WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Marvel OtterBox Cases:
Only the Iron Man one glows in the dark.
4A284BD8-E315-46F8-B3F7-D7023F9FB191.jpeg
92C12B4B-41AF-45DC-8B7A-6DD5C0A0449F.jpeg

5876EBB5-7833-4E4E-BF19-243A6A92713B.jpeg

F88A7F2F-9E36-4664-8C8A-690AE66FBF88.jpeg

057729C5-1A25-4EFF-8260-4451AA0C2437.jpeg

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/ipho...srule=highest-rated&sz=8&prefv1=Apple&start=6

What about those of us still stuck in the dark ages with an Iphone 6? Smh. I need that Iron Man case!

Although, a Hayley Atwell case with those fun bags would be just as nice

Reach up to 2bill lol....I’m gonna need some of y’all to learn how wording works. Surprised at THR and screen rant for posting click bait without actual numbers and trends. This is about to get awkward...

Reach up to 2bill lol....I’m gonna need some of y’all to learn how wording works. Surprised at THR and screen rant for posting click bait without actual numbers and trends. This is about to get awkward...
Since you're so in love with numbers

The film earned an additional $22 million overseas, bringing its global cume to $1.198.9 billion. It should be passing $1.2 billion worldwide by the end of this sentence, and it’ll pass the $1.215b total of Iron Man 3 today. while placing it above Fate of the Furious ($1.236b) by tomorrow to take the 13th spot on the all-time grossers list. It should be over the $1.263b cume of Beauty and the Beast and just under $1.295b before it lands in China for a whopper of a weekend that might just help put the film over The Avengers’ $1.519b global total by Sunday. Yes, the $2 billion worldwide milestone is absolutely in play, but that’s a conversation for tomorrow.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...ops-age-of-ultron-and-star-wars/#6a98b2fd5bc7

Hey thread. Don't forget lamekilla said 'this movie will be lucky to hit 1.6 billion'

His words.

Last edited:
i think breaking records and being neck to neck with TFA (which made $2b) are the numbers and trend they presented

i believe the film is currently at $1.2b already and AoU made $240m in China alone so getting $300m for IW might be a given at this point or $200m at the least optimistic number

it'll probably make another $70m-$80m this weekend and drop to around $40m-$50m once DP2 comes out next week, another $200m internationally outside of China is still a possibility too

so it's definitely in play to reach $2b

E everysingletime so you read in that same Forbes article that you also specifically chose to highlight its closing paragraph that a 35% weekend drop would be needed to keep in line with Jurassic world’s Domestic gross and if you just did a 57% from first weekend to second weekend, how do you do lower than a 45% drop from second weekend to 3rd weekend? Also there is a lot of stock being placed into china’s box office. It’s opening will be big just off of presales alone, similar to America. But I’m very curious to see how it holds.

Yup. It's a given that IW will be the biggest summer grosser of all time..

Jurassic World's 1.6 billion is done-zo

All those huge 2 billion movies were end of calendar year releases where there's no competition.

E everysingletime so you read in that same Forbes article that you also specifically chose to highlight its closing paragraph that a 35% weekend drop would be needed to keep in line with Jurassic world’s Domestic gross and if you just did a 57% from first weekend to second weekend, how do you do lower than a 45% drop from second weekend to 3rd weekend? Also there is a lot of stock being placed into china’s box office. It’s opening will be big just off of presales alone, similar to America. But I’m very curious to see how it holds.
He didn't say a 35 percent drop was needed...he said a 35 percent drop would make all this 'merely fun with math' and take the drama out of the race.

Also Avengers 1 dropped in the 50-55 percent its second weekend but dropped 35 second in its third weekend so don't act like it's impossible.

Your hatred of this movie is off the charts man

But I’m very curious to see how it holds

i do think it'll hold up well

AoU made $240m and iirc CW made $180m, i can't imagine it not beating CW numbers, AoU alone opened with $155m

plus China seems to love bigger destruction type films and IW is right on par with that and just multiplies AoU to the hundredth degree

though admittedly they had that one asian chick in AoU but I am not sure how big of a part that played in it's BO run considering her really small role but we shall see

i think breaking records and being neck to neck with TFA (which made $2b) are the numbers and trend they presented

i believe the film is currently at $1.2b already and AoU made $240m in China alone so getting $300m for IW might be a given at this point or $200m at the least optimistic number

it'll probably make another $70m-$80m this weekend and drop to around $40m-$50m once DP2 comes out next week, another $200m internationally outside of China is still a possibility too

so it's definitely in play to reach $2b

This weekend’s domestic drop will determine everything truthfully. That first week to second week drop was instrumental in it cracking anything over 1.7 bil. It opened about 8 mil bigger than TFA but made about 30 mil less than TFA in its second week and TFA didn’t have the competition on its heels as IW. It did 1.1 international and 936 Domestic for a 2 billi gross. IW would literally have to replicate that trend for trend and off its 2nd weekend it fell off track. I’m having a hard time seeing IW doing 650 Domestic let alone the 900+ TFA did. The international numbers can be similar but again everything is predicated on China. If china needs to do 250+ mil for the film to surpass A1 and Jurassic world. It did that with AoU but this film isn’t as enjoyable imo. China should’ve eaten Civil War up with Spider-Man and Iron man at the forefront but even that film did 180 mil and it’s due to the back to back release of AoU and CW. Very similar to the domestic box office trend.

China is also goo goo ga ga over IM and not as big on Captain America. So that'd explain their coolness on CW

No way IW doing less than CW in China if that's what you're implying :lol:

Also CW was anti-government oversight. You really think that's be popular in China?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be worried at all about Comcast trying to spoil the party. I’m sure the Disney/Fox will get it down by the end of 2019 summer as reported by many. On the recent Deadpool trailer Fox execs told producers to take out jokes made about the mouse and Disney meaning; Fox would not allow Deadpool poke fun on Disney/Mickey Mouse. But allowed Deadpool to poke fun at DC and marvel characters. MCU will get their characters either way I believe. I mean doors are opening; Marvel already slowly bringing back fantastic four through the comic books his summer and doing more stuff with X-men with the “LOGAN” story podcast which to me is setting up their stories for their MCU appearances in the near future.

Not worried a bit.

He didn't say a 35 percent drop was needed...he said a 35 percent drop would make all this 'merely fun with math' and take the drama out of the race.

Also Avengers 1 dropped in the 50-55 percent its second weekend but dropped 35 second in its third weekend so don't act like it's impossible.

Your hatred of this movie is off the charts man

His fun with math is what led to his numbers that were greater than Jurassic world but he used a very generous multiplier that isn’t realistic based off the first weekend to second weekend trend. 72.8 mil third weekend is what this film would need for those numbers and I’m predicting around 65-68 mil 3rd weekend which is more in line with a 48% drop which is even still more generous seeing that it did 57% drop in its second weekend. I don’t “hate” this film. I just feel like this isn’t the film it was touted as being, not just from us but from Marvel themselves and for that, I’m disappointed. My expectations were high but realistic especially with the budget. Minimal scale, minimal action and questions as to why Star-Lord put Spider-Man in a headlock are just the tip of the iceberg in the shortcomings of this film for me.

i do think it'll hold up well

AoU made $240m and iirc CW made $180m, i can't imagine it not beating CW numbers, AoU alone opened with $155m

plus China seems to love bigger destruction type films and IW is right on par with that and just multiplies AoU to the hundredth degree

though admittedly they had that one asian chick in AoU but I am not sure how big of a part that played in it's BO run considering her really small role but we shall see

The opening will be big. I’ll go as far as to say that the opening alone will rival CW’s total gross in China. I’m predicting anywhere from a $175-$190 opening for China but they are brutal with second week and progressive drops. Homecoming was probably the model MCU film for that. If there isn’t scale and destruction in a film it seems they are quick to dismiss it. This film has little any of that. Conversely it’s why Transformers makes so much money over there. Benedict Wong may be able to fill that role for representation there as well. Very curious.

Back
Top Bottom