WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I'm not for the race changing, especially when the race/ethnicity is important to the character. But at the same time, Magneto would be old as hell tryna fight if he was a holocaust survivor. They gonna have to be creative with the X-Men in the MCU forreal

Denzel needs to be a character that’s CGI or that we don’t see his face. At this point of his career you just see Denzel when he’s on the screen.

That Tony letter to the team :smh: :pimp: Makes it all the better touch to it all. Like a cherry on top.

That See you around, but hopefully not anytime soon though :nerd:

Blue Marvel
I already said that :lol:

First thing I said actually. Granted I feel Idris should be offered it first.

I'm not for the race changing, especially when the race/ethnicity is important to the character. But at the same time, Magneto would be old as hell tryna fight if he was a holocaust survivor. They gonna have to be creative with the X-Men in the MCU forreal

I’ll gladly ignore the reality of time, I’ll willfully accept a floating timeline lol

Just like changing/updating ironman’s origin for IM

I could easily see mags being someone who lived through the civil rights era and him seeing the actions of people then I knowing what mutants would be facing and that radicalizing him

I’m all for Denzel to be in the MCU any way possible. Dude is my favorite actor, and I’m sure he’d kill any role. I’m not sure how I feel about him as Magneto (as I’ve never thought of that role in a million years for him), but I’d give it a chance. As some have already said, we’re so far removed from the Holocaust, the character would have to be ancient, or have something in their genes that allows them to age slower or something. If that’s not the case, I can see the MCU using the angle of Magneto having lived through more recent events such as the Civil Rights era here in the States, one of many African conflicts, or possibly something Middle Eastern. I’m curious either way to see what the MCU does with Magneto (Denzel or not), and just to see Denzel in the MCU in any role really.

Or, though in the comics Magneto actually lived through the Holocaust, they could slightly switch it and have it so that he never physically lived through it, but his family and such was destroyed as a result of it happening, before he was born that is.

Just like changing/updating ironman’s origin for IM

I could easily see mags being someone who lived through the civil rights era and him seeing the actions of people then I knowing what mutants would be facing and that radicalizing him

6CBF5B53-4A57-4A0F-9814-4B1F552A22C9.jpeg

Magneto

If you're gonna make Magneto a person originally part if the Civil Rights movement then you might as well go with the make the original X-Men all black.

Cuz I'm sorry but some white mutants taking part in civil rights era just for thr X-Men to be a white guy gathering white mutant kids while another white mutant having his own approach to mutant rights is just some plain hardcore in your face cultural appropriation.

Could easily have him be a kid who lost his parents to some racist shh

Could have whoever born late 50s so they’re alive through the 60s and old enough to have seen and remembered MLK’s death in ‘68.. and makes mags in 60s now

If you're gonna make Magneto a person originally part if the Civil Rights movement then you might as well go with the make the original X-Men all black.

Cuz I'm sorry but some white mutants taking part in civil rights era just for thr X-Men to be a white guy gathering white mutant kids while another white mutant having his own approach to mutant rights is just some plain hardcore in your face cultural appropriation.

Also you have this character who I’d imagine is big for Jewish people.. but marvel is doing moonknight

But personally, I’d be shocked if they changed Magneto’s race. He’s a huge person in the Marvel and X-Men universe, and he’s possibly the biggest Jewish character in comics.

I mean, I’ve said this before, but him just being Jewish he would/should be well aware and appreciate the horrors that took place to his people

So he himself doesn’t have to be a survivor.. but he could know what humans are capable of and what mutants could be facing

I mean, I’ve said this before, but him just being Jewish he would/should be well aware and appreciate the horrors that took place to his people

So he himself doesn’t have to be a survivor.. but he could know what humans are capable of and what mutants could be facing
Exactly.

Also you have this character who I’d imagine is big for Jewish people.. but marvel is doing moonknight
I'm not all that sure Jewish ppl champion Magneto :lol:

When he's not the tortured holocaust survivor fighting for mutants he's the Hitler lite mass murderering mutant that put humans in to ovens himself.

I'm not all that sure Jewish ppl champion Magneto :lol:

When he's not the tortured holocaust survivor fighting for mutants he's the Hitler lite mass murderering mutant that put humans in to ovens himself.

Yea.. I’m hoping they take a more tactful approach.. have something scare the crap out of the government X-men movie 1, so they start sentinel program

But mags isn’t the primary threat til movie 4 or so after he decides he has to protect mutants and take a different path than what professor x wants to do.. so things are developed and you empathize and he’s more antihero than outright villain

But personally, I’d be shocked if they changed Magneto’s race. He’s a huge person in the Marvel and X-Men universe, and he’s possibly the biggest Jewish character in comics.
Last I checked that's the Thing.

Magneto is up there but is specifially the Jewish holocaust survivor character since he's dated

Him and moonknight are the only Jewish characters I can name off the top of my head

I'm a Marvel guy so it's readily more apparent to me who is Jewish; The Thing, Kitty Pride, Moon Knight, Iceman, Magneto, Sabra.

Back
Top Bottom