WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

What made them go from that, to taking hulk out?

I didn't read every page (about 7 pages) but why are people so surprised that the heroes were upgraded power wise
Thor needs no explanation if you saw ragnarock
Tony has more and better tech, knows his body better.
Spiderman always been kinda OP and had the iron suit.
Wanda is more confident with her powers and been training.
Cap and co probably been doing little savior missions this whole time.
Dr. Strange had literally JUST got his power in his own movie and spends the day meditating and researching.

The Hulk thing is the only thing that was a bit off, but again when you think about it. we went from 2008 (nortons movie) Him being savage hulk. To him getting more and more human. Banner being able to bring him out at will and hulk having a mind has always been a weaker hulk from the comics. Thats why I think my theory i had a few days ago will come out in A4 where he will truly go back to mindless hulk and wreck stuff next film..

fell asleep watching last night, so going rewatch some more now.
i have no link btw for those PM. I rent it**

“What do they do?” - Tony
“Kicking names and taking ***” -Mantis

Tony
2AF4B658-3D7F-42E4-9329-4757FE83A9CE.gif

The ending took place exactly as it should imo. Yes it sucks but I felt the same way when LORT 1 ended. I’m more losses I can’t see it right away. If this was one movie it would be trash.

My main problem is the reasons to why things “stopped” from happening.

In terms of the balance of story, and making you feel for the individuals and their own personal involvement, the comedy and references, then focusing on the group as a whole, the Russo brothers did an A1 job imo. It's difficult to do. The battle scenes gave me a Braveheart kind of feel. That part was dope to me also. Not trying to start any fires here, but this makes JL look even worse now lol.

The ending took place exactly as it should imo. Yes it sucks but I felt the same way when LORT 1 ended. I’m more losses I can’t see it right away. If this was one movie it would be trash.

My main problem is the reasons to why things “stopped” from happening.

Wasn't feeling the ending either and I posted it earlier. Here's my quick take on WHY it didn't work since I feel you kinda have the same criticism (right down to calling this film a cartoon, which is weird)

I'll put it like this (and I promise it will be the last time I talk about the abrupt ending).

Back to the Future Part 2: It ends with the DeLorean getting struck by lightning and disappearing. We don't know what happened but at the last minute,, we are explained that Doc was sent back to the past so Marty needs to travel back in time to save him. There's a sense of finality and direction with just the right amount of teasing for the next film.

Kill Bill Vol.1: It ends with Beatrix slaughtering the 88 Gang, O-Ren, and basically half way through her kill list. At the last minute, we are finally shown Bill and we as an audience find out her daughter is still alive. Again; there's a sense of finality and direction with just the right amount of teasing for Vol. 2.

Infinity War on the other hand

Ends with Thanos collecting all the Infinity Stones so he is basically a god. Snaps his fingers and half the universe is dying. Hey, great stuff. No complaints so far. Love the montage of heroes dying in piles of ash too. However, after this, our main characters have no idea what to do. Not even a semblance of a plan. Some will argue that it's bleak and that's the point. But to me, it was akin to a Saturday morning cartoon show. Only thing missing was "How will our heroes survive this encounter? Tune in next week for the continuing adventures".

Film was meh...of course there were some things I loved like Thor, Thanos and the ending but overall wasn't entertained like I have been for other mcu films. No desire to watch it again.

Shared sentiments. Kept it a buck and I appreciate your opinion @mr z

Its awlwys that one person

It’s more than one

wasn't the Hulk in the previews or am I buggin?

You’re not bugging at all. Don’t know why they protected the lack of Hulk from being spoiled.

To not even try was extremely disappointing, and not really indicative of a true “Hero”

I imagine he has a gigantic role in A4 to make up for that.

I feel like what they did to Hulk is one of the bigger glaring faults of the movie. Hulk getting folded should’ve made him angrier not scared. Even if you get him out the paint for most of the movie he should’ve been craving that rematch and I don’t think anyone would’ve mind seein Hulk get beaten up again. His role in A4 could be redeeming but unless Hulk is gonna be the star of that film I don’t know how you make up for this disrespect they showed his character.

Agreed with everything you said except this part.

The more I watch that part,, the cheesier it comes off. Kinda glad they left it out tbh

It's no 360 shot from the first Avengers, that's for sure.

That scene just exudes comic book triumph to me. It’s like they were running to their doom but no one was afraid. The set up was so perfect with Vision in the forrest with Corvus. Had they just left Thor to deal with the remaining outriders and Steve Rogers started running to the forrest and then everyone began running behind him and they slow-mo’d that ****...that would’ve been chills on par with the 360 pan from A1 or Vision popping off the slow mo choreographed fight from A2. With the Silvestri’s theme blaring at that?? Come on man, I agree it’s cheesy but it’s that good cheesy that makes you smile and be like “aight, aight” :lol:

Anyone else just becoming a bigger M’Baku fan? Something about that character and that actor always just gives good presence on screen. Even tho he’s a C list character right now, I was happy to see he didn’t vanish :lol:

I think he becomes a badass villain in A4.

Yo my fiances family just ruined the God damn movie for me. I' deadass pissed. I'e been waiting for this **** since I was a ****ing kid. Yo. If it wasnt over the phone I would choke son.

Anybody that ruins a movie like this for someone else can eat a whole **** with sprinkles deadass.

God damnit

I already couldn' see it on my birthday ****ing around with her fam. Had the tickets and everything and they came in from out of town and wanted to come but as everyone knows **** is sold out.
So I had to settle for today at 7:30.
Now this.

I know nobody cares but I had to vent. On God, **** that *****. ****ing clown.
Just saw this. It's people doing shenanigans like that which is why I always try to watch these things on the first night it comes out...

Come on man, I agree it’s cheesy but it’s that good cheesy that makes you smile and be like “aight, aight” :lol:

Haha yeah, I mean I don't hate it.

And at the end of the day, these are comic book movies. I definitely would have gone ape-sh*t if I was like 5 years old and that shot came up on the big screen

Oh yeah, Heimdall getting Hulk out of the paint makes perfect sense if you've paid attention to all of the movies.

He specifically uttered some words and said something to the effect of black magic. He used to summon the bifrost. We all should know Loki has been using black magic and all other means to go to Earth and other places since the first Thor movie and basically used one way in the Dark World.

Heimdall can see all type of ****. Not farfetched he's learned or figured out other means to use magic for something as simple as transport. Dude was weakened, beat and uses his last of his power to save Hulk. No over thinking needed.
Was Thanos the villain tho? Seemed like the hero of his own story to me.

Infinity War is top 3 MCU movie for me. Really enjoyed it, black order was so weak haha but in what other movie do “henchmen/goons” ever do anything significant.
Definitely the hero of his own story. He feels completely justified.

Given he just committed genocide on a universal scale I'm gonna say yeah he's still THE villain.

Last edited:
no one cried at spiderman death... They stole Tony's death from me. Spiderman was the next bet stark fan that needed to go.

btw Team Thanos... where was he wrong?

Went to the hood spot to avoid the crowds. You get what you pay for I guess. I had a great view but c'mon fam...it's 2018, why are we still bringing babies to the movies and a 2.5 hour movie at that. A large family with a kid and a talkative special needs relative. They accounted for most of the noise. Luckily after about a half an hour, they got that baby tf up outta there or put it to sleep, I don't know but **** got quiet.

As for the movie, I enjoyed it, loved that we got a ton of Thanos in it. Loved that we finally got a truly worthy adversary who gave no *** and put in work.

Thought the Black Order was dope but they got washed a bit too easily. Ebony Maw was the **** when he showed up in NYC but they gave him that Bane-esque send off. Black Widow fighting off aliens, c'mon son?! Her and Hawkeye should have both caught that fade. And where was Legolas?

Did not like Hulk getting ****ed. I don't know if they're setting up a Hulk movie with him trying to get his mojo back but him being shook is not the Hulk way.

Guardians brought the lulz and the tears. I think my ***** Rocket Rabbit about to level up. He lost his whole squad. Enough is enough.

I had a feeling BP would go (he dies in the Infinity Gauntlet comic arc too) but still felt like a bit of a gut punch especially coming off the BP hype train from earlier this year.

They took my ***** Spider-Man. Huge L for Queens, probably bigger than when DJ Envy came at The Brand. But if the comics are any indication, characters will come back. Dr. Strange is playing the long game, pause.

I was grinning from ear to ear at the end. Seeing the casuals visually upset by the ending was pleasing on some Despotic Nerd ****. That Finger Snap is legendary.

Loved the post credit scene but hated waiting an infinity for it. Makes me want to see the Captain Marvel now, smart move, Marvel.

Might see this again at AMC Lincoln Square with all the rich Whites who don't want to integrate their elementary schools

Last edited:
I didn’t “not like” the ending. I thought it was actually kinda nice. My main “problem”, if you even want to call it that, is the multitude of ways things could of stopped but didn’t for weak reasons IMO. The plot armor was strong

Haha yeah, I mean I don't hate it.

And at the end of the day, these are comic book movies. I definitely would have gone ape-sh*t if I was like 5 years old and that shot came up on the big screen
To me that shot y'all talking about wasn't even my favorite part of the trailer. Maybe it was cuz it didn't have all the Avengers in there.

Circle shot in A1>that shot

Nah Thanos not dethroning Heath....I really don’t think any villain could...Thanos comes close but I think the fact that he’s CGI’d is the reason he doesn’t top Heath..

Naw thanos killed that role.. the only reason heath gets so much praise is he died doing that role.. and honestly bane killed that villaine role in the sequel which was a tough act to follow after heath

Back
Top Bottom