WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Speaking with SUPER Interessante at CCXP, co-director Anthony Russo fielded a question regarding whether any of The Defenders could realistically appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Instead of going into the likelihood of it actually happening, Russo chooses to touch on how difficult it would be to actually make it happen.

SUPER: The Marvel Cinematic Universe that we see in theaters today is much bigger than the one we first saw with The Avengers. There are many more heroes and there are new pieces being added with the ABC TV series and the Netflix series. How do you organize it? Is there a chance we see Jessica Jones battling Thanos (the villain) in Infinity War?

Anthony Russo: It's complicated. When we start to serialize the telling of stories it's difficult. You have to have a lot of control and focus on the course of history. The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others. Then there is the possibility of a crossover, but it's more complicated. It is a smaller scale version of the problem that exists when remembering that Fox holds the rights to some of Marvel's most popular characters, as does Sony and others. As storytellers, we only have control over what happens in Marvel movies, but everything is possible, Spider-Man (whose rights were held by Sony) became possible!

I couple of times while i was watching Creed i tried to imagine Coogler's take on Wakanda...

He's gonna ******* kill it. This guy's career doesn't have a ceiling.
Is Coogler confirmed as BP director?

I don't know many other directors who got a major studio film on their 3rd try. Kudos.
Colin Trevorrow got Jurassic World after just one hollywood film under his belt

before that he had a short film and documentary 
Personally didn't like JW. Coogler is 2 for 2 for me.

He almost directed Episode VII too.
Trank or Trevorrow?

I know Trank got kicked off of the whole SW team right around his meltdown filming F4.

Speaking with SUPER Interessante at CCXP, co-director Anthony Russo fielded a question regarding whether any of The Defenders could realistically appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Instead of going into the likelihood of it actually happening, Russo chooses to touch on how difficult it would be to actually make it happen.

SUPER: The Marvel Cinematic Universe that we see in theaters today is much bigger than the one we first saw with The Avengers. There are many more heroes and there are new pieces being added with the ABC TV series and the Netflix series. How do you organize it? Is there a chance we see Jessica Jones battling Thanos (the villain) in Infinity War?

Anthony Russo: It's complicated. When we start to serialize the telling of stories it's difficult. You have to have a lot of control and focus on the course of history. The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others. Then there is the possibility of a crossover, but it's more complicated. It is a smaller scale version of the problem that exists when remembering that Fox holds the rights to some of Marvel's most popular characters, as does Sony and others. As storytellers, we only have control over what happens in Marvel movies, but everything is possible, Spider-Man (whose rights were held by Sony) became possible!
Sounds a bit more like what I thought was right RFX.

It's funny though, now that I've seen the netflix shows I would like some of those guys to at least cameo in some big fight scene.

Last edited:

I couple of times while i was watching Creed i tried to imagine Coogler's take on Wakanda...

He's gonna ******* kill it. This guy's career doesn't have a ceiling.
Is Coogler confirmed as BP director?

I don't know many other directors who got a major studio film on their 3rd try. Kudos.
Colin Trevorrow got Jurassic World after just one hollywood film under his belt

before that he had a short film and documentary 
Personally didn't like JW. Coogler is 2 for 2 for me.
JW had a lot of problems but it was a well directed movie

some really cool shots and the way he directed the dumb action made up for a sub par script 

Trank or Trevorrow?

I know Trank got kicked off of the whole SW team right around his meltdown filming F4.
Trevorrow.

Brad Bird was Lucasfilm's first choice but he was busy working on Tomorrowland so he was going to have Colin Trevorrow do all the pre-production prep for him but then he eventually just flat out turned them down. After that Lucasfilm considered Trevorrow just off of Bird's level of trust in him.

Last edited:

He basically got Jurassic World and Episode IX all because of Bird's recommendation lol
On that note, what's good with Bird? Tomorrowland was a bust, but Incredibles 2 =
smokin.gif

Hes going to get on that chris evans workout plan
I was incredibly surprised with how Tomorrowland turned out. Thought it was going to be the goods.

i was told it was a decent movie, can you give me a quick review

tomorrowland was a decent film, a little heavy on the message but it was a good message so I didnt mind too much

action was well directed and special effects were cool 

Tomorrowland lacked excitement. I understood what they wre going for, but they lacked execution. I think they relied too much on mystery and not enough on action. They should've worked harder to streamline the movie. The movie ran too long. I like long movies if it was fun throughout, but it wasn't. The ending was good to me. Probably a 6/10 to me.

The best part about the movie was the little girl. If there was more of her kicking butt in the movie, it would've been a 7/10 for me, maybe.

Last edited:

Trank or Trevorrow?

not 100% on this but I think trev was set to direct Ep 8 while Trank was lined up for boba fett 

Trank or Trevorrow?

Trevorrow.

Brad Bird was Lucasfilm's first choice but he was busy working on Tomorrowland so he was going to have Colin Trevorrow do all the pre-production prep for him but then he eventually just flat out turned them down. After that Lucasfilm considered Trevorrow just off of Bird's level of trust in him.
More interested in Trevorrow now.

I should get around to watching JW :lol:

Brad Bird is bugging. Tomorrowland :smh:

Tomorrowland lacked excitement. I understood what they wre going for, but they lacked execution. I think they relied too much on mystery and not enough on action. They should've worked harder to streamline the movie. The movie ran too long. I like long movies if it was fun throughout, but it wasn't. The ending was good to me. Probably a 6/10 to me.

The best part about the movie was the little girl. If there was more of her kicking butt in the movie, it would've been a 7/10 for me, maybe.

Just saw this movie a few weeks ago and I was letdown. Was really looking forward to it, but it didn't hold up. Not a bad film, but I felt the ending was rushed. I actually think it either should've been longer or them actually getting to Tomorrowland should've happened sooner.

Thanos too scared to post in here. He's not built for conflict, let alone lay the smackdown on anyone.

Cap on the other hand..

Last edited:
Rumored plot of the Spidey film but i sounds like someone stayed up late binging the cartoon
I saw Devin Faraci's tweet about the villains for the upcoming Spider-Man. I have some information about the villains. Do keep in mind that Devin and my sources don't know much as the script is still being worked on and will likely still be worked on, so you should never expect these things as final until official word comes out.

The main villain will actually be Norman Osborn with J. Jonah Jameson and Scorpion also being featured. The film will have him declaring Spider-Man a public menace and placing a very public bounty on his head. The bounty draws out various criminals. Many of these criminals will not become the villains they become, but we will see Sandman, Electro, and even Mysterio before they become villains. Jonah hires Mac Gargan, who is not Scorpion yet but rather a PI.

During a tailing of Spider-Man, Gargan starts to learn more about Spider-Man and gets close to finding out who he is. However we find out Spider-Man knew all along. He finds out Jonah hired him and webs Gargan to the outside of the Daily Bugle, mocking both Jonah and Gargan. Both have a massive ego and are driven by this to defeat and expose Spider-Man.

Norman Osborn, who believes Spider-Man is his property and wants Spider-Man back; sees on the news of Gargan's defeat. He pulls up Gargan's medical records and deems him fit for his program. He offers to enhance Gargan with what is the Scorpion armor and formula. Norman, Jonah, and Gargan agree to take down Spider-Man.

Mac becomes Scorpion and is commanded by Jonah and Osborn to bring Spider-Man to them. At this point, Scorpion becomes the primary villain He nearly defeats Spider-Man once at Mid-Town High School, but Spider-Man escapes, the second time Gargan defeats Spider-Man and brings him to Osborn and Jonah.

Jonah simply wants to expose Spider-Man, but sees that Osborn and Gargan plan on testing on Spider-Man/Peter and find out why he was a success so Osborn can create super powered villains to sell to HYDRA. Realizing that Spider-Man is a force for good, Jonah frees him and they both escape. Once Peter is awake he takes Jonah back to the Daily Bugle.

Final fight is at Daily Bugle as Scorpion has been enhanced further by Osborn is now insane and simply wants to kill Spider-Man and Jonah. Spider-Man defeats Scorpion.

The film ends with Norman wanting to proceed with using a formula, but as word has gotten out about Scorpion, he is only able to test the formula on himself.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/HulkstaTheatre/news/?a=127702

Rumored plot of the Spidey film but i sounds like someone stayed up late binging the cartoon
I saw Devin Faraci's tweet about the villains for the upcoming Spider-Man. I have some information about the villains. Do keep in mind that Devin and my sources don't know much as the script is still being worked on and will likely still be worked on, so you should never expect these things as final until official word comes out.

The main villain will actually be Norman Osborn with J. Jonah Jameson and Scorpion also being featured. The film will have him declaring Spider-Man a public menace and placing a very public bounty on his head. The bounty draws out various criminals. Many of these criminals will not become the villains they become, but we will see Sandman, Electro, and even Mysterio before they become villains. Jonah hires Mac Gargan, who is not Scorpion yet but rather a PI.

During a tailing of Spider-Man, Gargan starts to learn more about Spider-Man and gets close to finding out who he is. However we find out Spider-Man knew all along. He finds out Jonah hired him and webs Gargan to the outside of the Daily Bugle, mocking both Jonah and Gargan. Both have a massive ego and are driven by this to defeat and expose Spider-Man.

Norman Osborn, who believes Spider-Man is his property and wants Spider-Man back; sees on the news of Gargan's defeat. He pulls up Gargan's medical records and deems him fit for his program. He offers to enhance Gargan with what is the Scorpion armor and formula. Norman, Jonah, and Gargan agree to take down Spider-Man.

Mac becomes Scorpion and is commanded by Jonah and Osborn to bring Spider-Man to them. At this point, Scorpion becomes the primary villain He nearly defeats Spider-Man once at Mid-Town High School, but Spider-Man escapes, the second time Gargan defeats Spider-Man and brings him to Osborn and Jonah.

Jonah simply wants to expose Spider-Man, but sees that Osborn and Gargan plan on testing on Spider-Man/Peter and find out why he was a success so Osborn can create super powered villains to sell to HYDRA. Realizing that Spider-Man is a force for good, Jonah frees him and they both escape. Once Peter is awake he takes Jonah back to the Daily Bugle.

Final fight is at Daily Bugle as Scorpion has been enhanced further by Osborn is now insane and simply wants to kill Spider-Man and Jonah. Spider-Man defeats Scorpion.

The film ends with Norman wanting to proceed with using a formula, but as word has gotten out about Scorpion, he is only able to test the formula on himself.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/HulkstaTheatre/news/?a=127702
Sounds like a classic spidey story to me. I'd be down for this.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom