MARVEL C U Thread -* we love you 3000 STAN LEE* - WHATS YOUR FAVORITE MCU MOMENT OF THE DECADE?

Joined Nov 20, 2007
I imagine he wanted to go too dark and MCU was like nah.

The New Mutants may also play a part with the MCU thinking they already have their hard horror movie so let's make this Strange sequel more sci-fi occult with the multiverse angle.

I was always curious about how Derrickson was gonna combine the subtitle Multiverse of Madness and him swearing the villain was gonna be Nightmare who is god of dreams and nightmares which doesn't really connect to the multiverse.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
also decided to watch the final battle of endgame again

there are now 2 definitive MCU timelines... the one with the stones but with no thanos and all of his crew after 2014, so whatever impact they had from the point they left is all gone

and the end of game one

Old cap is obviously an issue, but I guess they could say he used the pym particles to come back, but he doesn’t use the portal.. since he only has to stay uncle peggy’s death

wonder if they address that at some point, I’d assume if they need tony for anything

Joined Mar 30, 2007
as I said above, the Ironman from the timeline that thanos and co left in 2014 has an ironman that never encountered thanos so no infinity war or end game

I mean technically should be a cap in that timeline as well

only question is how the cap from endgame timeline gets back within the timeline that gets him back to the end.. since there are 2 for sure we know of

ARK

Supporter
Joined Dec 27, 2012
as I said above, the Ironman from the timeline that thanos and co left in 2014 has an ironman that never encountered thanos so no infinity war or end game

only question is how the cap from endgame timeline gets back within the timeline that gets him back to the end.. since there are 2 for sure we know of
huh?

Joined Nov 20, 2007

Pretty sure they're not gonna deal with any of that.

Too unnecessary to keep track of.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
Pretty sure they're not gonna deal with any of that.

Too unnecessary to keep track of.
i doubt they do until down the road, if at all.. but nuggets will be there, new version of nebula

and then you have the sit down where you just explain they never had a snap and/or a thanos..we killed our thanos AND their thanos

Joined Nov 20, 2007
i doubt they do until down the road, if at all.. but nuggets will be there, new version of nebula
What new version of Nebula?

Old Nebula killed 2014 Nebula.

and then you have the sit down where you just explain they never had a snap and/or a thanos..we killed our thanos AND their thanos
Yeah, I don't think they're gonna do any of that.

I don't think they ever touch on the alt timeline where Thanos and his entire army just disappear.

I think they'll either go back in time and get a past Tony from their timeline or deal with an actual multiverse and introduce a Tony from a parallel earth.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
Meant gamora, 2014 gamora is running around in endgame timeline

so their GOTG doesn’t have thanos AND no gamora

Joined Mar 30, 2007
I mean to some degree they have to address it.. but they could explain a hell of a lot

even if it’s them accepting that she has to go back to her timeline in the end to help that team get formed and to defeat ronan

Last edited:
Joined Nov 20, 2007
I mean to some degree they have to address it.. but they could explain a hell of a lot
I think enough was explained already. This Gamora was plucked from the past and is now 9 years in the future.

No need to actually revisit that timeline. She doesn't have to be there.

even if it’s them accepting that she has to go back to her timeline in the end to help that team get formed and to defeat ronan
Kinda think this is unlikely.

Also no reason to defeat Ronan cuz he isn't being backed by Thanos. Ronan without Thanos' army and an infinity stone isn't a big threat.

Also without Gamora, Quill probably wakes up from being knocked out, steals the power stone and sells it like he intended or gets caught by Rocket and Groot and then it gets sold as intended.

Joined Sep 26, 2015
Too bad, I was looking forward to Derrickson doing Doctor Strange 2. Maybe it was too hard for him to do what he wanted with this movie in the context of where it will fit in Phase 4 and that's understandable.

I think Feige is using this movie to set a lot of things up for the future, especially since WandaVision will tie into it as well. Derrickson probably was better suited to do something standalone or a one-off. Maybe DC should pick him up

Top Bottom