WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

so did marvel sell spidey and hulk at one point? to sony/universal?

how does the umbella superhero company not own the heroes?

Eating pancakes and ****
tenor.gif

I mean they can still "fix" or improve upon him, but I think he will need to go back to normal Banner.

He is weaker than Banner and not as smart either so would be a step down. Only reason they would go that route is if they want a younger actor.
It’s all good he’s asian bro
I need some Asians on screen for the culture :lol:

Sony owns the rights and gets all the profits. Marvel is just allowed to use him and make the movies. It was a 5 film deal and FFH is the 5th movie (Civil War, Homecoming, IW, EG).
Damn this must be annoying in making thr story line for the next 10 years. But why wouldn’t Sony lend him since marvel is doing it right and it’s gonna make TONS of money. But with them making venom and it being financially successful as well as spiderverse...they may feel confident to do it themselves. I def don’t want to see Tom Holland’s Spider-Man going into the venom movie and vice versa.

So Sony gets a cut out of Endgame, IW, etc?

So basically Marvel taking a loss everytime they do a solo Spidey movie.

So Sony gets a cut out of Endgame, IW, etc?

So basically Marvel taking a loss everytime they do a solo Spidey movie.
I thought I read Sony only gets profit from the solo Spidey films and not any of the films he shows up in.

I want to say Disney gets a good amount of money through the merchandising alone.

devastating. Should've put a time limit on it. They must not have believed they'd bounce back.
Yeah, I think it was during the time the comic book market crashed and sales weren't keeping Marvel afloat.

devastating. Should've put a time limit on it. They must not have believed they'd bounce back.

It kinda did/does. If they don't have a film in production every 5 years the rights revert back to Marvel Studios. That's what happened with Ghost Rider, Daredevil and I want to say Blade. Kinda null and void now since Fox was purchased by Disney.

It kinda did/does. If they don't have a film in production every 5 years the rights revert back to Marvel Studios. That's what happened with Ghost Rider, Daredevil and I want to say Blade. Kinda null and void now since Fox was purchased by Disney.
Yup, that's why Fox made that trash F4 movie just to keep the rights.

You'll be surprised how petty these studios are. If Sony doesn't reup the Spidey deal with Marvel, best believe its purely because of ego and pettiness.
With Sony's success with Into The Spider-Verse and Venom, I wouldn't be surprised if they play hardball in working out a new deal for Spider-Man in the MCU.

Sony has lent spiderman to marvel for 3 team up movies and 3 solo movies. Sony keeps a hundred percent of the solo movie profits, marvel studios produces the movies for Sony. After that marvel and Sony got to renegotiate for marvel to continue using him.

Crazy. I never knew in-depth about all this "contract" stuff. The whole irony in these situations are comical to me. :lol:

PO

With Sony's success with Into The Spider-Verse and Venom, I wouldn't be surprised if they play hardball in working out a new deal for Spider-Man in the MCU.
sooo...if sony says to Marvel, sorry pals we are gonna do it all ourselves. do they still use Holland? spidey new suit? etc?

so does disney own the xmen? because they were fox right? who is producing the phoenix film? fox's last one?

sooo...if sony says to Marvel, sorry pals we are gonna do it all ourselves. do they still use Holland? spidey new suit? etc?
From what I read yesterday, Holland is under contract with Marvel/Disney. The use of Spider-Man is in Sony's control.
I can see that too, but personally, I think they'd risk losing Holland doing that.
Yeah, I hope they don't lose Holland and contract talks go smoothly for Spidey/Holland to be a staple in the MCU for years.
so does disney own the xmen? because they were fox right? who is producing the phoenix film? fox's last one?
Yeah, Disney now have the rights to X-Men and F4 through the Fox deal.

So after FFH, Marvel/Holland's contract will be up for Spiderman after they do one more movie?
Are there any other characters besides Hulk that Marvel have to do these type of deals with? Since Disney acquired Fox, F4 & X-Men are theirs now right?

PO

Theres no reason sony shouldnt keep going with the deal unless the movies are bad.

They need to incorporate Venom into a Spider-Man movie also, at least.

Back
Top Bottom