Marvin Harrison asks for release from Colts

Report: Harrison asks for release from Colts

Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - In a stunning move Sunday, future Hall of Fame wide receiver Marvin Harrison has reportedly asked for his release from the Indianapolis Colts.

A report on NFL.com said that after Harrison and the Colts failed to agree on a restructured contract, the eight-time Pro Bowler asked for his release from the only team he has ever known.

A 13-year NFL veteran, Harrison has been embroiled in an alleged shooting incident in his hometown of Philadelphia, PA, and his release would end one of the most successful quarterback-wide receiver tandems in league history.

The former Syracuse star and Colts quarterback Peyton Manning own NFL records for most completions (971), yards (13,090) and touchdowns (110) since the two began playing together in 1998, the year Manning was taken No. 1 overall. Harrison was drafted by Indy with the 19th overall pick two years earlier.

Harrison, who has been accused of being involved in a shooting outside an auto repair shop he owns in North Philly back in April, recorded 636 yards and five touchdowns on 60 catches in 15 games this season. He played in only five games in 2007 because of a knee injury and owns 14,580 receiving yards and 128 touchdowns on 1,102 receptions in his career.

02/23 01:50:19 ET

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/news.aspx?id=4214674http://www.sportsnetwork....news/news.aspx?id=4214674

Guess he wanted to save face.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Al Davis is ready.

laugh.gif
Youth movement baby.

Alright now, who should I keep on my fantasy team for next year: R. Wayne or Marshawn?

Originally Posted by JCH3

Alright now, who should I keep on my fantasy team for next year: R. Wayne or Marshawn?

Keep an eye on Anthony Gonzalez now that Harrison may be gone.

This just opens the floodgates for a lot of delusional fans, which we have already seen make a bid in here
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Looks like Reggie Wayne will have a LONG up coming season.
What makes you say that?

Marvin has either been injured or some horse *+%* over the past Two Years and Reggie has been KILLING.

Last year, Marvin played in like 4 games.

Reggie caught 100+ balls, 1500+ yards and like 10 TD's.

ohwell.gif

Reggie Wayne played basically this entire yr without 88, and he still had a monster season.

I could see him going to the Eagles...

He's from Philadelphia, owns an auto shop in Philadelphia, and played college ball with Donovan McNabb at Syracuse.

Seems like a pretty good fit if he's really set on leaving

smh.gif
Marvin & Edge hands down my 2 favorite Colts,prolly the reason I started to %$#% with the team as much as I do...

He's obviously not worth that salary anymore, but I still think he has a couple more productive years left. He will be going into a season healthy unlikethe past couple years, plus a possible attempted murder charge wont be hanging over his head. Using this as motivation, I can def see another 78-1,000 seasonout of him...

He was on pace to break both of Jerry's receptions & yards records before the injuries got him....
tired.gif

This might've been true 3 years ago. Reg can handle his own.

As for Marvin: he's still one of the smartest WRs in the game. He just needs a smart QB.

Originally Posted by dreClark

What makes you say that?

Marvin has either been injured or some horse *+%* over the past Two Years and Reggie has been KILLING.

Last year, Marvin played in like 4 games.

Reggie caught 100+ balls, 1500+ yards and like 10 TD's.
pimp.gif

Yeah Reggie has been ready to become the number one for a while now. He is gonna do just fine without Marvin. With that being said ive always been a bigHarrison fan and seeing him leave sucks, but he's had a great career and I think its time to call it quits.

Wonder would Zona pick up Harrison if its true that Boldin is gone......
Breaston and Fitzgerald is a good 1-2.... but.....

Back
Top Bottom