WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Disney Said To Be "Unimpressed" With NEW MUTANTS; DEADPOOL May Alternate Between R & PG-13

According to Variety, Disney is largely unimpressed with John Boone's upcoming X-Men spinoff The New Mutants, and believes it has "limited box office potential." The film is currently set for an April 2020 theatrical release, but, as far as we know, still requires some reshoots. If this report is accurate, it doesn't sound like Fox's new corporate parent is going to have much interest in forking out for any additional photography!

As for Deadpool, Disney is still said to be "grappling" with how to integrate The Merc With a Mouth into the MCU, and is trying to find a way for the character to "move seamlessly between Avengers spinoffs and bloody, profane stand-alone adventures."

That certainly sounds like we could end up getting the best of both worlds, with a toned down Wade Wilson joining Earth's Mightiest Heroes, while the hard-R Merc we know as love continues to slice 'n dice his way through his own solo movies.

Lol they already put that into motion.

IMG_20190813_144443.jpg
Steelbook picked up today.. testing it out in the theater room

IMG_20190813_122536.jpg

Last edited:
namor kinda lame. Then they got the typical martial artist character we always see. I guess there's no character with cool powers or weapons for an asian to play.
Haha you're not wrong though, my immediate reaction to him was that he's pretty much Marvel's Aquaman until I found out DC might've been the ones copying Marvel. Namor being played by an Asian person isn't crazy though and it seems many have made that connection. I agree that I'd rather see Amadeus' version of the Hulk or Sunfire as "the Asian Marvel hero", but I trust their judgement on whatever this is. If they decided to use Namor, I'm sure MCU would have to use him in ways that is different from how DCEU did with Mamoa's Aquaman.

Namor should be asian based on his ambiguous and comical look in the comics but if Marvel were going to make him Asian than we wouldn't be getting Shang Chi right now. Namor is way more of a bigger and more prestigious Marvel character.

Namor should be asian based on his ambiguous and comical look in the comics but if Marvel were going to make him Asian than we wouldn't be getting Shang Chi right now. Namor is way more of a bigger and more prestigious Marvel character.

What’s wrong with the MCU having 2 main Asian male heroes?

Anyways Namor should be Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or someone other than another white dude.

What’s wrong with the MCU having 2 main Asian male heroes?

Anyways Namor should be Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or someone other than another white dude.

Nothing wrong with it in the least. But Namor is the better IP to introduce in terms of an Asian lead because he’s more well known, more involved in the greater Marvel universe and a lot of stereotypical pitfalls that Marvel has to be careful not to fall into with Shang Chi would’ve been avoided with Namor because you aren’t adopting Asian themes with Atlantis. On top of that, Namor is the first mutant ever introduced in Marvel comics. That segue was just too perfect to overlook.

i skipped best buy and the steelbook this time and went with target that comes with the book

its probably in stock in store too but its also too late to cancel

bestbuy usually ships it early and then it arrives on release date or the day after the latest, i thought target would do the same

might just return and get this instead:
6354135_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Disney Said To Be "Unimpressed" With NEW MUTANTS; DEADPOOL May Alternate Between R & PG-13

According to Variety, Disney is largely unimpressed with John Boone's upcoming X-Men spinoff The New Mutants, and believes it has "limited box office potential." The film is currently set for an April 2020 theatrical release, but, as far as we know, still requires some reshoots. If this report is accurate, it doesn't sound like Fox's new corporate parent is going to have much interest in forking out for any additional photography!

As for Deadpool, Disney is still said to be "grappling" with how to integrate The Merc With a Mouth into the MCU, and is trying to find a way for the character to "move seamlessly between Avengers spinoffs and bloody, profane stand-alone adventures."

That certainly sounds like we could end up getting the best of both worlds, with a toned down Wade Wilson joining Earth's Mightiest Heroes, while the hard-R Merc we know as love continues to slice 'n dice his way through his own solo movies.
Please just cancel New Mutants already.

Back
Top Bottom