WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Unfortunately this is hard to gauge. Chadwick is the lead in a movie that has grossed around $1.3 billion and that's overtaken (or will) Titanic. With that said, RDJ is the reason the entire MCU is successful. His cameos and appearances have raked in hundreds of millions more for films. Look at TWS. it should've done over a billion but only grossed $700 million worldwide. Add in RDJ and it grossed almost $500 million more. RDJ is a cash cow. No matter how much he's getting paid, it's arguable not enough when you look at his worth and value to the MCU.

Report is that Chadwick makes a million less than Chris Evans.

And making as much as Evans is underpaid? With just one solo film (yes a very successful one) and a feature in another? Ya gotta admit that what really drove BPs success and popularity was its cultural impact and that is not to take ANYTHING away from it....but from a studio perspective will this character continue to have the same impact in sequel films? Continue to gather the same popularity amongst merchandise that say Iron Man has?

oh Jesus Christ these posters are sick

but anyway, I never said RDJ is overpaid, he deserves every penny. I would say all the other major characters deserve more money than they have been getting. IWith that being said what the lead of the 3rd highest grossing movie is North America (thanks @Mark Antony ) history deserve should be equal to what RDJ is getting, is he going to get it because of how Hollywood is setup? no he probably wont, but off that alone he definitely should.

Tom Holland should get good money too, but Homecoming only grossed like $750 mil? + I dont know how his contract is worked between Disney and Sony.

edit* also RDJ WAS a cash cow, not anymore, dont believe me. Look at the numbers of Homecoming. with the strength of Spider-man and Iron Man they expected around 1.2 B, but only manged to pull in $750m

So in my opinion Chadwick should be the highest paid actor on the Disney side of the MCU. End of story

Chad will get his bag from other roles that he will now be offered because of BP.

So it'll work out in the long lol

Marvel ain't paying anyone like RDJ anymore man. RDJ on that Kobe legacy contract status :lol:

i don't really get in the middle of this but would Boyega and Daisy deserve $40m+ because TFA $2b and the sequel made $1.3b with the final installment likely getting $2b?

if we are going to base everything off being the star of a film and how much they make then....

I say Chadwick and Holland need to be on pace with each other, with Holland making a bit more just off the character he portrays....is ***** SPIDER-MAN.

However if the BP impact remains skrong like it has through its sequels, then cut that man his check.

i don't really get in the middle of this but would Boyega and Daisy deserve $40m+ because TFA $2b and the sequel made $1.3b with the final installment likely getting $2b?

if we are going to base everything off being the star of a film and how much they make then....

Yeah that’s all I’m saying, the film was one of a kind, in which his performance wasn’t even the best of everyone we saw...let the character mature a bit and then we can start claiming he deserves more than Evans or Hemsworth, who been working their ***** off for over a decade playing these roles

With that said I supported the BP Hot toys and dropped close to 300$ on it because it is really one of the sickest figures I’ve seen and would probably cop Killmonger/golden Jaguar, Shuri, Adoye and Mbaku if they dropped them....BP character design is BANANAS

in comparison to first movie role pay, Evans and Hemsworth got $500k in their first starring role

if Boseman is making a mil less than Evans, that's probably close to $10m now because Evans made $6m in AoU and probably in the 8 digits by now so that is a very good pay especially for a movie that they didn't really expect to make this much

but unfortunately, no one in the MCU is ever going to get what their worth because Disney is still a greedy MFer that will never overpay for an actor outside of RDJ ever again

This MFker RDJ really one of the luckiest alive :lol:

Dude went from a rehabbed alcoholic to the poster boy of the most incredible studio in cinema.

his past actually worked in his favor, he managed to get a film by film contract and pretty much hold Disney hostage by giving him back-end profits

had his past been clean and was proven reliable when he was hired, who knows what his contract would have looked like :lol:

How much have you dropped on other Marvel character hot toys?

With that said I supported the BP Hot toys and dropped close to 300$ on it because it is really one of the sickest figures I’ve seen and would probably cop Killmonger/golden Jaguar, Shuri, Adoye and Mbaku if they dropped them....BP character design is BANANAS

speaking of hot toys i just read the iron man is $400 because it has RDJ likeness and he gets a cut lol

also you can’t compare a guy like RDJ to chadwick based off the hype of one movie.

RDJ been a huge hollywood name for decades he has grounds for demanding money. plus he has leverage the entire franchise is based around him

I know revisionist history is running rampant when it comes to the success of the MCU but RDJ wasn't RDJ when he was signed to be Iron Man. Terrance Howard got paid more than him in the first movie.

I know revisionist history is running rampant when it comes to the success of the MCU but RDJ wasn't RDJ when he was signed to be Iron Man. Terrance Howard got paid more than him in the first movie.

Weird Science
Johnny Be Good
Soapdish
Chaplin (nominated for an Oscar)
Natural Born Killers
US Marshals
Ally McBeal (TV show)
Zodiac

RDJ was pretty well established as an actor, especially given his start in the early 1980's. He had the issues with drugs and what not and had to prove himself as being clean, but it's not like he was some unknown.

Yeah, it was the hesitation on if he can stay sober/maintain his image, not if he was established as an actor by the point, that held him back from that first fat check.

BEEN known RDJ was top notch.. also BEEN known dude was a screw up and got in a ton of touble

perfect casting for ironman

if you havent watched 'less than zero' i highly recommend that you do so

DZ9erT6XkAAOuna.jpg

eif8z393xxp01.jpg

DZ9e5-TVwAYpiBT.jpg

xf4oc5moxxp01.jpg

su50bq8bxxp01.jpg

get

08iylnaqxxp01.jpg

356z4k9ixxp01.jpg

Mzw8f9N.jpg

1pymo0h.jpg

A7wPRVL.jpg

Weird Science
Johnny Be Good
Soapdish
Chaplin (nominated for an Oscar)
Natural Born Killers
US Marshals
Ally McBeal (TV show)
Zodiac

RDJ was pretty well established as an actor, especially given his start in the early 1980's. He had the issues with drugs and what not and had to prove himself as being clean, but it's not like he was some unknown.

this right here.

it is weird to hear revisionist history of an era you grew up in, especially in a time now where accurate information is at our fingertips....be it phone or computer

i almost thought you left some of his best movies off your list, but they didnt come out til after IM1

oh Jesus Christ these posters are sick

but anyway, I never said RDJ is overpaid, he deserves every penny. I would say all the other major characters deserve more money than they have been getting. IWith that being said what the lead of the 3rd highest grossing movie is North America (thanks @Mark Antony ) history deserve should be equal to what RDJ is getting, is he going to get it because of how Hollywood is setup? no he probably wont, but off that alone he definitely should.

Tom Holland should get good money too, but Homecoming only grossed like $750 mil? + I dont know how his contract is worked between Disney and Sony.

edit* also RDJ WAS a cash cow, not anymore, dont believe me. Look at the numbers of Homecoming. with the strength of Spider-man and Iron Man they expected around 1.2 B, but only manged to pull in $750m

Spider-Man is a different case tho. 3 different installments, 3 different Peter Parker's, 3 different Spidey's. If you think those numbers are low, imagine what Homecoming would've done without him, because Iron Man only helped that films gross.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah in the years leading up to IM and Tropic Thunder he wasn't doing anything that major. Kiss Kiss is the only thing I remember from the early 00's up until 08 when he had IM, Tropic Thunder and was pretty good in Charlie Bartlett too

Back
Top Bottom