuking the entire city, you can pretty much do and destroy whatever you want without any consequences :lol:
But according to the events of Civil War, superheroes aren't supposed to be doing that anymore. There's supposed to be consequences. Some heroes are considered fugitives now because of that :rolleyes

I don't acknowledge those comic book movies and think Iron Man and Captain America are beyond lame, so it doesn't matter to me. I wouldve hated this movie if they forced Tony Stark into this one like they do with most of the Marvel films. I like how you can watch this movie on its own rather than having to tie it to anything else (other than BP's father dying)

Just watched it last night.

It's the first comic book movie I've enjoyed (let alone tolerated) in at least a decade.

Killmonger was great; we finally got a villain with real and understandable motivation instead of "I want to destroy the world and take it over just cause I can". I felt conflicted cause I admired his cause but was against him murdering and abusing everyone who questioned him.

T'chala has a real conflict that you can see both sides of; do you share your wealth and knowledge with the world, or do you risk history repeating itself with colonizers betraying you and taking everything you have?

No corny quips from the main hero every 30 seconds, no trash shwarma jokes, no garbage dance offs, no raccoons and trees with guns, no soft hero abandoning everything because of his bromance,etc.
Something to ask: What did everyone think Killmonger's motivation was?

He wanted to switch the realities of white people and black people throughout the world, which I have no problem with. He just went too far with it by killing and abusing anyone who questioned him, and he got carried away with his power and thirst for revenge. After a while, it wasn't about his cause anymore.

I like how T'chala learned from Killmonger at the end but went about it the right way :pimp:

we finally got a villain with real and understandable motivation instead of "I want to destroy the world and take it over just cause I can". .

Just in phase 1:
Obadiah Stane, wanted to get rid of tony and take over the company

Ross wanted a weapon.. Blonsky/Abomination wanted physical power

Vanki/Whiplash wanted revenge for what he perceived to be a slight.. and hammer was jealous of stark

Loki wanted thor out of the way so he could take the throne

I would just like to say that it's a a shame that Naka is supposed to become a villain?

She seems so pure hearted I wonder how she would make that turn.

Yea he was lead more by his own revenge than his ideology to me. At first you think it’s his ideology that lead him but as the movie goes on his actions don’t really line up with that. Burning the garden, killing the Dora a king trying to lead people would’ve tried to defuse the situation once capturing her instead he just slit her throat in an instant and not hesitating to try to kill a 16 year old girl in Shuri who can handle handle herself but wa as 16 year old girl for ****s sake. All those actions showed me he was more lead by his revenge and hatred than his ideology.

I remember how an article wrote about how Killmonger is the mcu's magneto but I disagree. Killmonger killed indiscriminately but Magneto had more eof a code.

I would just like to say that it's a a shame that Naka is supposed to become a villain?

She seems so pure hearted I wonder how she would make that turn.

hell hath no fury like a woman....

actually nevermind, i forgot yall crew dont know nothing bout that

So I looked up the comic book version of Naka and it seems the mcu took a radical turn with her character already. Maybe she won't make that heel turn in the mcu

Something to ask: What did everyone think Killmonger's motivation was?

Good question to pose instead of the crap being discussed in here at nauseam. I think Killmonger's motivation is multifaceted. He naturally wants revenge for his father's death & his abandonment. He also wants to carry on his father's mission of fighting back against oppressors of the world.

This writer said it best regarding why I think one of the biggest reasons Killmonger resonates with a lot of people -

Erik Killmonger’s plan is one of two reasons that he’s being praised as one of the best Marvel villains to date. His motivations are so emotionally tied to his character, everything he does just feel natural for who he is. Using his black-ops skills to destabilize Wakanda and turn them all against each other is an excellent technique of divide and conquer. But it’s his awareness of the oppression in the rest of the world that really makes it hit home. He’s fighting for the common man, not just a selfish need to ascend to the throne. He genuinely believes that if he does ignite this rebellion – the Earth would be better for it.

Unfortunately, it’s not a plan founded on strong morals. Killmonger’s methods are questionable, at best, and the way he murders people with ease means that he’s undoubtedly a villain. Michael B. Jordan has brought a truly compelling character to our screens that manages to engage the audience in a conversation about the world around them — something that a comic book adaptation rarely manages to do so well.

DF318BB2-5F6A-4702-9286-E8FFF4F53F38.jpeg

The power of the box office. So apparently the IW second trailer is delayed because marvel wants to emphasize BP and Wakanda even more for its latest cut? LOL

BP is going to be the iron man of the next phase for sure

Killmonger wanted to revenge his father, take over wakanda to avenge what they did to his pops and abandoning him, but also use Wakanda to overthrow other countries that have oppressed black people

I think the whole burning the herbs thing was a measure so that no one would be able to consume the herb and overthrow him

this is what I got out of it anyway. lol

The power of the box office. So apparently the IW second trailer is delayed because marvel wants to emphasize BP and Wakanda even more for its latest cut? LOL

BP is going to be the iron man of the next phase for sure
bro don't tell me you gonna start hating t'challa the way you hate tony :lol:

Back
Top Bottom