WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Joss coming back to direct an X-Men movie based on his Astonishing run? Wouldn't mind it at all.

So there are reports that Joss Whedon will be directing the MCU X-Men.... Anyone else see that?
If so its a great choice being that his run in Astonishing X-Men is one of the greatest X-Men stories ever and he really understands the characters. Not to mention his previous work in the MCU...Btw Every X-Men fan or Marvel fan should read his run IMO
Link to these reports? :nerd:

And nah, I don't want Joss back to direct X-Men.

His Astonishing run was good but not that good and far from greatest X-Men stories ever.

Joss coming back to direct an X-Men movie based on his Astonishing run? Wouldn't mind it at all.
This would make even less sense.

Don't see how his run could just fit in to tye MCU now unless you do the same thing but make them children :lol:

‘X-Men’ Cartoon’s Theme Song Sparks Lawsuit Against Marvel, Disney, Amazon, Apple & Others

It’s been more than a quarter-century since the X-Men animated series invaded small screens — and 22 years since it ended — but a new copyright-infringement suit appears to suggest that the entire X-Men universe that has exploded into the zeitgeist wouldn’t have happened if not for that series’ theme song.

A Florida man is suing Marvel, Disney’s Buena Vista Television, Amazon, Apple, Haim Saban and others, claiming that the X-Men toon’s theme song was ripped off from a 1980s Hungarian TV series. Zoltan Krisko says he represents Gyorgy Vukan, the late composer of the theme song from Linda, a “comedy thriller” that aired from 1984-91 in the former Soviet Union satellite. According to the suit filed today in the Southern District of New York (read it here), “a household name in Hungary and an entire country could identify the series through its iconic soundtrack.”

Disney ready to drop $4-5 Billion for Spidey?! Well damn...

they better up that offer, my reply from the spidey thread:

latest spidey just made a bil by itself, venom made $800m, into the spiderverse close to $400m

if you include homecoming, they have totaled $3.2b in 2 years (hc came out in 2017)

yes two of that had marvel help but sony feeling cocky and feels they can do it and with the extended deal with disney, its gon be a while before sony makes their own spidey film and fail at it and only then will they even consider it

this is the only franchise sony has these days that makes them money and they get practically zero cents from spidey merch so letting it go for that small of a sum mean sonys studio division might as well file for bankruptcy

i dont see it happening... at least not in the near future

they better up that offer, my reply from the spidey thread:

latest spidey just made a bil by itself, venom made $800m, into the spiderverse close to $400m

if you include homecoming, they have totaled $3.2b in 2 years (hc came out in 2017)

yes two of that had marvel help but sony feeling cocky and feels they can do it and with the extended deal with disney, its gon be a while before sony makes their own spidey film and fail at it and only then will they even consider it

this is the only franchise sony has these days that makes them money and they get practically zero cents from spidey merch so letting it go for that small of a sum mean sonys studio division might as well file for bankruptcy

i dont see it happening... at least not in the near future
While I would want more if I was Sony (because Spider-Man is so important to them in terms of making money, and their film division as a whole), Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4.5 billion in 2012. And while I’m not a fan at all of Star Wars stuff in general, I’d argue that Lucasfilms in whole and their Star Wars properties are much more valuable than Spider-Man. I’d take Spider-Man over Lucasfilms 10 times out of 10, but that’s just my personal preference.

yes but they also bought the marvel/mcu for $4b and if it is making as much money now back then, it woulnt have sold for that much

sw is huge but its not like the movies were raking in billions in films when lucas forked it over

hell they overestimated how popular star wars is and built this giant expansion at disneyland and disney world and expected 10-12 hour wait times for people to get in and when it opened... crickets, disney has had the lowest record crowd in years if not decades

you always have to value things in its current state and spiderman films have always been profitable and if you can make $4b in 3 years (sony will make that once venom 2 and/or morbius comes out next year) and that doesnt include the raimi trilogy and 2 amazing sm films that has made them billions before

now if you're sony and you can make $4b+ in 3 years on spiderman and marvel says "ill give you $4b for it now"... would you take it? hell to the f'n no! and if you use the excuse "well, we bought star wars for $4b 7 years ago" then i (as a sony exec) would laugh at you and say "this is 2019 and thank you for creating this monster where we can make billions off of our agreement where it creates a vague connection to mcu and you putting spidey in your films is pretty much advertisement/marketing for our own separate spidey-verse and make billions and take in all that profit"

hell is marvel uses the $b star wars excuse, if i were sony id say "ok, then sell me star wars for $4b today then?" or "sell me marvel/mcu for $4b... hell ill double it and give you $8b..." would that really convince you to sell either of those? :lol:

What’s kind of interesting is that if Sony ever wanted to sell its film division, the most valuable piece would revert to Disney so they can’t even sell it to Apple or whoever for its full value.

‘X-Men’ Cartoon’s Theme Song Sparks Lawsuit Against Marvel, Disney, Amazon, Apple & Others

It’s been more than a quarter-century since the X-Men animated series invaded small screens — and 22 years since it ended — but a new copyright-infringement suit appears to suggest that the entire X-Men universe that has exploded into the zeitgeist wouldn’t have happened if not for that series’ theme song.

A Florida man is suing Marvel, Disney’s Buena Vista Television, Amazon, Apple, Haim Saban and others, claiming that the X-Men toon’s theme song was ripped off from a 1980s Hungarian TV series. Zoltan Krisko says he represents Gyorgy Vukan, the late composer of the theme song from Linda, a “comedy thriller” that aired from 1984-91 in the former Soviet Union satellite. According to the suit filed today in the Southern District of New York (read it here), “a household name in Hungary and an entire country could identify the series through its iconic soundtrack.”

Well damn

I LOVE Whedon's Astonishing run but I never liked the line up. You have to do the Uncanny run and then morph it into Astonishing. Wolverine shouldn't be pushed to be on screen so soon. I'm adamant that the first film should just be the core 5 of Scott, Hank, Bobby, Warren and Jean.

Also, If Mike Sutton leaked it, it's happening. Reddit has been going crazy because of it because his track record has been about 90% which is outrageous in an industry with so many moving cogs. He had the names for the Disney+ shows before Endgame even released.

what is happening though?

all he is reporting is what disney is offering and nothing else

are we really going to believe disney was never interested in buying the spidey rights?

what is happening though?

all he is reporting is what disney is offering and nothing else

are we really going to believe disney was never interested in buying the spidey rights?

If they thought working with Sony could be amicable than we can assume that outright purchasing Spider-Man wasn't the highest on the priority list. But this publicity stunt that Sony pulled with the renegotiations cost Disney stock to drop and threatened there other investments like the interactive Spiderman ride premiering at Disneyland and World. It isn't hard to believe that Disney is now taking purchasing Spider-man serious now. Between cohesion of the films, Disney+ potential shows, Home box office sales and controlling the direction of merchandise there's enough incentive for Disney to take it more seriously than ever at this point.

its just your imagination again... you said the guy is legit and to believe him but all he is said is they made an offer and not that there is a purchase

your imagination started reaching and went off a tangent again

it might happen but this is no different than your other schtick but whatever

and there isnt a spiderman ride in development at disney world, universal owns most marvel character theme parks rides on the east coast and thats why they can never mention "marvel" in their rides/lands/attractions and they had to make a gotg ride because those were obscure characters and wasnt part of the deal when marvel sold them to universal

i believe universal still has a spiderman ride in operation so disney cannot use him on that side of the US at all

its just your imagination again... you said the guy is legit and to believe him but all he is said is they made an offer and not that there is a purchase

your imagination started reaching and went off a tangent again

it might happen but this is no different than your other schtick but whatever

and there isnt a spiderman ride in development at disney world, universal owns most marvel character theme parks rides on the east coast and thats why they can never mention "marvel" in their rides/lands/attractions and they had to make a gotg ride because those were obscure characters and wasnt part of the deal when marvel sold them to universal

i believe universal still has a spiderman ride in operation so disney cannot use him on that side of the US at all

We live in a world where Disney purchased Star Wars and purchased Fox and made a Spider-Man deal that wasn’t supposed to happen because of “legalities” happen and then turned around and made a Spider-Man renegotiation that “the door was closed on” happen again. You think Disney sets their sites on an IP and they don’t get what they want? Mike Sutton is human, he can be wrong. But he’s been on a crazy run. The fact that there’s smoke means there is a fire.

And you’re the Disney theme park head honcho in our community of Nike lovers sir. How could you disavow Spider-Man ride knowledge

And you’re the Disney theme park head honcho in our community of Nike lovers sir. How could you disavow Spider-Man ride knowledge

Spidey is coming to DISNEYLAND in California NOT DISNEYWORLD in Florida

as i said, in that side of the US, Universal has marvel rights, hell even in California they have to call it Avengers Academy, the word Marvel isnt present anywhere outside of merch

there is a reason a Marvel Land isnt being made in DisneyWorld and going to Disney parks outside the US instead

i think the border is the mississipi river or something :lol:

Spidey is coming to DISNEYLAND in California NOT DISNEYWORLD in Florida

as i said, in that side of the US, Universal has marvel rights, hell even in California they have to call it Avengers Academy, the word Marvel isnt present anywhere outside of merch

there is a reason a Marvel Land isnt being made in DisneyWorld and going to Disney parks outside the US instead

i think the border is the mississipi river or something :lol:

I’m curious as to the deal that took place that allowed universal the Spider-Man theme park rights all those years back. That ride is crazy old now too. It needs an update. Used to love that and the T2 show at universal.

I’m getting old :smh:

I’m curious as to the deal that took place that allowed universal the Spider-Man theme park rights all those years back. That ride is crazy old now too. It needs an update. Used to love that and the T2 show at universal.

I’m getting old :smh:

part of the terrible state marvel was in when they sold off the film rights to different studios

universal also got that incredible hulk coaster and dr doom freefall ride iirc and i think they use a lot of xmen characters too, never been there unfortunately and i dont think they are even adding or updating it but if it were me i would focus on that as the film becomes a huge advertisement for it

the spiderman ride coming to disneyland is pretty much gon be an updated version of the universal ride, its sounding and looking good

part of the terrible state marvel was in when they sold off the film rights to different studios

universal also got that incredible hulk coaster and dr doom freefall ride iirc and i think they use a lot of xmen characters too, never been there unfortunately and i dont think they are even adding or updating it but if it were me i would focus on that as the film becomes a huge advertisement for it

the spiderman ride coming to disneyland is pretty much gon be an updated version of the universal ride, its sounding and looking good

Arad and Perlmutter :smh: :smh:

It should always be kept in mind, if those rights werent sold off Marvel comics would not exist as a publisher. It would've went under and all of the ip would be licensed off to other publishers. So none of those comics post 2000.

There'd be no Marvel Studios to spin out of a non existent Marvel entertainment. Disney wouldn't have a Marvel to buy in 2008/09.

Universal ride used to be ghost busters, right?

Does “island of adventure” still exist at universal studios Florida? I remember seeing pictures in Wizard and wanting to go lol

Back
Top Bottom