WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Now that I’m older and having looked up who was/is Jewish, now it makes more sense.. especially with how many of the characters are set in New York

Plot twist: The government dropped the bombs on their apartment building in Sokovia that killed Magneto’s wife. Magneto was thought to be dead, but actually survived and was taken prisoner. He was led to believe that his children died in the attack as well. Scarlett, daddy’s coming home

C008C499-93A6-43E6-82C6-16B68E39B3F8.gif

Yeah Magneto would easily be a survivor of the Sakovia battle. The civil rights thing is something Disney wouldn’t want to touch

Yeah Magneto would easily be a survivor of the Sakovia battle. The civil rights thing is something Disney wouldn’t want to touch
You could be right about civil rights, but I don’t see Disney going back to the same Sakovia well. Used it already for Baron Zemo. Disney could just give Magneto a background that has a tragedy that has nothing to do with a historical catastrophe. Could’ve just had his family murdered and/or pushed to the side by society.

You could be right about civil rights, but I don’t see Disney going back to the same Sakovia well. Used it already for Baron Zemo. Disney could just give Magneto a background that has a tragedy that has nothing to do with a historical catastrophe. Could’ve just had his family murdered and/or pushed to the side by society.

They could but that would completely eliminate the Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver angle of them being his children. Even though the comics have gone back and forth with them being his children it’s generally accepted that they are amongst comic fans and general audiences who have more than passing knowledge. On top of that Disney will use every opportunity to link the Xmen and the Avengers. Even if that means making Wolverine more affiliated with the Avengers than Beast lol

Magneto being a mutant and a product of the Holocaust and the parallels there make his backstory more compelling/“strong” though. I think if you isolate his origin as “anti Semitic people killed my family” it would weaken his overall agenda of mutant superiority/saving all mutants from genocide

Magneto being a mutant and a product of the Holocaust and the parallels there make his backstory more compelling/“strong” though. I think if you isolate his origin as “anti Semitic people killed my family” it would weaken his overall agenda of mutant superiority/saving all mutants from genocide
Why not both?

Why not both?

Both? Like, holocaust + anti-semites?

My point was just that having the holocaust as a background of his origin story reinforces his mission and his character motivations.

Edit: do you mean like, a present time version of Magneto has a family history in the holocaust but his current family was the victim of anti-semitism? It works, but the backdrop of Jewish genocide and his direct experience in it is more compelling to his mutant “savior” and superiority agenda imo.

They could but that would completely eliminate the Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver angle of them being his children. Even though the comics have gone back and forth with them being his children it’s generally accepted that they are amongst comic fans and general audiences who have more than passing knowledge. On top of that Disney will use every opportunity to link the Xmen and the Avengers. Even if that means making Wolverine more affiliated with the Avengers than Beast lol
Oh I know that they’re his kids in the comics, but I think that ship has sailed in terms of making them his kids in the MCU. And I’d argue that most people that are into the MCU don’t even know that connection. We do, and comic book readers do, but the general audience I don’t think even knows about that. But who knows. It would just be too easy if they used either the whole “who they thought was their dad that died during Sokovia wasn’t ACTUALLY their dad,” or “their dad ACTUALLY ISN’T dead, and he always was or is a mutant now.” Would be weird IMO.

I agree 100%. I’ve always viewed him more as an Antagonist as opposed to a villain. Like Kilmonger. I see his point, and agree to an extent, “but your going about it a little wrong player.” Just wonder if they’ll use the Holocaust seeing how far removed we are from it. It ended 74 years ago this year. He’d either have to have something tied to his mutation that affects his aging, or, his family experienced it before he was born and he never experienced it firsthand. Can’t imagine they’d want Magneto to be damn near 90 and aging normally.

I agree 100%. I’ve always viewed him more as an Antagonist as opposed to a villain. Like Kilmonger. I see his point, and agree to an extent, “but your going about it a little wrong player.” Just wonder if they’ll use the Holocaust seeing how far removed we are from it. It ended 74 years ago this year. He’d either have to have something tied to his mutation that affects his aging, or, his family experienced it before he was born and he never experienced it firsthand. Can’t imagine they’d want Magneto to be damn near 90 and aging normally.

Ahhh I get you. My solution: ignore time lol. Keep him in his mid 60’s, conveniently forget that he should be about 80 years old by now :lol:

Comic book magic!

Magneto really dont need them kids especially with Pietro dead. They nit even his kids in the comics anymore.

MCU could do better and give him a better set of kids to spice up that connection and cross pollination

Kofi Sirboe would be great for Blue Marvel.
Not at all.

Blue Marvel is purposely suppose to be in his 60s looking like he's in his 40s with some gray on his temples.

Its why Denzel and Idris are being mentioned for the role. Kofi looking extra young.

IMO there’s no way Disney/Marvel doesn’t link Magneto and Scarlett Witch when the mutants join the MCU. Only reason they changed the parentage (again) in comics was because of their roles in the MCU where both Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver were being highlighted, but they didn’t have the rights to mutants. They wanted to sever that tie in the comics for the continuum of the films. With their parents never being seen or named in the MCU they can revisit it.

Back
Top Bottom