WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

during the end of Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Bucky went through all that to still be called “the winter soldier” in the end...

1619603786795.png

Bucky went through all that to still be called “the winter soldier” in the end...

1619603786795.png
I mean even after his redemption in the comics he continued to go by the “Winter Soldier”

White Wolf is the only other name he could go by and there’s no guarantee we’d get a backstory for that

Yeaa...they should probably reconsider that. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I guess they want to keep things in the states? Does Marvel think they’re too big for Capcom now??

Yeaa...they should probably reconsider that. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I guess they want to keep things in the states? Does Marvel think they’re too big for Capcom now??
To be fair, capcom fighting games haven’t had the best track record in the past 5-6 years plus. I’d still choose them over the other guys, but the other guys also make a ton more money

He’ll always be the winter soldier. It’s a part of him. He has to accept that and not try to ignore that.

nah..

even though he wasn’t in control of his actions, he felt guilt and actually tried as much as he could to make amends for his actions AGAIN when he wasn’t in control of his actions

if those in wakanda that went about fixing what was broken in his mind and can respect him enough to not call him by that name, I don’t see the problem

especially in a show when a big enough deal is being made over who is being called “captain America“

To be fair, capcom fighting games haven’t had the best track record in the past 5-6 years plus. I’d still choose them over the other guys, but the other guys also make a ton more money

The last time Marvel let a studio outside Capcom spearhead a AAA fighting game title for them, we got Marvel Nemesis :lol: Marvel and Capcom are joined at the hip :nthat:

The last time Marvel let a studio outside Capcom spearhead a AAA fighting game title for them, we got Marvel Nemesis :lol: Marvel and Capcom are joined at the hip :nthat:
Don’t forget whatever that mobile game was too haha. Unless that’s what you’re already talking about

I'd love for Arc System Works to get their hands on a Marvel game. Nobody makes better fighters than them right now IMO

IIRC Capcom’s Marvel licensing has expired.
When Capcom and marvel were working together that was around the time marvel was about to go bankrupt. Giver take a couple years. Now I’m pretty sure if you want to license with marvel it’s about the cost you your whole butt

Last edited:

1619603786795.png
That's his name. He gotta own it.

Same way Black Widow aint change her name even after she stopped killing for the KGB.

The truth of it is coming up with new superhero names that aren't too corny or lame that also catch on is incredibly hard.

Might be the worst news I can hear in gaming...
Yeah I don't like the look of those Injustice games let alone gameplay and I tolerate MK11 for the nostalgia.

That's his name. He gotta own it.

Same way Black Widow aint change her name even after she stopped killing for the KGB.

The truth of it is coming up with new superhero names that aren't too corny or lame that also catch on is incredibly hard.

I mean unless they planning on making an isolated movie for him, not sure why he needs an actual name.. not like he rolling around with a mask or trying hide his identity

they could have just said captain America at the end and call it that

i mean obviously there will be those out there that clearly still recognize him as that.. but ain’t like anyone who should respect him, should be using that

hell maybe develop the whole white wolf thing, since it might take time with a new BP

I mean unless they planning on making an isolated movie for him, not sure why he needs an actual name.. not like he rolling around with a mask or trying hide his identity
Everybody needs a name.

This is superhero comics.

The civilians aint gonna be calling this dude James.

You got military units with team names, tag names for individual, etc. No reason Bucky shouldnt have one.

they could have just said captain America at the end and call it that
Nah.

Its the same reason they aint call it Ant-Man 2. Its Ant-Man and the Wasp. Bucky and Falcon are a package deal from here on out.

i mean obviously there will be those out there that clearly still recognize him as that.. but ain’t like anyone who should respect him, should be using that

hell maybe develop the whole white wolf thing, since it might take time with a new BP
The Winter Soldier name already strikes fear in a bunch of criminals hearts already. Too late to build up the White Wolf. That's a Wakanda specific thing they just slapped on him.

Everybody needs a name.

This is superhero comics.

The civilians aint gonna be calling this dude James.

You got military units with team names, tag names for individual, etc. No reason Bucky shouldnt have one.

Nah.

Its the same reason they aint call it Ant-Man 2. Its Ant-Man and the Wasp. Bucky and Falcon are a package deal from here on out.

The Winter Soldier name already strikes fear in a bunch of criminals hearts already. Too late to build up the White Wolf. That's a Wakanda specific thing they just slapped on him.

i mean they already had the captain America film titled winter soldier, so doubt cap 4 will include that within the title

and I assume we’ll hear the name again, but I assumed it would be used as a slight by his foes or similar to how it was used in the show (he shows up certain places and certain people start throwing that around)

but given how the character himself has tried so hard to move on, figured it wouldn’t be something embraced just as sam/falcon was now taking on a new title

but the winter soldier was synonymous with hydra, so not sure why now with him being a good guy they’d want to carry it over

Back
Top Bottom