WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I'm going to put on my flame suit here. And I'm a fan of the BP movie, but opinions of the movie are subjective. People pulling the racism card for having differing opinions of the movie is just as annoying and unjust as people on the extreme left labeling ALL people as fascists and Nazis for having a difference in opinion on social issues. Not everyone is racist, sexist, fascist or whatever else just because they have a difference of opinion.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but see it from other people's point of view. I get that the movie means a great deal to the black community because it's historical and cultural ties and it IS a great movie, but not everyone has to like it.

I for one, loved the movie. Does it deserve an Oscar nod? I don't know, maybe. But if I say 'no it doesn't' on Nike Talk, I'm likely to be called a racist.

INB4 'there are obviously racist undertones to people not likely the movie'. Yes of course, just like how there are obviously Neo-Nazis and actual sexists or transphobes out there, but people need to relax when it comes to a difference in opinion. I guess it's hard to express an opinion online nowadays. Nothing in that screenshot above seems racist to me.

EDIT: Also it goes both ways, the extreme left and liberal movement people are on nowadays are clouding peoples judgement as far as social justice goes and it in turn, destroys and alters peoples perspective on simple things like movies. So we have conservative white people automatically labeling the BP movie award nods as 'affirmative action' moves to appease the left, when in reality it IS a decent movie. So it's a slippery slope and goes both ways.

Just like ant man and wasp presented us with huge clues into Endgame plot (ie quantum realm), I expect captain marvel to do same- especially with how close endgame is to being released after captain marvel. I expect Ragnarok like end credit scene where it is basically the first scene of Endgame

I wholeheartedly expect CM to end with her receiving Fury's page and flying back to Earth, where we see her hearing a distress call and coming across the Benatar.

Reactions: DLF
I wholeheartedly expect CM to end with her receiving Fury's page and flying back to Earth, where we see her hearing a distress call and coming across the Benatar.
This!!! Or maybe end credit scene is her getting the page. This would put dent on motion that endgame starts 5 years after the snap...always thought this was stretch anyways

I'm going to put on my flame suit here. And I'm a fan of the BP movie, but opinions of the movie are subjective. People pulling the racism card for having differing opinions of the movie is just as annoying and unjust as people on the extreme left labeling ALL people as fascists and Nazis for having a difference in opinion on social issues. Not everyone is racist, sexist, fascist or whatever else just because they have a difference of opinion.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but see it from other people's point of view. I get that the movie means a great deal to the black community because it's historical and cultural ties and it IS a great movie, but not everyone has to like it.

I for one, loved the movie. Does it deserve an Oscar nod? I don't know, maybe. But if I say 'no it doesn't' on Nike Talk, I'm likely to be called a racist.

INB4 'there are obviously racist undertones to people not likely the movie'. Yes of course, just like how there are obviously Neo-Nazis and actual sexists or transphobes out there, but people need to relax when it comes to a difference in opinion. I guess it's hard to express an opinion online nowadays. Nothing in that screenshot above seems racist to me.

EDIT: Also it goes both ways, the extreme left and liberal movement people are on nowadays are clouding peoples judgement as far as social justice goes and it in turn, destroys and alters peoples perspective on simple things like movies. So we have conservative white people automatically labeling the BP movie award nods as 'affirmative action' moves to appease the left, when in reality it IS a decent movie. So it's a slippery slope and goes both ways.

Shut up

Somebody find and post the watch calendar to watch every movie b4 avengers drops please

I sort of agree with your overall point. People should be able to have a difference of an opinion without being labeled something right way, but come on. You know how the dude that made the first comment really feels. Who gets that mad at a movie getting a nomination? not a win but a nomination...... I get the frustration about a movie not getting nominated because it's being over looked, but he was made at just seeing BP listed next to the other movies in those categories.

I sort of agree with your overall point. People should be able to have a difference of an opinion without being labeled something right way, but come on. You know how the dude that made the first comment really feels. Who gets that mad at a movie getting a nomination? not a win but a nomination...... I get the frustration about a movie not getting nominated because it's being over looked, but he was made at just seeing BP listed next to the other movies in those categories.

This. I agree that the first person calling the nod 'BS' is probably racist if it bothers that person that much that it was nominated, but again, as I said, there are blatantly obviously racists out there. On the other side of that spectrum, the other dudes in here completely dismissing my post entirely or telling me to 'shut up' are basically doing the same thing. Let's get real here.

There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but lets be real here. This is the internet, filled with low key racist who are quick to diminish ANYTHING that is successful and not catered to the white male.

Never saying you cant like Black Panther or didnt feel it was Oscar worthy, but when you see people who are "MCU fans" NOT celebrating Black Panthers success (and even worst, talking crap about the movie), then call it for what it is.

Lets be real and call it what it is.

Dummies in the comments calling it the worst, second worst marvel movie etc. Dude knows what it is. Some people just love to be contrarions.

I thought MBJ’s performance was subpar honestly. Like some of his lines were forced and some of them he delivered, especially the last scene! Damn near got goosebumps off that.

Don’t get me wrong tho, I completely understood his motives and was kind of rooting for him but once he mention killin kids I was like.....”hol up wait a sec now.”

*shrugs*

Look, Black Panther was one of the best movies of the year! Deal with it!!!

Anyways, not sure if posted......(one of the best breakdowns of Captain America imo)

It's ok not to like bp, it isn't for everyone

But there are definitely those who don't like bp for the wrong reasons

Coincidentally I’m having this debate over text with my boy who’s on the other side. He doesn’t think Black Panther deserves all the praise nor an Oscar nod because the movie in his opinion isn’t that great and thinks the only thing it does right is capture “blackness” which he concedes as being very important him being a black comic book fan. But then claims from a superhero standpoint, that it was very subpar.

I told him and would tell anyone that if you’re trying to separate the “blackness” aspect of Black Panther from the film than you didn’t get it. But if you do get it, then there should be no debate as to why this film at the LEAST deserves an Oscar nod...

Yeah taste is subjective, but for me even if you remove the "blackness" the only complaint I have is the CGI.

EXACTLY. Which is why this movie is and should be heralded. It had every reason to be “handicapped” but flourished instead. Add to the fact that it perfectly fits within the overarching story of the MCU and you have something incredibly special.

Stark is like nike.
He sold weapons to both sides while profiting off of both....
This never happened.

If you're gonna try to throw stones at least have some basis in fact.
he still hasn’t had to answer for ultron and the destruction of wachovia. Also blackmailing a teenager and forcing him to fight in a dangerous battle.
Nothing to answer for when you got it like Stark.

Also BP never joined the scumbag's side. He had an entirely different notice specific to him.

But if y'all were paying attention he and his father were both for the Sokivia accords.

But maybe you watched a movie involving Wachovia.

I thought MBJ’s performance was subpar honestly. Like some of his lines were forced and some of them he delivered, especially the last scene! Damn near got goosebumps off that.

Don’t get me wrong tho, I completely understood his motives and was kind of rooting for him but once he mention killin kids I was like.....”hol up wait a sec now.”

*shrugs*

see i agree with u but i actually thought the last lines were super corny. i rather die with my ancestors who jumped off the ships. bla bla bla. super corny imo. he came across as an angry brat often in that movie to me. i still liked BP but it wasnt this movie of the year candidate most people painted it out to be IMO

Back
Top Bottom