WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Rather watch I Love Lucy reruns than that trash.
Lol. There is definitely a twinge of truth in your harsh comment.

They definitely went for the look and authenticity of old sitcoms. I just think if you watch episodes one and two on their own, they’re not funny like the Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, I Dream of Jeanie, etc.

Die Hard Marvel fans are going to watch the whole show. But the average person is going to say this (as of episode one and two) isn’t funny and isn’t really keeping my attention.

I personally am going to watch it because it leads into the next wave of Marvel movies.

Get over yourself. I enjoy most of the MCU movies, but this show is not for the average Marvel fan. I gave it a chance and watched both episodes, don't care to see any more. Glad you guys think it's the bees knees tho.

I know we shouldn’t draw parallels with the Star Wars EU with the MCU, but with the lack of content on Disney plus and the staggered series releases they’ll have to play this jaw dropping formula to keep viewers subscribed ala Luke in the mandalorian.

With that said, bruh what major mutant/cameo/egg are they gonnna be dropping this series???!? I mean it’s gotta be someone major. I honestly can’t wait for Friday, those first two episodes aren’t for everyone but we should appreciate the approach.

Marvel and co are just breaking the realms of how the world portrays comic book adaptations. It’s not your steroid-pumped, comic-still, Snyder-cut macho film, it’s avenues more than that. They’re like chefs who dish you those palette changers and suddenly you think you know fine dining :lol: , but really it was their genius.

If you haven’t watched enough MCU to know the payoff will be worth it I don’t understand why you’d be watching this show in the first place.
because ppl like to complain just to complain
This is a MCU thread. So are we going to objectively view art. Or just be die hards?

I used to go to the Bodegas and buy comics. Spider-Man was/is my favorite. And then I expanded into Daredevil, X-Men, Hulk, etc.

I was geeked when the comics hit the screen. But that doesn’t mean I’ll blindly just like everything. Or ignore a valid argument. This is not Leave it to Beaver based on the first two episodes they released. Based in the vacuum, the average viewer is probably not going to rock with this. Maybe after all eight episodes have dropped and it makes more sense, Disney will have a hit on their hands. I just don’t think they should have taken this drip approach with THIS show.

Mando works a lot easier. Every episode is connected but self contained stories. They also did a lot of fan service this last season so every episode had clear Star Wars call backs that could get buzz on the internet. Again, we’re just talking about the first episodes of Wanda/Vision. Next week, it could be a whole lot better and start to build anticipation episode to episode.

My brother had the same opinion as dude. I, on the other hand, will spend the hour each week to watch.

Where was his valid argument? He just came on and said it was trash. Not a reason why.

There’s plenty going on within the episodes to show you or let you know there’s much more to this. There has to be some kind of build up for it to pay off. If dude wants to drop it because he doesn’t have the patience for a payoff so be it. He also hopped on to a forum where the majority loved it. All opinions are subjected to criticism once that post button has been hit. Had to know that was going to garner some kind of response.

Don’t think anyone here who likes it, is blindly doing so though.

Wandavision will be better appreciated by casuals after all episodes are released and it can be binged in its entirety.

Also keep in mind that if not for the pandemic, 3 movies would have already taken place in Phase 4 and Wandavision and all it’s weirdness wouldn’t have been everyone’s reintroduction to the MCU. Obviously there’s going to some overreaction to the risky, unorthodox storytelling of Wandavision when its the first thing folks are consuming in 1.5 years.

I’m on board with the risks Fiege is now taking with Phase 4 and beyond and cannot wait for the ****show that Loki will be.

Will watch on Friday so I can binge 3 episodes.

Agree with everyone who are liking the nostalgia vibe from when they used to watch nick at nite. Used to watch old shows all the time like I Love Lucy, Bewitched, Brady Bunch, and Gilligan’s Island.

Also seeing jessica hahn always makes me think of her bathroom scene in Step Brothers. :rofl:

Even if I didn't like it, I'd still trust Marvel at this point, but I'm digging the different vibes. I also really like Elizabeth Olsen and I'm glad she gets a chance to shine, Bettany too. As a far of sitcoms/TV/etc., I'm excited to see where they take it and after 2 episodes, I'm on board.

Not gonna lie in the first episode the “stop it”/husband choking sequence creeped me out for real :lol:

This was my exact reaction, like a creepy awkwardness that assures the audience that there's a lot that isn't right. Even in the 2nd episode where dotty breaks the glass in her hand was kind of dark, so I already kind of get Twilight Zone vibes.

I don't love the show, based on two episodes, but I'm sold on the characters and curiosity it creates. I wouldn't be able to relate to either end of the spectrum when people say it's either "terrible" or "amazing." At this point to me it's just interesting, more good than bad, with obviously a lot more to come. So with MCU's track record, that's more than enough to stick around for me.

I honestly couldn't care less about what it adds to the MCU story wise... it's simply not entertaining to watch for me. I don't need to watch the entire series to say that.

Back
Top Bottom